24

Sidharth who was in the hospital for Maa's routine check-up saw Ishika, tensed and scared while he was passing through the corridor. He stilled in his place seeing her looking again and again to the ward that she was in front of. Is Sana over there? Is she okay, the question surfaced his thinking. His heart hammered as his face had the lines forming. She was his, WAS? He questioned himself. His soul still searched for her, in every moment he has spent without her, and as soon as it happens, the anger he has, the antipathy always quashed those affectionate and soulful connection with her. Anger is such a enemy. It doesn't solve anything neither does it create, but it crumbles everything that was built. Anger burns everything into ashes, and leaves no trace. One will not find anything that was burnt in the moment of haste and anger. It makes us speak like a devil, the words that none would speak. An action that is committed in anger is doomed to destruction.

He has overheard Maa and Usha didi talk about her, and her staying with Ishika, but at that point of time he was enveloped in the cover of anger so protectively that nothing beyond it was visible to him. He never had a talk to Maa about her. But as the months passed he has been guilty of what he has uttered in his blind rage. It is rightly said that anger is the punishment we give ourselves for other's doing. Sometimes he was so guilty that he believed that whatever was happening was a punishment to his deeds. There were also times when these thoughts would knock at his door but he would shoo them away taking her as the doer of all. Both were in immense pain. Sidharth just concealed it with the strong rough and angry exterior where as Sana just cried. Since her grief was shed in tears people felt her to be more broken. But weren't they both into it equally. Even if Sana had a larger share, can his share be just neglected. Wasn't he the sufferer too?

Standing there and observing her for a moment, he wished to go to her and ask her if Sana was alright? How is she? Why was she here and who was she waiting for her? A thousand questions crossed his mind in millisecond. But he didn't have the courage to see her. He couldn't face, may be because he was in the wrong, may be because he has lost that right, and may be because he just couldn't. He left, back to Maa. The test were done, and Maa was being seated in the doctor's office awaiting the report. As Sidharth came in, Maa saw his tensed face and the frowns that were on his face mirriored on her too.

"Kya hua Sidharth, itna pareshaan lag rha hai" Maa questioned softly.

"Nahi Maa kuch nahi" he lied, with his head hung low. Lying to a mother is the most difficult task.

"Sidharth bol beta" Maa insisted. Sidharth didn't look into her eyes and muttered that he was fine. Before Maa could proceed further, doctor came in with the reports, making them carry over with their conversation for later, unwillingly.

"Sidharth, here are the reports everything is perfect, and there is nothing to worry about" Doctor explained them.

"Thank you doctor", Sidharth responded, smiling. Maa also nodded and they both left. Maa still saw his face hung low, but didn't push further. She understood that he needs space and she will give it to him. They were passing by the same corridor, where Ishika was because Sidharth insisted her reasoning it to be a quick way to reach out. He wanted to see her, he wanted Maa to see her, so that he may know about her too, it was purely because the gnawing about her was troubling him. Maa saw Ishika who was walking in a frantic, and when she saw Ishika talking to doctor, she was worried for her. Maa with long steps reached her.

"Ishika, bache thik hai tu, kya hua" Maa asked her worried. Ishika turned around on the voice and gave a confused smile, but when she saw Sidharth the smile vanished and was substituted by anger.

"Hello aunty, aunty main bilkul thik hun,"

"Toh phir yahan kaise?"

"Woh Aunty, actuallly Sana admit hai. Actually usko kaafi weakness ho gyi thi toh she fainted today, but nothing to worry about, she is absolutely fine now", she informed them, particularly Maa. Sidharth who by has his nails being bitten bybhis teeth, sighed knowing that she was fine, and the urge to see her was elevated.Maa turned to doctor to know the actual condition. "Doctor, thik hai na meri bacchi"