23

The monetary issues knocked back on Ishika and Sana's door. Since Sana has been at home for months, the only earner was Ishika. Even though she was being paid good but sometimes the expenses surpassed their estimated budget. Every expenditure was taken care by Ishika, and at times Sana has been guilty of putting Ishika under so much pressure. She might be earning now and an independent female but for her she was still her little Ishi and seeing her all burdened has made her sad, but her own grief was pulling her back to do anything. Ishika has been tensed all day with the running expenses. This month also, like the last few months the expenditure has somehow crossed the budget and now paying the rent for their home was being the main issue. The owner had alarmed them already and paying it was somehow not settling well. Sana was drowning in the guilt being a liability. She saw Ishika sitting with frowns, scratching her neck time and again fiddling with the pen scribbling figure on the paper trying to sort out the things. She tiptoed to her and sat beside her. Ishika looked at her and smiled.

"I am so sorry ishi, Main kuch nhi kar paa rahi hun teri help krne ke liye, except for being a burden" Sana started apologetically.

"Ohhh.......... I never knew that family is a burden" she spoke spitefully, and Sana was bitten by her own words. "Sun, agar teri jagah main hoti toh tu kya krti, bata, yeh sochti kya tu ki Ishika is a burden on me" she further added and Sana head hung low. No way she will think that way, she can never think so. She was her baby sister. Her only family.

"NO, Ofcourse not, tu bakwaas mat kar" Sana was quick to rebel her words.

"Tu bhi mat kar phir" she countered.

Silence prevailed in the room. Sana knew what was to be done but she was still scared to take that step. She feared the world outside now and this was her safe heaven now. But something was to be done.

"But I want to help you, I just cant be sitting obsolete and do nothing except munching and crying"

"Sana"

"Ishi do you think that I should restart working" Sana suggested after thinking for a while.

"Ofcourse, my love. Only if you want. Agar yeh sab tu pressure ya guilty ho kar rahi hai toh mat kar, but if you wanted to do it, do it for yourself" Ishika advised her calmly and continued "Abhi bhi we need you in the office and you know you are the best at what you do and no one can replace you. Even sir was asking about you, but since you were not in a good state of mind so I just kept mum, but since you are ready then why not" ishika encouraged her.

Her last incident in the office flashed infront of her and her anxieties kicked in with the second thoughts, was she really ready for it. Can she do it? But with the situation it was needed and also she can't always be sitting there in that room. Just sitting and crying would not give her, her Reyansh back. Her face was changing colors. The face that had lit up a moment back was turning pale. She was scared to face the world. Seeing her nervous Ishika hugged her.

"I know tu jis phase mein hai usese nikalna itna aasan nahi hota hai, par Sana yeh toh tu bhi jaanti hai ki aise apne aapko band krke bhi kuch nahi hoga, tu apne aapko takleef de rahi hai jo kisi bhi tarah se sahi nahi, haina tu khud soch kya Reyansh kabhi bhi tujhe aise dekhna chahega, nahi na. You are a fierce woman, a phoenix and now it's your time to rise back and fly higher. Or main toh hun na hamesha tere saath, tujhe jab bhi meri jarurat hogi I will be right beside you. You are my Sanu, my superwoman, jo kabhi ladne se nahi dari hai and I know you will come out victorious of this fight also, my love. Hain na" Ishika was so soft and so soothing, Sana felt herself choking and her eyes blinked to fight away the tears. Ishika was right. She was a phoenix and she is a phoenix.

This is what friends do right. They fight with you, they annoy you, they tease you and they do everything wierd, but when the lifes turns wierd they hold you up, cry with you in your sorrows and make you laugh again. Sana believed that the almighty had favoured her with Ishika in her life. She has been so paitent while dealing with her, her outburst, her retreating back from everything, her ignorance and everything in that year. She has always held up, and if she somehow couldn't, she never left her side.