63

"Come, sit...coffee??", Ishika offered as he came out of the room, putting Sana to bed. He was hesitant to talk to her, rather scared with the anticipation of the forthcoming. He has been witness to the love she has for Sana and the hate she had, or may be still have for him. Hate, it wouldn't be the appropriate word, but there was certainly a dislike, a despise towards him, from her for the obvious and justified reasons at her end. But were the reasons she has taken as the base and constructed the superstructure of hate, really justified and right. Partially yes, and partially no. Because she was only a witness to one side of the coin and it was never flipped, rather she never tried to, to look at what the other end had to provide, what are the reasons to her plights that he is the doer of. But maybe now, they might have a confrontation, may now she can look at the other side of the coin too, may be she can prove herself wrong of what she has been assuming since long.

"Ummm....it's okay" he denied, politely. Not knowing what to say, is the most difficult situation for one. He was reciting his sentence in his head, denying it, making another, rejecting it, and the process was ongoing.

"Kyun.....zeher nahi milaungi, and also you must be tired too", she insisted, and since he was still in his engagement wear, it was easy to know he had no time for rest, and with the day so long it must have exhausted him.

"Kya pata" he joked, trying to diffuse the awkwardness that was in the air.

"Nahi milaungi, you can trust me on this" she assured. He smiled and agreeed, for a cup, and ofcourse he was tired to bones but this, the talk it was necessary it was needed. "Baitho, I will get the coffee" she offered and got into the kitchen to brew a fresh cup of coffee for both of them, because the talk was going to be long she assumed.

"Here" she came after a few minutes and extended the cup to him. He took the cup and thanked her with a smile. She smiled back too, he was taken back. Ishika smiled, no she reciprocated his smile, with a smile, it was rare and absolutely new. Something he has never seen her do, something he was never met with. Ishika smiling, and not galring or cussing him, it was really unusual.

"You okay??" he aksed really worried for her, and was sure something has gotten into her.

"Ofcourse I am, why would you ask. Do I not look ok?"

"You do look okay, but actually....ummm.....you....actually you smiled... I mean you reciprocated my smile with a smile and its rare so I wonder if you are okay, just concerned" he fumbled.

"Isliye, I don't smile at you" she retorted, and glaring eyes were back.

"Better, now you look familiar" he chuckled. Ishika was trying not to, but even she smiled and the discomfiture appeared ebbing away. That's the key to everything-communication. It can resolve biggest of the tussles and knots and liberate one, of the many burdens they carry.

"We need to talk", Ishika initiated, he nodded. They did, but what, none knew or they knew but how, they don't.

"I am sorry, Ishika", Sidharth broke the ice, by apologizing. In the process of being hurt and hurting he might have even unintentionally hurt her.

"I would have said its okay, but not before knowing your story....I have always been skeptical of you and I would not lie, that when I saw you for the first time, jab pheli baar Sana ne mujhe batya tha, that there this man that she has fallen for, I didn't liked you....pata nahi kyun may be no reason but just the vibe....woh shayad tumahre saath sahi nahi baithi.....but slowly I understood you, and I realized why they say never judge a book by its cover......but then something unexpected happen, something none of us ever wanted....Sana ko maine dekha when I found her Usha didi ne call kiya tha, my heart broke, she was empty, void nothing was left. I was so scared...she was standing in the middle of the road, agar usko kuch ho jaata toh main kya krti, waise bhi family nahi hai, jo bani agar woh bhi chali jaati toh kya hota, I was very sacred, like pheli baar shayad mujhe itna dar laga, or us din I hated you....I really did...har cheez ke liye tumhe blame kiya....sahi kiya galat kiya nahi pata.....", she blurted all she has pent up inside for him, of how his doings has made her hate him, dislike him, because the fear she felt the day when she saw Sana standing in the middle of the road, empty from within, it shuddered her, it shook her, and the fear of loosing family despite not having one, it was felt. Sidharth wanted to defend himself, he wanted to ask her so many things, and what he came to face, what he was told, it froze him, with the fear with the crippling fear of loosing her, what if she would been succumbed to any of the mishappenings, he would have lost all his life in a night, and it pricked his heart that it was him who led her to that. The lump in the throat was strenuous to swallow, and even didn't move further when he tried too.