85

"So I will take a leave now" Rachit rubbed his hand through his scruff, hesitant to stay and unwilling to go. All this while he had known one thing, that Ishika was someone, that no one has been to him. The closest he has been to, after his mother. The fights, the banters, and the little moments of something indescribable, something that was too beautiful to give a name to. She has been clouding his mind and thoughts more often now, and probably whenever there is only him, the only thing that rotates around his mind was her. The day since they met for the first time till today, he has known the variant shades of her, and found out what a wonderful personality she is. She is moody, at times but he is so used to it, that not having the grumpy or annoyed Ishika arround bugs him. That's normal her and he has liked that. She is powerful, with her thoughts and words. And it has always been a weak point for him. Whenever she speaks, he listens to it not out of an obligation but with willingness. The "don't worry dekh lenge" attitude of hers, has sometime worried him for her. Not always, can one carry this perspective and lookout towards life, he has always been stuck to that, and sometimes overstressed himself. Overthinker that he has been. Just like in her case. He has thought and rethought, and still is thinking.

"No, don't leave, stay. It's new year eve and I think I don't want to be alone" she said, loud. She was done with pretending. Pretending that she want him to leave, when she doesn't want that. Pretending that she does not notice him, when all she do is notice every thing about him. No not like she was spying on him or stalking him. Nothing, like that, absolutely nothing. But when he is with her, she notices him, quite much. She is done pretending of them being just-friends, because probably she doesn't consider that the only relation they share, with the absurd thoughts she has about him now a days, and owing to the erogenous thoughts, she couldn't just put the tag of the friendship to it. That would taint the purity a friendship has.

He was wide eyed, and suprised. Never did he thought she would actually want him to stay back. He was elated, to be with her, and secondly he couldn't deny how sensational and sensuous she looked in the sequin dress with those ruffled sleeves. Alluring.

"Are you sure?" he confirmed. She held his hand and pulled him in as an answer to her question leaving him in smiles and blush.

"Last time we watched one of your gross romantic movies, so now it has to be the horror" Ishika debated, refuting to his demand. He shivered with the thought, a horror movie, Ishika beside him, the night hours, and he couldn't show he was scared probably shivering out of fear. She would tease him for life, he knew that.

"Ishika, jab you are here why do I need to watch a horror movie" he joked, and she threw the newspaper at him, for the crummy joke.

"I swear I would kill you for this" she warned, seething at him. He gave a benign smile, saving him from the horror.

"Ab toh no option, maine ek baar socha bhi tha, that we would watch what you want......but ab no chance" she exclaimed, setting on the most horror movie to ever exist.

"Acha sorry baba but no horror movies please" he pleaded.

"Tell me something, tumhe dar lgta hai na......that is why you always want to get away with it.....hai na?? Batao batao" she quizzed, wriggling her brows and intimidating him. He couldn't say yes. A yes meant her rolling on the floor and laughing at him, and then broadcasting to the world the next morning.

"No...nahi....bil...bilkul bhi nahi" he fumbled trying to be confident. While, the insides were praying, for her change of mind.

"Toh it's final, we will be inviting some guest tonight for the new year celebrations" she smiled wickedly, and turned to switch the movie. He sat there, horrified, but being brave. He wasn't ready to be mocked, and also knew she would do that no matter what.