81

Excited like a child, with a myriad of emotions crossing his mind every second, he opened the door to his room to be welcomed by a shocked wife, who was standing in his tshirt which was loose and long for her. Hairs all up in a bun but hardly any stayed there, as they all were flowing down like tendrils on her face. Face looking exhausted and pale, hand supported with a strap, A STRAP immobilizing her hand, restricting the movements, and....but WHY? His mind ticked with the question. Was she hurt, and so much that it required to be held in place. If she was hurt, why was he not aware? Why were the things kept away from him?

Glaring the screen of her phone, lips puckered eyes fixated in concentration, hand resting on her hip, she heard the door to her room creak open and she saw her husband, in person, standing just a few steps away. Eyes scanning her and analyzing her state. DANGER!! She sensed a yet another round of tharshing and scoldings. And it coming from Sidharth, made her bite her lips in fear. She absolutely had no escape. But how was he here, when he was supposed to be back two days later. She was happy that he was back, but in that moment, with the eyes studying her she knew what was next for her.

"What the hell?" she heard him say amidst her asking "tu kab aaya?" and before any answer could come out, she ran for escape into the bathroom. IN THE BATHROOM.

"Sana" he paced towards her, as she locked herself in the confines of the bathroom, out of harm's way. But for how long. Her teeth tormented her nails harsher, as she heard the knock turn louder.

"Sana come out" he yelled. Not much louder, but higher than the usual one.

"Nahiiii" he heard her reply, flaring his nostrils.

"SANA I SAID COME OUT" he gritted through his teeths. Rattled and agitated. The thoughts were bugging his mind. Worried and upset simultaneously. Worried for her health, at how her face looked so drab and indisposed. Her hand adding to his worry. Upset at how he was kept out of the incident, of how no one considered telling him anything. Was he apart of different from her. They are husband and wife. And aren't husband and wife considered two entities as one. Wasn't this relationship described as such? Why, then why was he not included in her worries and pains. He has the right to worry for her, to look after her.

"Nahiiii aaungi" she said, feebly. Scared of his reaction which would be justified, yet she wished him to not react that way. And at the same time she wondered about how she would have reacted,if placed in his place. Probably, louder and worse than him.

"Sana, Sweetheart please come out" he said lovingly and as soft as possible and only Sana could feel the storm and rage beneath his soft words.

"NO NO NO" she shook her head to and fro, denying him, as if he could see her through the door.

"Sana, come out at once.......at least let me see you" last words pleading her. He has missed her and he wanted to just hold her for a while.

"Phele promise kar kuch bolega nahi mujhe....." she demanded smiling.

"Aaja yar nahi bolunga"

"Nahi aise nahi......bol Sana I promise main kuch nahi bolunga" she stated, for him to repeat. He chuckled. Being mad at her was something he can't carry for long.

"Han, nahi bolunga aaja ab.....come out na baba, nahi bolunga kuch" he did as told.

"Sidharthhhhhh......." she dragged the name, making a way for a wide smile to his face. And even then he did not let the topic of concern slip away. "Pakka kuch nahi bolega...." she confirmed. He nodded.

"Han baby, aaaja ab come out.......itne din baad tera pati aaya hai or tu mil bhi nahi rhi hai" he persuaded, like a child is to get to do a thing with a bait of a sweet or a candy of their favourite snack.