7

"Mumma papa ko bolo na aaj bahar jaaenge please, aaj toh Sunday bhi hai", Reyansh turned to Sana for assistance in convincing Sidharth for the outing.

"I am so sorry baby, but aaj papa is very busy, next sunday pakka", Sidharth reasoned for the sudden call off of the 'every Sunday outing'.

"Mumma aap bolo na, please", Reyansh tried his luck once more but failed as Sidharth again voiced the same.

"Reyansh, baby come here", Sana seeing his sullen face, pulled him to her and tried to cheer him up and soft soaped him to let Sidharth work.

"You are my good boy, my best baby" she cooed planting kisses all over his face. He started giggling, feeling ticklish "papa never says no to you haina?" Sana continued further and he nodded "par aaj papa has to complete lots of work, aap toh good boy ho aap hamesha apna homework bhi complete rakhte ho but papa ne nahi kiya, or agar aaj unhone nahi kiya toh phir unko punishment milegi, aapko acha lagega ki papa ko punishment mile", he moved his head left-right. "so we will let him complete his work and we will play ok", and he hugged her squealing. Sidharth did not understand what did Sana say as she was talking in whispers only for Reyansh to hear, but he smiled that finally Reyansh had a smile on his face.

Reyansh hopped from Sana's lap to Sidharth's. "Papa, aap kr lo work, aapko punishment nahi milegi phir, lekin papa be a good boy and complete your work on time", he advised him and plastered kisses to him. He was amused at his words, and looked at Sana. Sana was trying hard to supress the laughter but couldn't contain anymore and burst laughing.

"Seriously" he looked at her, perplexed.

"Bye papa, I am going to play now aap work karo okay", and he ran to play with Sana. Sana ran along with Reyansh laughing remembering Sidharth's face.

Sidharth occupied himself in the files, smiling at his son's antics. Sana and Reyansh played, they jumped, they both laughed, they danced and had a lot of fun. Sidharth could only see a little glimpses of them running to and fro, through the window, but the giggles were filling the house. He felt tranquility enveloping him. "Please god keep this heaven safe and sound" he looked up to almighty, with a helplessness. He feared with unknown fear of loosing everything. All he wanted was to stop the time and wrap the two pieces of his heart away from any harm of evilness.

Sundays were the best because, this day was all for them, for Reynash and for each other. Recently Reyansh health have been fine and there has been no complaint or he hasn't had any breathing problems as he had earlier. Due to his condition he wasn't permitted to run much or for physical activity which requires a lot of strength. Sometimes, when denied for playing much he would sulk and would throw tantrums and his parents would oblige to it happily. The rigorous activities were usually exhausting for Reyansh, let alone rigrous but even a little more movement then allowed swetaed him and worried Sana and Sidhrath.

After the lip smacking lunch filled with non stop chatters of Reyansh and Sana, Sana got to bad for a quick energy nap, while Reyansh was still like a electrifying ball, who jumped and hopped. He saw Sidharth sitting scrolling hia phone, so he sat on Sidharth's shoulder and tied his hairs into a fountain pony. Sidharth tried to feel annoyed, but his presence can never let that happen. How much he pins him, or annoys, Sidharth would just feel more in love with him.

"Papa, aap pari lag rahe ho", he shrieked after succefully making the pony, he has been working on for so long.

"Pari?, kal tal main tera superhero tha aaj pari" he feigned annoyance.

"Papa, aap pari wale superhero ho", he declared still sitting on his shoulders, he held his face and made him look at him. He placed his lips on his forehead " aap pari ho ya superhero, you are the best papa", he didn't realise the weight his words had, and Sidharth felt tears. He felt he achieved everything as he was declared to be the best father, by his son. He was ready to be a pari, he won't mind getting a pony on his head all his life if his son thinks he is the best father, and he was even ready to tie a cape and put on a underwear over his pant if he wishes someday, just to hear he is the best father.

"Papa, I love you, aap sabse beautiful, pari ho, mera nona baby, cute cute putthu", he smacked a kiss on his cheeks pulling him from the emotional zone.

"Oyee, yeh tu kha se sikhta hai ajeeb ajeeb se words", Sidharth interrogated hearing his weird words. Though he knew these were Sana's vocabulary, but it was years back she used them.

"Mumma bolti hai mujhe, main unka cute cute nona baby hun", he cooed sliding in his lap from his shoulders.

...............

"Hello Sir" Anahita greeted him in her sultry tone, and tried to grab his arm, not understanding her motives behind that sinful smile,he only greeted her with a smile and walked in to the study to grab the files, gesturing her to make herself comfortable till he returns back.

She was dejected at the subtle rejection, which was infuriating. But she just kept hold on the facade she has been successfully playing since long, now.

Sana was busy with her designing as it was Mr Sinha was a really big cheese, and him agreeing to the collaboration with their company, wasn't a small thing. Since she had been on it for hours now she felt the need for water and finding the bottle to be empty she came out from her room and her eyes landed on Anahita. Her blood boiled seeing her. She hated her presence around herself. She couldn't digest the fact that she actually stays aroumd Sidharth more than she does. She was jealous, she admitted and also rationalized her behavior saying " Sidharth is still my husband". Ignoring her she did what she came for and went back to her room.

Sidharth was back from the study, with a bundle of files and thumped them on the table. He explained the basics to Anahita and got on to hia work.

Reyansh was bored of seeing her mother draw certain designs. So he decided to help Sidharth now, because for him he was helping Sana in his work.

"Mumma, ab I am goimg to help Papa, but don't think ab aap free ho, main aakar check karunga" he ordered like a strict teacher and Sana nodded like an obedient student. She smacked his bum saying "Nautanki kahi ka" and he left laughing. He came running to Sidharth and plopped himself in his lap. Sidharth just kissed his head and Reyansh continued playing.
"Papa, I am here aapki help karne aapko kuch smajh na aaya ask me. "

"Yes boss" Sidharth saluted him.

Reyansh was good around Anahita too as she would sneakily give him chocolates at times. Anahita loved playing with Reyansh. That was a fact that she didn't like Sana for obvious reason but for Reyansh, she liked being with him and playing him for obvious reasons, to gain Sidharth's attention to herself.

"Hey champ, what's up" she aksed him as he greeted her with his smile.

"I am a superhero" he replied her

"Ofcourse you are, little boy, waise I got you something" she whispered only for him to hear. He giggled and looked at Sidharth. Sidharth was engrossed in his work. Reyansh forwarded his hand. She took out the almond cookies and placed in his hand.

He just gobbled the cookies grinning and the very next moment he started wheezing for air and Sidharth panicked.

"Reyansh, baby what happened" Sidharth shouted helplessly seeing him struggle for air.

Sana heard the commotion and when she saw what it was for she felt her whole world shattering.

Aarzooein sang lekar, khwaab phir jode

Thaame tera yaar daaman, yaar daaman phir se...

Gaye bhool jo lamhe, woh dard ke pal the

Behtar ab din ho, kal ke kal ke

Kis tarah se tera, ab shukar adaa ho

Teri nazro karam ke sadke sadke...

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Thank you for reading. Do not forget to vote and comment.

I am grateful for the love.
Lots of love 💕💕💕💕💕