Why did you pause.

I have off today and I need to see Francesco, I believe him,I just wanted to know what was going on. He can have friends that are girls all he wants. "Babe please come over today. I'm sorry I made you upset. Love you x" Francesco texts me back and says "I'll be there in like 20 minutes. Love you too." Even though he's mad he still says he loves me. What a change.

Francesco knocks on the door and I let him in. "Are you still mad at meee. I bought you cigarettes since I always smoke all of yours!" I said. "No I'm not mad anymore.. And You didn't have to do that." Francesco says. I put the cigarettes in his hand then kiss him. "I believe you...I always did. I just wanted to know the story that's all. I was blind sided all of a sudden people are like "poor lana " and "I'm sorry" and I had no idea why." "I know...I should have seen that coming. I told you I won't hurt you Lana. You know I love you. I'm not barrie. I think sometimes you forget that." He says. "I know...I'm working on it. I love you too. And I'm sorry." Francesco puts his arms around me and kisses me.

Francesco and I are walking to a café to get coffee while holding hands. It's such a nice day in CA! I'm glad I have today off to spend with him. "Francesco you're lucky lana is still with you after you cheated on her" a paparazzi guy said. Francesco looks down at the ground and I rub his hand with my thumb. I know he doesn't want people thinking he cheated. But there's nothing we can do. He's the best boyfriend ever. And people should see that. I stop in front of the cameras and kiss Francesco. He smiles really big at me and we walk into the café. "Thank you for that." He says. "Anything for my boy." I said smiling.

We get back to my apartment and I'm not feeling good at all. I have a fever but I feel so cold. Francesco tucks me in my bed and calls my dad. "Hey mr.Grant it's Francesco. Lana isn't feeling well at all. I think you should come over." "What!! I'm on my way. Thanks for calling me." Rob says. "Anytime. Bye" Francesco says. "Are you ok baby??" "No..I feel awful. Can you call a doctor and bring them here? I don't want to deal with paparazzi. " "I'm on it" he says while holding my hand. I feel like I'm dying. Ughh.

My dad rushes through the door 4 hours later and says to francesco "where is she??" "She's in her bed, the doctor came. She can tell you what's wrong." "Okay....thanks." My dad walks in my room and says "honey what's wrong!! Are you okay?? I was so worried." "Hey dad, I'm okay. I felt really bad earlier but the doctor gave me medicine. I have pneumonia...from smoking." I knew my dad would be disappointed in me because he hates when I smoke. "Oh my gosh. When will it go away?" "He said a few weeks. But it'll keep coming back until I quit smoking." I said. "So are you going to quit." "Well I kind of have too. I already have to cancel my show tomorrow. The doctor says I can't sing. He said I need to rest." "You do. Well I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I'll be in the guest room okay? I'll stay until tomorrow. I've got to take a shower.I came straight from the beach." He says. "Okay thank you dad. Love you" "love you too baby girl."

Francesco walks in after my dad leaves "everything ok?" "Yeah, it's just going to be really hard for me to stop after 12 years. I took up smoking after I ended my alcohol addiction." "I know baby, but I know you can do it. And you'll go through it with me by your side." He says laying next to me. I turn towards him and say "Thanks baby,I'm glad I have you." I said. He kisses me then replies "are you hungry? Do you feel well enough to eat? You haven't eaten in a while. " "I'm starving.But I still don't feel well enough. But thank you."

The door knocks and my dad says he'll get it. Francesco is still laying next to me I hear my dad say "she doesn't want to see you. " I look at francesco in confusion then I hear Barrie's voice.."oh my god. That's barrie." I said to francesco. "What?? Why the fuck is he here." I get up and Francesco follows me I walk into the living room and I see Barrie in the doorway and him and my dad pause and look at me. "Lana!" He said pushing past my dad and walking up to me "are you okay?? I heard you were sick and I had to come see you." "You need to leave man." Francesco says. "You need to chill I'm not here to take her away from you yet..because you know I fucking can whenever I want. I just want to make sure she's okay." Barrie said. Francesco looks at me expecting me to say something about that, but I didn't....Francesco steps in front of me and is face to face with Barrie "Fucking say that again." "Guys stop! barrie you need to fucking leave" I said. "Not until I make sure you're okay." Barrie says. "Barrie you need to leave, before I make you." Rob says. "Lana, are you okay???" Barrie says. "Yes. I'm fine. Barrie ,go now." I said pushing him to the door. "Are you happy.." Barrie asks. Francesco looks at barrie like he's going to beat him up then looks at me waiting for me to answer, my dads arms are crossed and then looked over at me too. Barrie is staring into my eyes. I pause for a good minute, looking at barrie, the man I once loved so much,that I would have done absolutely anything for. "Yes, I am." I answer. Barrie laughs then leaves. After the door closes I stand there for a second then My dad walks up to me and puts his arms around me "come on honey. Let's get you back to bed." I follow my dad then I see Francesco looking at me with a face that says "why did you pause." (when barrie asked me that question.) or "why didn't you say anything when he said that (when he said he could have me back whenever he wanted)" I kiss him goodnight then we both go to my room and go to sleep.