#138: You secretly like him

i have watched pitch perfect 2 twice since it came out and can i just say that i love rebel, hailee and anna fo lyfe

Ashton: "Why do you even like him? He has a girlfriend," Your best friend pointed out, stealing a glance from the curly haired drummer from a popular band in your school. He was talking to his girlfriend, surrounded by his many friends and his bandmates. "For your information, I've liked him way before he started dating her," You said, shrugging. You've liked Ashton for months now, but he probably didn't even know you existed so you didn't see any point in trying to get close to him. You were too awkward and too shy to even approach him, so you never tried either. "And what does him having a girlfriend have anything to do with me liking him? It's just a stupid little crush anyway," You went on, and noticed the way your best friend scowl a little at your words. "Is it really just a crush?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. You glanced over at his table, your heart aching as you watched him converse with his girlfriend. Maybe it wasn't just a stupid crush anymore, you thought with a frown. And as you were lost in your thoughts, you swore you saw him sneak a glance your way, but you played it off, thinking it was just your eyes playing games with you.

Michael: "You know, take a picture. I'm sure it'll last longer," A deep voice remarked, which made you come back down to earth. Narrowing your eyes at the blonde boy who was snickering in front of you, you snapped, "Shut up, Luke. I wasn't staring at Michael." Luke shot you a teasing smile and raised his eyebrows, "Never said you were staring at Michael though," His comment caused you to smack him up the head with a frown. "You're so annoying, why are we friends again?" You rolled your eyes and took a sip out of your water bottle. Luke stuck out his bottom lip and for a second, his eyes widened ever so slightly before he leaned in close to you. "Michael Clifford, three o'clock," He whispered in your ear, but before you could even react, your eyes caught sight of an angel. "Hey, Luke," Michael nodded, flashing one of his beautiful smiles. His gaze then landed on you, which sent your heart on overdrive, "Hey, Y/N."

Calum: "So, how does this work?" Calum asked, looking through your notes for this certain experiment. You couldn't help but thank the heavens above for giving you an opportunity to spend time with the boy whom you have focused your affection on. You've been crushing on him forever, and it all started when he told you that your eyes looked so beautiful once. That was honestly all it took to steal your heart. No one ever complimented your eyes before, and you fell in love with the fact that Calum paid so close attention to you that he noticed your eyes. You've only ha a couple of conversations with him before, but ever since he became your lab partner, you two have gotten even closer. "Um, I think we have to like mix this chemical with the sugar," You began, reaching out to take the beaker but at the same time, Calum reached out for that beaker as well, causing your fingers to touch his. Your eyes widened, and you could feel all the blood rush to your face at the contact. "Sorry," You heard Calum mumble, quickly withdrawing his outstretched arm and went to focus on reading your notes. You prayed that he wouldn't hear the loud hammering of your heart against your ribcage, and cleared your throat. "Um, we should probably get started."

Luke: You found yourself writing his name inside a heart once more, and a sigh escaped your lips upon the realization. You slammed your notebook shut, taking a deep breath. You were meant to be studying for your exams, but your mind just couldn't help itself from wandering to him. His name was Luke, and he was in your music class. He was a very talented singer and guitarist, he always had you mesmerized whenever he played the guitar or sang in class, and you'd often see him playing with his friends during lunch time too. He was also incredibly smart in maths, he usually taught his classmates how to solve maths problems they didn't know how to. To say he looked like a god was an understatement, he was absolutely beautiful and you couldn't resist from falling for him. He was so unreachable, he was like a star that you would try so hard to reach but couldn't ever do so. And even if you knew that you would never reach him, you found yourself falling for him more and more each day.