#41: High School AU (part two)

Ashton: You looked up and hazel-colored eyes met yours. "A-Ashton," you stuttered, looking away from his beautifully colored eyes and turning your attention to the chapter of your lesson. You were now sitting in your bedroom floor with Ashton, who has been smiling at you for a few minutes now. The weekend finally rolled around, which meant that you had to go and tutor Ashton, and you were as nervous as hell. You found out that Ashton's in a popular band with a few other younger guys in a different school, which made him significantly more attractive in your eyes. He was the drummer, which explained his slight huge arms and you noticed him drumming the table every now and then. "So, Y/N, what are we going to study about first?" He looked up at me with those beautiful eyes once more, as his deep dimple pops out from his cheek. You looked down at the book and you bit the inside of your cheek, knowing you couldn't concentrate on tutoring him at all because of his mere presence. As if talking to boys wasn't hard enough, but he just had to be this attractive? You cannot handle this at all, you couldn't concentrate, all you wanted to do right now was just talk to him, then push him up against a wall and kiss him. Wait, no, that escalated quickly. He was really attractive, and he's making your heart do weird things whenever he's around. You couldn't tell if it was because you were nervous, or if it was because you actually liked him. You wanted to deny the fact that you liked him so bad because you knew liking someone would only mean a distraction, and you couldn't afford distractions now that you were graduating very soon. Love can wait, you kept saying to yourself and managed to survive high school without a boyfriend because you were so awkward around guys. But this is probably the first time you probably felt something for a guy, and it's probably the first time you actually talked to a guy before. "History," you tell him, flipping the page and he giggles. "You're so adorable!" he says as he reaches out to pinch your cheeks. Your eyes widened at his sudden gesture and you found yourself blushing. He was just so close and he looked so adorable so you decided to get revenge - you pinched his cheeks as he pinched yours, and you giggled. "You're even cuter!" you cooed, laughing along with Ashton. You two stopped and looked at each other, before bursting into laughter. That's probably the first time this happened, and you found yourself comfortable with Ashton a few hours later. You tutored him the entire afternoon, taking a few breaks here and there, and whenever it was break time, you two would just fool around and be weird together. Throughout the next few weeks, you repeated this routine and you grew closer and closer to Ashton, and before you know it, you became best friends and before you know it, graduation was right around the corner.

Michael: "Hey," you heard someone say as they sat down on the seat from across you. You smiled when you heard his familiar voice and chuckled saying, "You just can't stay away from me, can you Clifford?" You looked up, meeting his beautiful emerald colored eyes, and he smirked, shrugging. "Maybe," Within just a few weeks, your thoughts on Michael Clifford has been completely changed. At first, you thought he was just this douchebag who didn't care about others at all, but you realized he was just a nice person. You've somehow managed to become friends with him, and that makes you really happy. You weren't expecting that at all, because just a few weeks ago, you hated everything about Michael. You felt really bad for judging him without knowing him, he's actually a really amazing person to be friends with. You have also noticed that he's stopped hanging out with a lot of girls, and that he's almost always with you every second of the day. You don't understand why he's been staying beside you all the time though, but it's not like you really minded. Having him around was something you actually really liked - he was just really so funny and just so talented, he's also pretty amazing. He sings to you sometimes and even plays the guitar for you, he'd come over to your house to watch some movies and even get into tickle fights with you. Your relationship with him has evolved from strangers to close friends in just a matter of days, and you just couldn't believe how fast things have been happening. You ruffled his hair and giggled, "Well, I'm hungry. Wanna go outside to eat? I hate eating inside here, people are always staring," you muttered the last part under your breath. Michael's new friendship with you hasn't gone unnoticed - everyone saw how close the both of you have been these days, and all the girls he used to hang out with are beginning to hate you for stealing him away from them. You didn't like the attention at all, but you didn't care as long as you had Michael by your side. "Sure, I think Calum's outside with Luke," he says, taking your hand in his and pulls you out of the crowded cafeteria. Your heartbeat raced as you stared at your hands, and smiled. You have accepted the fact that you feel something for Michael, and you just don't know why it hasn't hit you sooner. You hated him because you wanted his attention, but he never gave you any. He still hasn't told you the main reason why he didn't notice you before, but you've always been too scared to ask. "Hey, there they are!" screamed Calum as he slung his arm around Luke, who was eating a burger. You sat down beside Luke and smiled at him, and he smiled back, chewing thoughtfully after he did. "So, are you coming to our gig this weekend?" Luke asked you and you nodded. They're in a band together with a boy named Ashton, and they invited you to their gig this weekend. Michael says he's got a surprise for you. "Excellent," Calum grins, exchanging meaningful glances with the two blonde boys.