#69: Amnesia (part three)

Here's the happy ending you guys wanted :-) Sorry if it's kinda short and stuff, yeah haha xx

Ashton: You chewed on your bottom lip, listening to the phone ringing on your ear, anxiously waiting for his voice to replace the ringing. Your heart raced with every ring, and when the ringing stopped, you could hear Ashton's familiar voice from the other line. "H-hello?" His voice was shaky, and it wasn't full of life, like it used to be before you left. You sniffed, wiping away the tears in your eyes and you could hear some shuffling on the other line. "Hi Ashton," you squeaked, your voice cracking as you said his name after so long. The way it rolled off your tongue felt so different, because it's been too long since you spoke of him and his name, it actually felt really good saying his name again. "H-hi,"  he says, and an awkward silence grew between the two of you. You didn't really think this through, and you didn't really know what to say to him. You called him up on impulse, mainly because you missed him like crazy - being without him drove you to insanity, and he was the only person who could make you sane once more. You haven't decided what exactly you were gonna tell him, but you wanted it to be along the lines of, "Hey Ashton, it's me. I'm so sorry for breaking your heart and leaving you before, but I miss you so much and I never stopped loving you. Could you please take me back?" You had to say something similar, but of course, it would be hard to get those words out. You decided to just approach slowly, and just deliver the news to him when he calms down. "What?" Ashton asked, sounding shocked. You furrowed your eyebrows, asking him why he said that out of the blue. You began to tap your fingers on your lap, trying to get your heart to slow down in your chest, because it wasn't doing a very good job at calming down. "Y-you want me to take you back?" He asked, his voice breaking at his own question. You cursed as you realized you voiced your thoughts out loud, and Ashton heard them. You started to panic, tears threatening to fall from your eyes from the turn of events - you might get rejected again, and you didn't want that. You wanted him back, you wanted your Ashton back but delivering the blow to him at once was just too much. There was a huge chance that he would say no, and you tried to take your words back. "No no, I-I didn't I was just- thinking, shit. No, I was actually just umm, fuck," you stammered, trying to think of an excuse, but gave up trying to take your words back when you realized you had no excuse. You took a deep breath, fighting the tears stinging in your eyes as you accepted your fate, "Yes Ashton, you heard right. I really do want you back - no, I think I need you back. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, because I made you feel like shit. I ripped your heart out of your chest, stepped on it, crushing it into a million tiny pieces and left, leaving you to pick them all up and put them back together all by yourself. Like I said, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, or your heart after what I did but I can't last without you anymore. I tried so hard, for a long time to learn how to live without you, but I couldn't - you were my other half, and you completed me. Ashton, I miss you so much, can you ever forgive me?" You broke down halfway through though, and you could taste the salty tears on your tongue as you spoke. You began to hiccup, your heart pounding as you awaited his response to your words. "I-I'm so sorry," you heard him say, before the line went dead. You dropped your phone on the bed, falling down as the tears streamed endlessly down your face. Your heart was breaking in two, and you needed something to numb the pain away. "I'm here now," you heard someone mutter, and you turned around to see Ashton, with his hair sticking up in all directions and tears brimming in his eyes. "Wh-what are you-" "I couldn't take one more minute without you, I was on my way here when you called and here I am," he explains, as he pulls you into his arms. You began to cry into his chest, and he buried his head in your shoulder, crying into you as well. "I'm so sorry for everything, but let's give our love another chance," he whispers, pressing a kiss onto your shoulder, a smile making an appearance on your face when he did.