#49: Over and Over - 5SOS (His POV)

So exams are next week and I don't know when the next update is, sorry guys :(

Ashton: "You say it's no concern, and everything's alright. Sometimes we all get burnt, and then we try to hide"

Distant. She's been acting really distant to me lately, and although she doesn't want to say anything, I can tell something's up. I really miss having her around, but she has always has her head up in the clouds, or is somewhere else. I barely even see her anymore, and I miss her so freaking much. "Are you alright?" I asked her, as soon as she came back from wherever she came from. She looks up at me with tired eyes, and there were huge bags under her eyes - she looked horrible. She manages a small smile and nods, "No need to worry, everything's fine, Ash." She pats my shoulder and kisses my cheek, and I watched as she ascends the staircase, making her way to our room. I knew that was a lie, I can see it in her eyes. I can feel it - I felt it in that kiss, and I could feel it these past few days. We aren't the same anymore, she doesn't love me as much anymore. Heck, even I think that she doesn't even love me anymore. I plopped myself on the couch, running my fingers through my curly locks, breathing out a long sigh. I still remembered the first time we said I love you to each other, and I would bring that day back if I could. I closed my eyes with a smile, as I flashback to that day - it was a cold night, and there was a storm outside. She was so terrified to the thunder, so she clung to me as we sat on the couch, trying to watch Family Guy. There was another loud booming of thunder, and she shrieked, her grip on me getting tighter and tighter. "Shh, it's okay, I'm here," I reassured her, rubbing her back with my hand. She was trembling in my arms, and I pressed a firm kiss on her forehead, making her calm down slightly. I could feel her breathing grow steady, and I smiled, knowing she has finally calmed down. I began to draw random shapes on her back, and began to hum the familiar tune of One Direction's Little Things. "Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me," I sang quietly, as I intertwined my fingers in hers. I could see her smile and breathe out. "But bear this in mind, it was meant to be. And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me." I continued, placing a kiss on her forehead. "I know you never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you never loved your stomach or your thighs."  I planted a soft kiss onto her eyelids, which caused her to giggle. "The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, but I'll love them endlessly." She smiles and kisses my nose. "I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, it's you. It's you, they add up to." I kissed her nose, then both her cheeks, causing her to flush. "I'm in love with you, and your little things." I kissed her on the lips, and her hand immediately found the back of my head, pulling me closer. She pulls away a second later, placing her forehead against mine. "I love you, Ashton," She grins. "I love you more," I say back, pressing my lips on hers once more. I frowned upon remembering that first I love you, and sniffed as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I guess this means we're over," I whispered to myself, pulling my legs up to my chest and hugged my knees, letting out the silent sobs.

Michael: "And when the night gets dark, and there's no way back. I'll call your name but it's fading, we're fading"

Darkness engulfed me, and there was nothing but darkness for miles and miles. Everywhere you turned, no matter how far you walk, there will only be darkness. "Hello?" I called out, but no one except the echoes of my own voice answered back. I began to walk, looking for someone in the darkness but I stopped after what it feels like forever. And then, I spotted her - I'd know that hair anywhere. I began to walk towards her, but she peered over her shoulder and when she saw me, she began to walk away. "Wait," I called out, running over to her. I realized that the more I ran, the more she became harder to reach. "Y/N," I called out, but she doesn't turn to look at me. Instead, she just kept running and running, and I couldn't even catch up to her. "Y/N!" I shouted, my feet giving in. I ended up on the ground and I groaned, looking up to see her figure slip farther and farther away from me. "Come back," I yelled out, and I winced in pain as I hurt myself when I fell. I fell. And it hurt. "Come back," I whispered when she was no longer visible, and I ended up curling into a ball, where I cried all my hurt away. "Come back," I bolted awake, sitting up as I did. I could feel my hair sticking to my forehead, as I was drenched in my own sweat. I wiped the sweat away and took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. Calm down, Michael. It was just a dream, it was only just a dream. She'll never leave you... Right? I glanced beside me to check if she was still there, if she was still lying to the spot where she fell asleep last night. I was expecting to see her beautiful and angelic face, as she slept but all I saw was an empty space. She was no longer there, but I was already used to seeing her every morning. I would watch her as her chest rose and fell steadily, and the way her lips would twitch into a smile when she's dreaming, and the way she mumbles a few words. She was perfect, and she wasn't here anymore. She's gone, and I need her back. I exhaled, as I felt a wet tear roll down my cheek. I didn't bother wiping it away, I knew more would just replace them. I guess the truth is I'm not over that fact that she isn't mine anymore, because I knew that we were fading. I know that we're fading and the thing that bothers me the most was that I know I couldn't do anything about it. I can't make her feelings for me come back just like that, and I know she'll be better off with someone else. We're fading, and I want to set her free. I glanced at the picture of the two of us near my bed, and I crawled over to the bedside drawer. I picked up the picture frame and examined the two of us - I had my arm wrapped around her and she was standing on her tiptoes, trying to give me a kiss on the cheek. She was so adorable, and I can't believe that I can never bring this back. It'll never come back, and I had to learn how to move on.