#120: He likes you but another boy tells you

so basically this is about him liking you but one of his band mates tell you about him liking you!! just in case any of you got confused!!

also im still going to look for character names for my next fanfic, you could be chosen if you comment on at least once in any of my michael fanfic chapters. :-) [hint hint] you may wanna do this soon bc im kinda starting a new project and i need a name ASAP !!

Ashton: "Did you know that Ashton likes you?" Your cousin, Luke, asked as he took a seat next to you. You nearly choked on your orange juice when his words registered in your brain, because there was absolutely no way that Ashton would have a crush on you. Ashton was in Luke's band, and he's in a different high school from where you and the other three members of the band attend. You were practically siblings with Luke, and he'd invite you over to Michael's place when they have rehearsal. You liked listening to them rehearse, they treated you like a fifth member of the band (except that you can't play anything and you're only there for.. moral support) and they were all really nice to you. Ashton was the nicest one of them all, he'd usually sit down next to you during breaks and talk to you about things, you can tell that he really is fond of you but you've never actually thought about him liking you. Ashton was really attractive, his eyes were hazel but they looked green sometimes, which was pretty cool. You also found it attractive how he could play so many different instruments - the drums, the cajon, the guitar and the piano, and how he could even sing like a real star. Plus, the deep dimples were a pretty sweet bonus. "No," You placed the glass of orange juice down onto the dining table, wiping your upper lip with your thumb. "And I don't really believe it." Luke raised his eyebrows at you, his pink lips curling into a smirk as he leaned back onto his chair and folded his arms across his chest. "And why not?" He asked. Ashton couldn't possibly like you, he was way too good for you and you're just you. He's way out of your league, he should like someone who actually is in his league as he can do better than that. "I'm me, Ashton couldn't like an average girl like me. I'm lame," You shrugged, which made Luke scoff. "Stop bringing yourself down, Y/N. You're awesome and Ashton sees that," He stood up, patting your shoulder with his smirk still present on his face. "Just so you know, Calum, Michael and I are okay with you guys dating. If ever."

Michael: "What are you doing?" You let out a yelp when you felt someone's entire weight on top of you, and you quickly pushed Calum off your back so you could breathe again. You composed yourself, running your fingers through your hair as you glared at the boy, who just held his hands up in defense and smiled innocently. "What are you doing?" You shot back, rolling your eyes as you fixed your gaze back onto your laptop, and continued scrolling through your Facebook feed. It wasn't really unusual for Calum to do these kinds of things, he's your best friend and he has the right to do anything to annoy the shit out of you. And apparently, his way of annoying you today was interrupting your surfing time to lie down on your back and crush you with his weight. "Oh, nothing." You gave him a look that said, "I don't believe you" and he just stuck his bottom lip out. "I just wanted to say hi to my best friend, can't I do that anymore?" Calum always does this and you couldn't really help but find it adorable, he looked just like a puppy and you often wonder why you never developed feelings for him. You've been best friends for years now, and everyone thought that you two would end up with each other eventually. But no, you never did as neither one of you liked the other in a romantic way, neither of you could see that happening ever. Besides, Calum didn't really like relationships and said that he hated the idea of "being tied down" while you had a crush on someone you could never call yours. "I heard something interesting today," Calum giggled, and you chewed down on your bottom lip. Calum was actually in the popular circle, he hears everything because he's friends with and sits with the other populars of the school, and they all hear all kinds of stuff. Calum would only tell you about what he hears if it's really interesting, or it concerns you, or both. "I heard that Michael likes someone," He began, and your eyes widened, along with your jaw dropping. You've had the biggest crush on Michael Clifford since year six, ever since Calum introduced you two to one another. Calum has been best friends with Michael for the past ten years, and he tells you everything there is to know about Michael. "Who?" You asked, curiosity bubbling up inside of you. You wanted to know who she was, and you wanted to know now. Calum shot you a look, his brown eyes boring into yours as he uttered one word that made you squeal. "You."

Calum: "No," You let out a sigh, shaking your head as you bit into your burger. You glanced at the two arguing boys, as they have been going at it for about ten minutes now and you still don't understand why they're arguing or what they're arguing about. But all you know is that Ashton really wants Calum to either do or say something for him, but Calum wasn't having any of that for some reason. You usually sat with the four idiots during lunch, but Luke was trying to finish his essay which is due later in the afternoon and Michael is god knows where. You weren't really good at breaking up fights and arguments, and you've literally been sitting here for ten minutes, watching them bicker in silence, eating your lunch as you did. Chewing thoughtfully, your eyes fluttered as you set your attention on the tanned boy sitting right across you. He had his eyebrows furrowed, and his lips were pursed into a thin line which formed an 'o' shape every time he repeated the word 'no', which he has been repeating for the past ten minutes. Then you shift your attention to the frowning blonde boy, who has been trying everything to get Calum to say "Yes," for whatever reason. He seemed really persistent with whatever he wants Calum to agree to, and Ashton only does this whenever he feels like he's really gonna benefit someone he cares about when he gets all persistent with anything. You wished that either of them would shut up, it was getting annoying and you just wanted to eat your lunch in peace. "For the last time, I said no, Ashton!" Calum boomed, annoyance clearly etched across his features. He glared at the older boy hard, and Ashton glared right back at him, returning Calum's annoyed gaze with an angry look. This was bad, Ashton looked genuinely mad and this rarely ever happened. "You forced my hand, Cal," Ashton turned to you, an evil smile on his face as he spoke the words that you'd never thought you'd hear from him. "Y/N, Calum likes you."

Luke: "How was your date with Luke?" Michael asked, poking your flushed cheek with his chubby little finger. You went on a date with Michael's friend, Luke, who took you out for some pizza last night. Luke was what one would consider a complete heartthrob in your school, he was pretty much everything a girl is after. He's got pretty great genes, and he's insanely attractive with bright blue eyes that were as clear as the sky and blonde hair styled into a quiff, if not hidden by his beanie or snapback. He likes wearing black, and his music taste was pretty much amazing. He even promised to make you a playlist soon, and you can't wait to listen to the playlist as you really did like Luke's music taste. Everything about him was just amazing and you considered yourself lucky to have gone on a date with him. But there was something you weren't sure of, as he didn't really show that much interest last night. At least you thought so, or maybe that was just you being insecure because you're just you and he's Luke Hemmings. You don't even understand what his intentions were last night, you've never really spoken with him even though you're related to his best friend. You didn't even think he knew your name until a few days ago when he asked you out. "It was good," You lied, biting your tongue as you gazed into your brother's jade green eyes. Michael didn't believe you, judging from the knowing look and the smirk on his face. He ran his fingers through his hair, licking his lips as he did so, "Don't lie, I know you really like hanging out with Luke." That was probably the thing you hated about having Michael as your brother, he could easily see right through you and there was no doubt he'd tell Luke. "Fine," You pouted, tucking loose strands of hair behind your ear. "But I don't know, I could have blown it last night and he might not want to go out with me again." You admit that you get insecure, but you were certain that Luke didn't like you as much as he thought he would. He hasn't even called, like he promised he would wen he dropped you off last night. "Oh my god, you insecure little fuck. Luke has a huge crush on you, and he can't stop talking about you," he groaned, messing up your hair. You would usually flip him off if he did this, but you were too surprised at what he said before. "Wait, he talks about me to you guys?" You questioned, eyes wide as Michael let out an exasperated sigh. "Yes, he's liked you for a month now and he just grew some balls a few days ago." You were practically in cloud nine right now, you almost couldn't believe what was happening and if this really was real. You yelped as you pinched yourself, slapping your cheeks a few times to see that it was indeed reality. "Stop being so overdramatic and just call him already, he's probably thinking the same thing you were," Michael shook his head, and you giggled, running off to call the guy you have a huge crush on.