#123: The aftermath (part 2 of #122)

so i would like to invite u all to check out my michael fanfic bc its awesome (least i think so !!)

Ashton: "You look like you haven't slept in days," Your best friend, the guy who Ashton thought you were cheating with, pointed out and you rolled your eyes. "That's because I haven't, genius," You scoffed, flicking some of your hair away from your face. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and he scooted closer to you. You were sitting in a cafe near your house, you usually hung out here and it wasn't a secret that you loved this place. Ashton used to take you here all the time- you should really stop thinking about him. He doesn't know that you two broke up, which is odd because the news spread like wildfire. But then again, you were sure that he has been preoccupied with his boyfriend these past few days. It's only been about five days since Ashton broke up with you, and you haven't been able to sleep a wink since then. You still loved Ashton, and you did want him back, but you didn't know if he was willing to give your relationship another chance. He did say that he loved you too much, and you knew that this was all a huge misunderstanding but you didn't know if he still wanted you back. You've seen the photos of him with a brunette, and they looked more than just friends. He could have already moved on from you, and you didn't want to embarrass yourself by appearing in front of him, begging him to take you back. She was far better than you, she was prettier and she was confident about her body, which you weren't. She was a much better match for him than you, anyways. "Well, are you gonna tell me why you haven't been sleeping?" He asked, placing a hand on your shoulder. Heaving out a heavy sigh, you began to tell him what happened with you and Ashton a few days ago, and then proceeded to tell him all about his replacement for you, and how you feel about the entire thing. He just listened intently, nodding every now and then, asking a few questions to understand the situations better. Finally, after you've finished, he just shook his head at you disapprovingly, "You're making this difficult when it doesn't need to be." You knew that he was exactly right, but you couldn't help but make it so. You were too insecure about yourself and you thought that Ashton deserved better than you, he deserves that beautiful brunette instead. "He already told you that he never stopped loving you. Just because you two broke up doesn't mean he doesn't anymore, and he hasn't moved on because for god's sake, Y/N, no one moves on that quickly." He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "He's right," You gasped when someone grabbed your wrist, pulling you towards them quickly. You were met with bloodshot hazel eyes, which only belonged to one person you were too familiar with. "I haven't stopped thinking about you," You breathed out, peering into those eyes that seemed to melt at your confession. "Well, you're not the only one." He smiled, leaning in so your foreheads touched. "I found out that it was all a misunderstanding the other day, but I was scared to talk to you. You might have been mad," He said, causing you to giggle. "No matter what happens, I can't stay mad at you for a long time," You pecked his lips, making him giggle this time. "So, is there a chance you'll take me back?" You chuckled, pressing your lips onto his instead of just a quick peck. "Does that answer your question?"

Michael: One month, three weeks, six days. It's been that long since that day you broke up with your boyfriend, the day you finally broke because of all the negativity everyone has been sending your way. You may have left him but you never stopped loving nor caring about Michael. You've seen how dead his eyes looked during interviews and gigs, he's always tried his hardest not to show the emptiness but you knew Michael too well and could see right through him. It killed you seeing Michael so unhappy, but you knew that it was for the best. For both of you. The fans found out about the breakup almost immediately, most of them rejoiced as Michael was back on the market but there were also some who were genuinely upset because they actually liked you. But then, when they realized that Michael was upset and heartbroken over the breakup, they felt guilty and tweeted you about getting back together with him. You always told them the same thing - you didn't know if you would ever get back together with Michael but you knew that you wanted to. Michael was your first love, and you couldn't really get over someone you truly loved for the first time in your life. You admit that you missed Michael so much, and every day spent without him killed you slowly. You wanted to see him, tell him how much you missed him and how much you wished that everything was different. Because although you've broken up with him, there was still those select few who send hate and indirect you through harsh tweets but to be perfectly honest, you didn't even care anymore. You learned to ignore all their bullshit because they didn't even know you, and they were only jealous because you had Michael's heart and they didn't. You learned that not having Michael beside you was worse than hearing those same words from people who liked his band. You would have done everything to make things right and maybe even try once again, but you didn't know how to approach Michael on this one. You couldn't just say, "Hey Michael, I know it's been almost two months but I miss you and I realize that I want you back and that not having you around is worse than all of the hate I received altogether. Can you please give us another chance?" Taking a deep breath, you grabbed your cellphone and started typing out a text message to be sent to Michael. "I miss you so much, I need you here with me again." It didn't take him that long to reply, and you smiled so big at the reply that it felt like your cheeks were gonna fall off. "Is this another way of saying we should get back together because I really can't take another day without you" You squealed, burying your face into your pillow as you sent out another reply. "It does. I take it that we're back together again?" "Blink for yes, princess."

Calum: "Maybe we're just better off friends," Calum remarked, taking a sip out of his Red Bull. It's been about ten months since you two broke up for good, and you were hanging out with him in your living room. Calum just came back from London recently, and he quickly made a beeline to your place. You agreed with him, keeping your eyes on the TV situated in front of you. "I know we are better off as friends," You nudged him, flashing a smile at the tanned boy seated beside you on the couch. You remembered leaving him a note saying you were tired of all the bullshit in the relationship, and decided to end things with him. But a few hours after you left, he came barging in your house with tears streaming down his face and begged you to take him back. He claimed that he loved you, and that was enough for you to take him back. The cycle went on and on and on, until both of you finally cracked and called it quits for the very last time. You two agreed that it was time to move on, because their relationship was barely even working and all they did was destroy one another and then fix themselves back up, but end up repeating that tiring cycle that never seemed to end. Once you ended things with him, you felt as if you could breathe for the first time and Calum revealed that he felt the exact same way. There were absolutely no hard feelings about the breakup and you still remained good friends with Calum after that. Calum still cared about you a lot, and vice versa, but there just wasn't anything left to save in your relationship so why even bother anymore? You still did love Calum but not in the way you used to, he was like a brother to you now and besides, Calum already moved on and found himself a few girls to keep him busy these past few months. But none of them were serious though, he said that he wasn't ready for another serious relationship because he feels like he wouldn't be able to give his girl his all because he was constantly away. "I'm sorry for being such a shit boyfriend," He said, glancing at you from the corner of his eye. "And I'm sorry for being such a shit girlfriend," You huffed, as Calum wasn't the only one at fault that time. Calum gave you a closed mouth smile, leaning in to press his lips onto your temple. "I may have been a really shit boyfriend but I promise that I will be an amazing best friend that you can always count on," he said, causing you to feel happiness build up inside. "Thank you, Calum. You're the best."

Luke: "I heard 5SOS are back home," Your best friend spoke up, which caused you to look up from the book you were currently reading, which was Paper Towns by John Green. You've heard from one of your friends earlier that they caused quite a scene in the airport, it was on the news and the amount of teenage girls crying and shouting was insane. You nodded, "I know that. I don't live under a rock, and besides, I don't really understand why you're telling me about this." You cast your gaze back onto your book, a long sigh escaping your best friend's lips as she plopped down onto the floor. "Don't act all dumb, you know that I'm only telling you this because of Luke." Your breath hitched in your throat upon hearing that name, that one name you haven't heard in a few months. Luke hasn't even tried contacting you after he broke up with you through a phone call, it made forgetting all about him that much easier though so you didn't really mind. You've tried your best not to pay attention to all of the gossip reharding Luke, but that was almost impossible considering his band was one of the most popular ones these days and they were pretty much everywhere. Luke revealed that he doesn't have anyone special in particular these days, he was still trying to find the perfect girl and he tries to avoid the topic of his recent breakup. Forgetting all about Luke was pretty hard at first, but then you distracted yourself with new books and new music from your favorite bands and artists, and you found yourself moving on even quicker than you expected. "Well, what about Luke?" You asked, placing your book down on your lap. "Aren't you gonna go talk to him? I mean, you still need some closure after what happened," She mumbled the last part, shoving a mouthful of popcorn into her mouth as soon as she said that. You chewed on your bottom lip, as she was right and you needed some closure with Luke. Luke was only back for a limited time and you had to get some closure with him before he leaves again, so you decided to just get it over with. "Fine," You ran your fingers through your hair, placing your book onto the couch as you got up and started walking to the front door. Luke's house was right around the corner, so you could have visited him any time you liked but you preferred not to. You exited the house, tying your hair into a loose bun as the summer heat started to take it's toll on you. You took one huge breath before you made your way over to the Hemmings' house, knocked on their door and waited for an answer. A second later, the door swung open and revealed a familiar blonde rocking a grey beanie on top of his head. His blue eyes lit up when he saw you, and his lips curled into a huge smile as he greeted you, "Hi." Smiling back at him, you tucked a few loose strands of hair behind your ear shyly, as this was the first interaction you've had with him personally since you two broke up. It would be awkward at first but you were confident that this awkwardness would soon fade away and you would have the much needed closure with Luke soon enough. "Can I talk to you?"