#28: I've Got This Friend - 5SOS (His POV)

Ashton: "Can I have a minute? I've gotta tell you something. I heard that someone likes you, and I know nothing but he's right in front of you"

Wasn't this cliche? The boy was in love with the girl, but the boy is too much of a chicken to tell her how she felt. Why? They were best friends. Of course, he didn't want to ruin their friendship, but you might not know, they might end up together. There's only about one percent of that happening, since she sees every other boy in the world except me. We've been best friends for years, and she's never seen me as anything more than just a brother. I wanted to tell her how I felt about her, but I just couldn't, I was too scared. I was scared how she would react. I don't know if she feels something for me, and I don't want her to find out about my feelings for her. She might leave me if I do, and I never want to lose her. I can't be without her, I just couldn't. But I need to tell her how I feel soon, because never would be too late. "That looks pretty good," she says, scrolling through this pictures on her instagram. I took a place next to her and took a deep breath, watching her profile closely. She looked so gorgeous upclose, I don't even know why she doesn't see what I see. Yeah, she's flawed, but I don't give a fuck. She's perfect to me, and I love each and every one of her flaws. She glanced up at me when she noticed me looking and asked, "What?" I withdrew my gaze from her and shook my head, "U-um, did you know someone likes you?" I started, trying to find a way to tell her how much I love her. She quickly looks up from her phone and looks at me with a shocked and embarrassed look on her face. She tucked a loose strand of her behind her ear with a shy smile, "R-really? Who?" I bit my lip, and took a deep breath. Now or never, I thought. "I know nothing, but I know he's right in front of you," her eyes widened, and she looked down, then mumbled something under her breath. I didn't catch what she said, so I wanted to ask her to repeat it, but instead, she stood up and ran out the room. A tear rolled down my cheek as soon as she ran, and I put my head in my hands, letting the tears wash away the pain in my chest. It was then that I realized that I had just made the biggest mistake of my life.

Michael: "He's got nice eyes, don't look back cuz' he's looking. I think you know him, but you just don't know that he's right in front of you"

"I heard someone likes you," I began, and she almost spit out her coffee. She coughs, and tried to regain her composure, while I chuckled under my breath. "Fucking hell, Mike, don't say things like that out of the blue, you scared me!" She said, taking another sip of her coffee. I looked up at her with a quirked eyebrow, saying, "I'm serious, I heard someone really likes you." Her lips curled into a huge smile, and she looked like she had just won a lottery. Yeah, it was true that someone really likes her. In fact, he even loves her so much that he'd be willing to do anything just to be with her. What she doesn't know though, is that boy is the same boy who's just right in front of her. Yes, the boy I mean was me all along. But I can't just tell her that, you know how it might go. There are only two outcomes if I ever tell her - she might love me back, or she might not. There's a fifty-fifty chance of her feeling the same way, but at the same time, there's a fifty-fifty chance of her feeling the same way about me. But I don't want to tell her that yet, I'm not ready, plus I don't want her to feel awkward just because she knows I'm in love with her. "Oh yeah? Who?" she was grinning by now and she looked extremely happy knowing that someone likes her. If you actually looked closely too, you could see a light pink blush on her cheeks and I smiled at how adorable she looked. "I think you know him, he's got nice eyes." I smirked and she tried to look back, but I said, "No, don't look back! He's looking!" in a hushed whisper. She immediately turned back to me and she flushed, so she put her hands on her cheeks. "I-is he from any of my classes?" she asked, peering into my eyes. Yes, I'm in each and every one of your classes. We've been together since year seven, and I know you like the back of my hand. I'm in love with you and all your little things, don't kill me for making a 1D reference in this because I wanted to, and I love you so fucking much, why can't you even see that I'm right in front of you? Deep breath. "I think so?" I pretended to scratch the back of my head and she blushed even harder. If only she knew that the person I'm taking about is the exact same person who told her about this /boy/. This boy is just right in front of her, and she doesn't even know.