#140: You secretly like him (part three)

ahh the long waited update!!!!1 seriously, i need to get back into writing. i'm thinking of another pref as i write this so u guys won't hate me too much :-)

ALSO??? FLY AWYA???????

Ashton: "You know, I can't help but wonder - how did you even know my name when we never talked before?" The curly haired boy looked up from his food at your question. Ashton gazed at you from behind his unruly blonde locks, those light hazel eyes boring into your own. "Why wouldn't I know your name?" He asked, taking a bite out of his slice of pepperoni pizza. You rubbed your hand onto your face with a groan, "You know, answering a question with another question is rude." You heard Ashton swallow his food, and he shot you a sheepish smile, "Sorry." He scratched the back of his head, eyebrows furrowed as he gazed at you with a small frown. "I just meant that... why wouldn't I know your name? I've had at least three classes with you ever since grade nine," You thought you felt your heartbeat skip upon hearing his response, the heat rising to your cheeks as you struggled to contain the happiness bubbling inside of you. You took a deep breath to try and calm your racing heart, and tried to search your mind for a reply but all that came out was, "Oh." You wanted to kick yourself for not thinking of something better to say, but Ashton just shot you one of his dimpled smiles that managed to stop you from worrying about it. Ashton glanced down at his watch, his eyes widening, "Ah, shit. I really need to go, I still have to pick up Bryana for our date tonight." You swore that you could feel your racing heart shatter into a million tiny pieces, and you swallowed the lump that formed in your throat. He trained his gaze onto you, and said a quiet goodbye as he picked up his stuff and proceeded to walk away. Once you were sure he was out of your sight, you choked out a sob and felt something wet run down your cheek. Despite having feelings for this boy for such a long time, you were alright with watching in the sidelines, as he fell in and out of love with several girls over the past three years. You were so familiar with the dull ache in your chest that you began to think it was your closest friend. Letting out a frustrated sigh, you wiped the tears away and huffed, "I really need to accept that we could never be... no matter how much I want us to be."

Michael: "Michael," You stated, raising an eyebrow at the green eyed boy with the mischievous smile. "Y/N," He answered, mimicked your tone and raised his eyebrow as well. You bit back the urge to burst out laughing, because you knew once you broke your facade, Michael would have already won. "Give it back," You didn't dare tear your gaze away from those jade green eyes you fell in love with since the very beginning. "What if I don't want to? What would you do then?" His plump pink lips twitched into a knowing smirk, and it was then that you knew that Michael sensed that you were so close to breaking. Your bottom lip quivered, and at last, a laugh escaped your lips. "I knew you couldn't stay mad at me for long," Michael smiled, handing you back the phone he stole from you a few moments ago. Michael was a bit pouty because you weren't paying attention to him, so he stole your phone and wouldn't give it back, no matter how much you apologize. You tried to act all mad, but you could never resist that boy. You unlocked your phone and continued to look through the old photos in your camera roll, until one particular photo caught your eye. You could feel the heat rise in your chest, your heart swelling at the memory as you leaned into Michael's chest. "Look at this," You showed your boyfriend the photo, and you felt his breath hitch at the sight of it. "It's our first photo together," He breathed out, a ghost of a smile present on his face. The photo was of the two of you, taken on your very first date at the bowling alley. Michael had his eyes closed, an adorable smile on his pale face as you pressed your lips gently on the side of his face. You could remember how much you were trembling that time, so Michael was the one who took the picture instead. "I think it's kinda crazy how we started dating because of Luke," Michael chuckled, closing his eyes as if he was trying to play the entire memory inside his head. "I think it's kinda crazy that you actually asked me out after Luke texted you to do so," You hit him on the chest, and his eyes flew open. He peered down at you, his eyes shining as he looked at you with such a loving look in his eyes. "Luke didn't text me to ask you out though," He admitted, his lips finding a place on the tip of your nose. You could feel the butterflies run crazy in your stomach as you anticipated his next words, "He told me that it was time to man up and ask you out, so I just said 'Fuck it,' and did it. And I don't regret that one bit."

Calum: "Calum, what are we?" The question that you've wanted to ask for so long slipped off your tongue, and you were hoping that he would know the answer to this question. For the past week, Calum has been coming over after school to work on your project, but as soon as you get work done, he would steal a kiss and it would all go downhill from there. It wasn't that you didn't like it - you absolutely loved it, but you wouldn't ever admit that. You were worried because you were practically friends with benefits, minus the fucking part, and you didn't want to be just someone he makes out with almost everyday. You wanted to be something more, something much more meaningful than just that title. Calum's dark eyebrows met as his chocolate colored eyes fixed themselves onto your face, "Erm... People?" He seemed slightly confused at your question, and you just rolled your eyes, trying to think of a much simpler way to convey your thoughts. "I meant, what am I to you? Am I just someone you want for a good time?" You bit down on your bottom lip, awaiting the nineteen year old's response anxiously. "You know that isn't true," He began, but you quickly cut him off. "No, I don't know, Calum! We've been doing this for a week, but you've never once told me if you felt something for me. I don't want to keep going like this if you aren't even interested in dating me, it'll only get my hopes up. So please, just be honest and tell me how you feel about me." You didn't tear your gaze away from the surprised boy, whose jaw clenched as his eyes didn't leave yours. "I can't believe you didn't notice," He murmured, his eyes reflecting an emotion you didn't quite expect - sadness. "I remember the very first time I laid my eyes on you, I didn't believe you could fall in love with someone at first glance, but I did the moment I looked into your eyes." The memory of Calum complimenting your eyes with a huge smile resurfaced, and you could feel your chest tightening. Calum gently cupped your cheek, resting his forehead against yours, "I'm sorry if I haven't really officially asked you out, I was just getting caught up in the moment of having you." His eyes crinkled as he gave you the biggest smile he could muster, "So would you let me date you properly this time?"

Luke: You could feel your palms begin to sweat, a clear sign of how nervous you are at this very moment. You inhaled a deep breath, wiping your palms on your jeans to rid yourself of the cold and sticky feeling despite knowing your palms will sweat even more when he comes out. You found yourself running your fingers through your hair, fixing it every now and then so you didn't look that terrible when he sees you. Anxiously awaiting the moment he walks through this door, you tried to keep yourself calm s this was basically the calm before the storm. Who knows how much of a shitstorm it will be as soon as they make their way out these doors. Finally, after a few more minutes of waiting, you heard the sound of footsteps and the familiar voices of four boys you've been waiting so long to meet. "-the last one was the best," said the first boy, who happened to be Calum. Calum let out a laugh and turned, his eyes widening as he caught sight of you standing right outside the back exit of the arena. "Hello there," He greeted, slightly waving as he stepped towards you. "Hi," You grinned, peering behind Calum to see a familiar pale boy. "You kinda look familiar," Michael remarked, narrowing his eyes at you. The third one to exit was the eldest boy, and upon hearing Michael, he examined you with a smile, "Hm, I think I've seen her before. But then again, maybe she just looks like someone we've met before."  Finally, the last boy to make his exit was the one you've been longing to see for such a long time. The blonde haired boy smiled as he laid his ocean coloured eyes at you, nudging the pale boy as he walked towards you. "You're Y/N, right? You used to be in my music class back when we were in high school," The way your name rolled off his tongue sounded so right, and you found yourself smiling from ear to ear. "Yeah, that's me. You wouldn't believe how shocked I was when I heard that the guy from my music class became a worldwide sensation." I actually could, I knew he would make it. "And we can't believe we met you here of all places, Luke always used to tell us about this girl from his music class that he really, really liked and- oof," Calum was cut off by a sharp nudge to his gut from a pouting Luke, who just turned to you and smiled apologetically. Hearing his bandmates tease him made the blood rush to your cheeks, feeling all warm inside because Luke actually noticed you all those years ago in music class. Ashton giggled, shoving Luke lightly so he was just right in front of you. "Come on, say hi to your ninth grade crush, Luke!" The flushing of the said boy's cheeks didn't come unnoticed, and you knew that the redness of your own cheeks matched his. "I guess the feeling's mutual back in the ninth grade, Luke." You found yourself saying, and Luke's lips curled upwards. "What about now?" With a giggle, you tiptoed so you could press a kiss onto the boy's nose. "I still feel the same way I did before."