#79: You're childhood friends who reunite (part two)

yay part two, im thinking part 3 for a happy ending! Xx

and check out the rad new cover my max aka mukenope from tumblr ayy i love her to bits

Ashton: It's been almost three weeks since Ashton came into your life, and you've been doing nothing but teach him how to work around the diner. You've taught him where everything is, where everything goes, the functions of each machine, the orders and the inventories. He's gotten the hang of it so far, and he's doing great at his job. He was actually even better than you were, and he actually wasn't lazy at all, he was also willing to cover for you most of the time which you were thankful for. And ever since he started working here, the number of customers you get each day increased dramatically, and guess what? Most of them are giggly teenage girls who usually eye him whenever they come here to eat. You wouldn't blame them for wanting to come here just to look at eye candy, Ashton's probably one of the cutest boys you've seen in this town too, and everyone knows how there's a lack of cute boys around. You didn't think Ashton knew that all of these girls only come for him, he was so innocent and so naive about things, he was also just a genuinely happy person. You two have become close in the past three weeks, and he usually clings to you like a koala, it was cute. "Ashton, Y/N, come here for a second," You heard one of your co-workers call the both of you, and you skipped over to her with a smile. "What's up?" You asked, looking up at Ashton who shrugged as well. "I want you two to check the inventory in the supply room, it's been a week since our last count and it's your turn. The lady boss also wants you to teach the new guy how to do it," She says, gesturing to Ashton. You nodded, grabbing Ashton's wrist and headed to the supply room, where all the inventory is. You carefully entered the supply room, switching the light on so that you're able to see all the inventory for the week. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows at you, hands planted on his hips, "So basically we just have to make a list of everything in here?" You nodded, and the two of you proceeded to list down the inventory inside of the supply room. "We have three of these," Ashton pointed to the box of cupcakes the boss bought a few days ago, and you listed them down. But as you were, you heard the sound of locking from the outside. You gasped, realizing that it must have been someone who didn't know that you were counting the inventory and you groaned, turning to Ashton. "Looks like we're gonna be here a while," You sighed, plopping down onto the floor with a pout. You had no way out because you can only lock this room from the outside, and you also remembered your lady boss mentioning that the walls here were soundproof as well. Why would you even make the storage room a soundproof room anyway? "I don't really mind," Ashton replies with a smile, sliding down next to you. "Especially if it means that I get to spend some alone time with you." Looking up at him with a smile, you tucked loose strands of hair behind your ear shyly, "Wait, you wanted to spend some alone time with me?" He nodded, letting out a puff of hair as his cheeks flushed, "I've always wanted to-to ask you out but I just couldn't," he shrugged. You didn't know that Ashton was interested in you, he definitely did great at hiding it and you giggled, biting down on your bottom lip. "Why do you like me?" He furrowed his eyebrows, running his fingers through those dark blonde locks with a smile. "Because you're the reason why I came back to this town, and you're my first love." 

Michael: "No, you totally cheated!" You laughed, shoving Michael as you kept your eyes glued to the TV screen. You were over at Michael's house again, and you two were playing Call of Duty as you always were. Michael moved back into the house next door about a month ago and you've been playing together at each other's houses almost every single day. It was like nothing's changed between the two of you since he left when you were children. You've been together for so long, if you aren't playing video games, you two are watching movies and hanging out, just talking about what each other missed in the past ten years. You also learned that he's starting a band with his best friend Calum, and he showed you a video of a boy named Luke singing Please Don't Go by Mike Posner, and you had to admit he was good. Michael told you that he was gonna ask that guy to join his band with Calum, and now they're trying to think of good band names. "I did not," He protested, smirking as he continued to shoot at the foes. "Yes, you shot me on purpose you dick!" You paused the game and turned to the dark haired boy who was smirking at you. You tried your best to ignore the louding beating of your heart against your ribcage, and hoped that your cheeks wouldn't blush as you stared back at him. Even though it's been years, you still felt something for this boy like you were children again - he could make your stomach flutter with the slightest touch, his voice was the best sound you have heard ever and his smile would send your heart racing, just like it is now. Years ago, it was only just a crush because Michael was the only boy who became your friend, and you liked how he would protect you from all those bullies back then who stole your food. But now, after spending time with him for a month and getting to know him, you realized that there was so much things about Michael that you grew to love. This feels so much more than just a crush, it was more and you were frightened by that. You didn't want to fall in love with him, but it was too late and you realized you already had the moment you saw him again for the first time. You couldn't fall deeper, you had to get out because there was no way he was going to like you, Michael's introduced you to a few of his friends before and there were a few girls, and they were all attractive. And you know that you didn't have a chance because they were better, you needed to stop before this all gets too out of hand. "What proof do you have that I did cheat?" He asked, sitting up while you glared at him, pushing your feelings aside. "Do I even need proof? I saw you shoot at me," You folded your arms across your chest and narrowed your eyes at him, as he began to crawl towards you until he was right in front of you. You peered into those gorgeous emerald colored eyes that seemed to pierce through your soul and you glanced down at those beautifully plump lips of his. "Why did you kill me?" You breathed out, feeling your breathing hitch as he inched closer to you. "If I can't have you, no one can." He chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled away slowly. You felt slightly disappointed as you thought he wanted to kiss you, and you could feel the tears building up due to disappointment.  "I-I need to go, I'm sorry." was all you said before you ran out his door, and at the same time, his life. You didn't need to fall harder for the boy next door when you had no chance, because he would never like someone as plain as you. You had to stop your heart from longing for him because he would never long for you, like you did with him.