#58: He cheats/You cheat (part two)

Ashton: It's been exactly a week ever since Ashton walked out of that door, and out of my life at the same time. You felt like a fucking hypocrite - you were the one bitching about him not being faithful to you, when you were the one who actually kissed your best friend. You felt even shittier than you did when he walked out of that door - it actually felt as if everything was crumbling down and crashing down on you. You felt as if your heart was being stabbed a million times and the one who was holding the knife was you - you were inflicting the pain upon yourself. You breathed out an exhale as you wiped the tear that escaped your eye as you stared up at the ceiling of your room. You could still remember the feel of Calum's lips against your own, but Ashton's look of sadness and betrayal was engraved in your brain permanently. Everytime you closed your eyes, you could only see his sorrowful expression and it killed you to see him so betrayed. You rolled over, grunting as you laid on your stomach, staring at the picture of Ashton giving the camera a toothy smile, chocolate still stuck in between his teeth. His deep dimples popped out and he was giving the camera a thumbs up, his curly hair sticking to his forehead due to the sweat. He looked so happy in this photo, and that image of that last night replaying in your head, shattering your happy memory. "Y/N..." you heard Calum's voice from behind you and you sat up with a start, looking at him with sorrowful eyes. "Calum," you mimicked his tone and watched cautiously as he took a few steps towards you. You haven't really talked to either boy since that day, mainly because you wanted some distance between them and some time to think. But the only thing you've done all week is cry, reminisce and regret. "I told Ashton about what happened and I apologized for it," he said quietly, taking a seat on your bed as you fiddled with your thumbs. "Does it even matter anyways, Cal? I just know that he won't take me back. I fucking kissed you when I was in love with him, and that's wrong, I wouldn't even forgive myself," You replied, shaking your head with a frown. "I'm such a hypocrite, I don't even know if I even deserve someone as wonderful as Ashton. I'm so fucked up," you added, your hands finding your hair and you began to tug on them. "But what if he gives you a second chance?" His question caught you off-guard and you looked up to see him gazing at you, eyebrows scrunched together as he caught his bottom lip in between his teeth. You looked down and tucked a loose strand of your hair behind your ear, "If he does, I'll probably just cry in front of him. I know I don't deserve him at all - he's lovely, he's just so precious and I don't want to hurt him because he's everything to me. But seriously, if he does, I'll thank him a million times over and make sure I won't repeat the same mistakes." You shrugged, fixing your gaze down onto the floor, "But he probably wouldn't give me another chance. I-" "What if I say I would give you another chance?" Ashton's voice asked, and Ashton appeared once he entered the room. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw him once more - his eyes were bloodshot and you saw dark bags under his eyes, indicating his lack of sleep. He looked terrible, but still managed to look so attractive in your point of view. You took a step towards him, your lips curling upwards slightly, "I would make you fall in love with me all over again and win back your trust," This time it was his turn to smile, and he pulled you by your arm, making you stumble but he caught you before you fell. "You don't have to make me fall for you all over again, because I never stopped," he replied, pressing a firm kiss on your forehead, making those butterflies in your stomach flutter as you did, making you smile. You're finally back together with the most important person of your life, and you were determined not to lose him anymore.

Michael: Your cellphone lit up for the fifth time this morning and you just stared at it, squinting when you read the caller ID. You didn't need to actually read it to know that it was your boyfriend, Michael, calling. It's been three days since that day he admitted to getting drunk and kissing a few girls at that bar. And ever since that night, you have been ignoring him and all his efforts to contact you. You didn't want to listen to him, but a part of you feels like you should. Getting drunk simply was not an excuse to cheat on yoru significant other - no matter how wasted you are, it's still unacceptable. But you missed him dearly though - you missed his emerald green eyes which would light up whenever he would see you smile. You missed his laugh, the one that would make the butterflies in your stomach go crazy. You missed running your hand through his hair, because he'd smile whenever you did. You missed his smile that could light up the entire neighborhood. You missed his touch, that touch that would send shivers up your spine. You missed him - the person who could make your heart race effortlessly. You didn't know whether you should end things with him or not, because although he did you wrong, you still loved with all your heart. You didn't want to end things yet, because you were still very much in love with him though. You felt confused, and felt like you needed someone to talk to about this, and so you decided to call up the only person you could trust - Ashton. You called him up and he picked up on the fourth ring. You breathed out a relieved sigh when you heard Ashton's voice on the other line, "Hello? Y/N, is something wrong?" his voice full of concern. You shook your head and swallowed the lump in your throat, "Nothing's wrong, Ash. I just called to talk to you about..." you trailed off, frowning as you thought of him again. Ashton figured out what you wanted to talk about though, and you heard his voice on the other line again. "Oh, I see. Please do," He replied, and you took this as your cue to begin talking. You enlightened him to absolutely everything that's happened between the two of you that night, and he just stayed silent, listening to you talk. You finished about a few minutes later with a sigh, asking him for his opinion on the matter. "I don't think breaking up with him is right though, even if he did cheat," he finally said. You straightened up in your seat and your eyebrows knitted together. "But he cheated," you pointed out, making him laugh on the other line. You heard some shifting from Ashton's line before he replied, "Yes, he cheated but did you forget that he actually told you the truth?" You tried to take in Ash's words but you just couldn't understand what he was trying to say. "I don't get it," you simply said, making him sigh. "I meant that it takes so much balls to tell your girlfriend you cheated, Y/N. He knew well that if he told you, there was a huge chance that you'd leave him. But yet, because he loves you and wants no secrets between you, he still decided to tell you, even if he did lose you in the process," he explained, making everything connect together in your head, making you realize that it took so much to actually admit that you cheated. He knew the consequence of admitting that to you, but he still did it - proving just how much he loves you. "Thank you Ash, really, thanks so much," you thanked Ashton and hung up on him immediately. You then dialed up his number, and he picked up on the first ring. "Hello?" he answered, his voice breaking as he did. You missed him, everything about him. You smiled, taking a deep breath as you spoke the words, "Hi. Can I please have you back?"