#112: His band isn't famous [AU]

congrats to 5sos for the win at the vmas !!

Ashton: "Hey, I wanna hear you guys play sometime," You tell your best friend, who was the drummer of a band with a few younger dudes from another school. Your blonde friend chuckled, flipping his fringe out of the way and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, "Maybe some day, but we're pretty much shit right now and we're trying to figure out how to do this band thing." Ashton Irwin was your best friend, you two were practically inseperable and have been together for at least six years now, he was your confidante as well as the closest thing you had to a sibling. You know about his love for music, and his talent for singing, guitar and drums as he had a passion for making music. You've been supporting him, as he made his own covers on YouTube and gained some popularity from it. You didn't expect him to join a group and make a band, you thought he wanted to go solo but knowing him, he didn't really care because he still got to make music that way too. He's been away most of the time, practicing with his bandmates (whom you have yet to meet, but heard that they're from the Norwest Christian College and are younger than Ashton, at least. It's been about a month and you still haven't heard them play, it was making you a bit anxious because you really wanted to know how they sounded. "I don't even care if you aren't good, I just wanna hear you guys," You stuck out your bottom lip, hoping that your puppy dog look would somehow convince Ashton to invite you over sometime during one of their band rehearsals. Ashton giggled, poking your side with his free hand which made you squirm. "Trust me, you really don't wanna hear us play," He said, shaking his head. You didn't want to stop trying, you were determined to watch one of their rehearsals and you weren't going to take no for an answer. "But I do," You pushed on, poking him on the side to get back at him for doing it to you earlier. He giggled, and you continued to poke him until he was full-on laughing now. "Y-you're gonna pay for this," he said in between laughs, and he quickly took your wrist, flipping you over so you were now beneath him. He proceeded to tickle you until you were short of breath, laughing as you tried to push the blonde haired boy off of you but to no avail. You took hold of Ashton's wrist and pulled him downwards impulsively, which made him fall forward until your noses were almost touching. He caught himself before his lips could touch your own, and you stopped laughing when you realized what you've done. You could feel his breath fanning on your skin, your eyes meeting as you could feel your heartbeat race at the sudden turn of events. You weren't expecting Ashton to lean in until his lips brushed against yours softly, his hands caressing the side of your face with a gentle smile. "Sorry, can't help it."

Michael: "What rhymes with stilettos?" Luke asked, strumming on his acoustic guitar. "I don't know, servo?" Michael replied with a shrug, taking a huge bite out of his cheeseburger. Michael was trying his hand at songwriting, he was in a band with Calum, Luke and another boy from a different high school. He's been rehearsing with them for months now, and they've been uploading lots of their covers on YouTube. Michael was with Luke today, and they were trying to write a new song to play in their next gig this weekend. They needed all the help they can get, since they were pretty much new with this whole band thing and knew nothing about things like songwriting. You tapped your fingers on the desk rhythmically, trying to keep yourself occupied as the two tried to write a song. Michael called you up earlier today and asked you to hang out with him, but Luke just had to be a fucking cockblock and come over, insisting on writing the song with Michael. You weren't really that disappointed, you were fine with them writing but you were bored, and you didn't know shit about songwriting either so you opted out of helping them write. "What am I supposed to do at a fucking servo?" Luke furrowed his eyebrows, writing down something on the piece of paper. "Eat? Get a job?" Michael rolled his eyes, finishing his cheeseburger with one last bite. Luke pouted, humming the tune of their song and began to sing a line, "Got some food while I'm at a servo... No, that's shit. How about, had a job downtown working the servo? That's good, much better," Luke mumbled to himself, writing down the lyrics onto the piece of paper. You heaved out a sigh, wanting to do somehing productive at least, to entertain yourself. You felt the boy beside you nudge you, which made you look towards him with a questioning look. "Wanna get out of here?" He whispered, wiggling his eyebrows up and down suggestively. You glanced over at the blue eyed boy, who seemed to be busy working on the song. You felt a little bad ditching Luke, but you were utterly bored and Michael seemed to have something up his sleeve. You nodded, watching Michael's pink lips curl into a mischievous smirk. He stood up, stretching as he called his friend's name. "Hey Luke, we're gonna get some more food from Macca's. You can call Calum and Ashton over while we're gone," Michael told Luke, who just chuckled and shook his head. "Sure, whatever. Have fun, don't forget to bring some protection," Luke answered, not bothering to look up from his guitar. Michael hurriedly grabbed your hand, pulling you with him as he rushed outside and into the backseat of his car. He shut the door behind him, smirking as he was currently hovering over you. "Finally, some alone time," You giggled, running your fingers through his dyed dark hair. He dipped his head downwards so his plump lips enveloped yours, making you smile. "Not too long, we're supposed to get some Macca's," You mumbled against his lips, to which he groaned at. "Fine. Ten minutes," he said, placing his hands on your hips as he deepened the kiss.