#8: Wherever You Are - 5SOS

Ashton: "You were crying at the airport when they finally close the plane door, I could barely hold it all inside"

Tears glistened in her beautiful eyes and I couldn't help but die inside. The usual glint in her eyes disappeared and all I could see in them was pure sadness as she looked up at me tearfully. "I don't want y-you to go," she says, trying to wipe the tears away, but more kept replacing those she had wiped off. The way she looked at me broke my heart, and I could feel the tears starting to form in mine as well. I could only just wrap my arms around her as the two of us sob in each other's arms, dreading for the moment we had to pull away. We didn't say anything, we just let the tears and sobs tell each other what we feel inside. I held her tighter when I heard the call for our flight, and Michael had to put a hand on my shoulder saying, "I hate to say this, but we have to go, Ash." I tried to pull away from her, but she just held me tighter, never wanting to let go. "N-no, please, j-just a little while longer," she said to Michael, who shot her a sad look as he nodded. He gestured the other two boys to go on ahead and leave us, and they did. I wrapped my arms around her more, feeling her relax in my arms again. "I love you so much," it was barely a whisper, as I knew my voice would break and so will I. "I love you more Ash," she looks up at me with those beautiful eyes, and I could see the usual twinkle in them again. I kissed her forehead, pouring all the love I have for her into it before pulling away saying, "I'm gonna miss you so much, Y/N," I say, and she began to sob again, burying her head in my chest. I heard the last call for my flight and I knew it was now or never. I had to push her away gently, but she didn't want to let go. "Y/N, Y/N, please," I held her by her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. "I'm gonna go but you'll always be in my mind, in my heart and I love you okay? I'll see you again in a month, I hate to leave you but I-" my voice broke. "I have to for now, bu-but I'll be back," she sniffed, closing her eyes and nodding rapidly. The tears continued to pour, even if her eyes were shut tight. "I love you so much," she says, pulling me in for one last kiss before she finally lets go of me. I gave her one of those smiles and she returned it, as I started to walk towards my three other friends. Before we had to enter the terminal, I shot her one last look before I had to go inside. Once I was inside the plane, I began to let all the emotions inside me out, as I had already reached my breaking point. I was gonna miss her, I hated to say goodbye but we both knew that this is right. This challenge will make our love for each other grow stronger, and that's what matters.

Michael: "Torn in two and I know I shouldn't tell you but I just can't stop thinking of you, wherever you are"

She giggled, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. She looked up at me and bit her lip - it was a habit of hers when she's nervous, and that made a smile creep onto my lips. "I miss you a-already, Mikey," she says, looking at the camera with a shy smile. My smile grew with hers, and I replied, "I miss you more, Y/N." She glanced at her alarm clock and frowned, looking back at the camera with an apologetic smile. "It's two o'clock in the morning, and I have to get up in four hours. I'm sorry, I just-" "It's fine, Y/N, I understand. You need to get some rest," I told her, and she smiled once more. "Okay, Mike. As much as I hate to do this, I really need to go now, I'll call you another time?" She asked, biting her lip once more. I nodded and blew her a kiss, and she returned the gesture. "Good night, Y/N." I wanted to tell her how I felt right now, but I just couldn't. I don't know how, I don't know if she feels the same way. I decided against it, and instead, I gave her a genuine smile, and she smiled back. "Good morning, Mike," she laughed before she turned off the video chat. Timezones sucked ass, we were about fourteen hours away and we almost didn't have time for each other. But that wasn't the thing that frustrated me - I blew another chance to tell Y/N how I really feel about her. I couldn't stop thinking about her, I couldn't stop worrying about her, I couldn't stop missing her, I couldn't stop loving her. She was the only person who was there when I needed someone, and she was the only one who stuck by me when I was at my worst. She was my best friend, and I don't know how she'd feel if she knew I was in love with her. Would she leave me? Would she say she felt the same way? I'm too scared to tell her, but I'm also too scared to lose her to another guy. I'm just so torn right now, I don't even know what I should do. I began to pound my fist on the wall, all the while chanting, "Stupid," everytime I hit the wall. As I was doing stupid stuff again, my phone began to ring. I glanced at the caller ID and see her name flashing on the screen. I immediately grabbed the phone, tapped the answer button and held the phone to my ear, "Hello, Y/N? Is something-" "Oh, sorry. I just forgot something," she mumbles on the other line. She sounded a bit nervous, so I got worried. "What is it?" I could hear her take a deep breath and then I heard the one thing I never thought I'd hear her say. "I love you, Michael. Like, more than just my best friend. I love you so much, fuck, I don't even know how I can survive another month without you. I miss you so much it hurts, you don't know how hard it is to love someone who is so out of reach and I just," she let out a frustrated groan. "I don't know, I just love you Mikey." Her words rang over and over in my head, and I couldn't speak because I was too happy. She actually feels the same way? "M-Mike, please say something," her voice broke and I could tell she was on the verge of tears. "You don't know how long I've wanted to hear you say that, Y/N. I love you too, to the moon and back." I could hear her sniffle on the other line, "Is this really happening? T-this isn't a dream right?" I chuckled, running a hand through my hair. "I think that's my line." She giggled and said, "I guess that's it. I really need to sleep, talk to you tomorrow, Mike. I love you," she says and I say it back to her, with a huge smile on my face.