#94: Safe and Sound - Tonight Alive

so go check out amnesia (luke fanfic) if you haven't, as well as the prologue for my new michael one that's coming soon which is coffee shop soundtrack. oh and once i finish amnesia, i'll continue remembering sunday (calum) so yes please check it out, it would mean a whole lot :-)

Ashton: "And I don't recall breathing steady, ever since you've been in my life. So, let me catch my breath, before you steal it once again."

You watched him intently from a safe distance, watching the way he would twirl his drumstick with his fingers and constantly drumming his fingers on the lunch table he was sitting on. He would look around every now and then, but giggle at whatever his friends are saying occasionally as well. By now, you've already memorized the way he would laugh and the way he would hit his friends playfully when they say something stupid, which might be the reason why he laughed in the first place. You were beyond mesmerized by this boy, ever since he came into your life, he turned your entire life around. There was just something about him that made your breathing hitch every time you would make eye contact, and you've always wanted to get to know him but couldn't bring yourself to. You're in another world, and he's in his own world - your worlds would never collide no matter how much you wanted it to. The school bell rang, making you groan so you scrambled to pick up all of your belongings from your lunch table, sipping the last of your orange juice before throwing it to the trash can behind you. You turned around to head to your class, only to bump into someone's hard chest. Your hand flew to your nose, looking up at whoever you bumped into and apologizing curtly. "Oh, it's fine," You were surprised to see the boy you have been watching since he came to this school three weeks ago. He had a huge smile on his face, patting your shoulder before saying, "Hey, Y/N, do you want to walk to class together? We have the next class together right?" You didn't think that he knew your name for that matter, and that surprised you even more. You nodded, with blazing cheeks as you walked with your crush, Ashton, to your chemistry class. Dammit, you thought, you haven't even caught your breath from watching him before and now he stole it once again.

Michael: "Cause, nothing compares to what we share. I don't have a care in the world. Cause even if it all came crashing down, as long as you're around, I'll be safe and sound."

You shut your laptop closed, overwhelmed by the amount of hate you've been receiving on social media from the so-called fans of your boyfriend's band. You knew that you were going to go through so much when you decided to date Michael, but you didn't really care about what the fans had to say about you and your relationship, as they know nothing. Michael entered the room with a huge smile, which faded when he saw you hugging your legs close to your chest, your arms wrapped around them as you rocked yourself back and forth. He walked over to you with a concerned expressions, tucking a few strands of hair behind your ear as he asked, "What's wrong?" You just shook your head and gestured toward the laptop, and he knew immediately what was wrong. He pulled you into his chest, his arms wrapping around you in a secure embrace. You didn't really mind the hate much anymore, but sometimes, it just gets a little too out of hand that you get overwhelmed. "Honestly, they have no right to judge you, and to say anything about our relationship because this is between us," His voice whispered softly in your ear, and you nodded, wrapping your arms around him now. He was right, they had no right because as you said, they know nothing and they probably think they know what Michael deserves just because they're his fans, but no, they can't have a say in anything. You shook your head, breathing into him slowly as your lips curled into a small smile. "I don't really care about them, because even if the world ends and shit, as long as we're together, I'll be safe and sound, and I'll be okay." It was true, you would be okay with all the shit that gets thrown at you because you loved Michael more than anything. You felt him sigh, placing a firm kiss on the top of your head as you hugged him closer to your body.

Calum: "Cause I've been retracing the steps that we took, remembering the way that you held me as I stood in the rain, and I knew that I would never be the same."

You have been looking through this photo album you two have made since the beginning of your relationship, you and Calum have been best friends for a while before he decided to man up and asked you out. You've always had a crush on him as well, so it didn't take you much to say yes to him, he was pretty attractive as he was sweet. You took a lot of polaroids with Calum, placing them in this little photo album with each memory stuck to a page. Your eyes landed on a photo of the two of you, all damp due to the pouring rain but you still managed to find some shade somewhere nearby and you were thankful that the polaroid camera didn't get wet in your bag. You snapped a picture of the two of you, and you recalled what happened soon after that. He placed a sloppy, wet kiss on your cheek which made you squeal, so he ran out into the pouring rain and you left your bag on the floor under the shade, making it safe before running after your dumbass boyfriend who was shouting and flailing his arms as he ran. You giggled, trying to catch up to him while trying not to slip due to the wet floor because you had your fair share of clumsiness. You finally caught up to him, wrapping your arms around his waist as you rested your head against his back. You felt his hands on your forearms and he pulled your arms off himself, and he turned around to wrap his arms around you instead. He rested his head on top of yours, due to the height difference between you two, so you rested your head against his chest. You didn't know if his heart was racing because of the running, or because of you, because you knew that yours was racing and pounding so hard in your chest because of him. The two of you didn't care if you seemed like idiots, standing out in the rain holding each other like this, because you liked Calum and you knew that everything would change starting today, and you were exactly right.

Luke: "And it's all because of you, and I don't know what to do. I'm falling in, I think I'm falling in love with you."

You were already beyond confused by now, your feelings for this boy grew stronger and stronger every passing day and you didn't even know what you were going to do anymore. He patted your head, waving as he bid you goodbye before running back into his house, which was right across from yours. Luke has been your neighbor for a good six months now, and he goes to the same school as you so you two have gotten to know each other. You were practically inseperable now because you also shared the same interests, he considered you the sister he always wanted but never had and you wanted to consider him the brother you've always wanted too, but your growing feelings for him stopped you from doing so. You sat down on the sidewalk, taking your head in your hands as you breathed out a long sigh. You were falling for the boy more and more, and you didn't know what to do about it. Of course, you wanted to tell him but you were afraid of the consequences of telling him - what if he doesn't feel the same way? There was a chance that he would start avoiding you and you didn't want that. You could always hide it, but that wouldn't be great because that also prevents any possibility of the two of you getting together. You groaned, contemplating on telling him but then he burst out of the front door, walking over to you with a serious expression on his face. You stood up, eyebrows meeting as you asked, "Hey, is something wrong?" He nodded, stopping when he was finally face to face with you, "Yeah, I forgot this." He cupped your cheek and pulled you closer, his soft lips crashing against yours, making the butterflies in your stomach run so wild and your knees grew weak from the sensation of his lips on yours. You kissed him back, gripping onto his t-shirt that clung onto his torso as his lips moved against yours. He pulled away slightly, breathing heavily as he whispered, "I like you," making you whisper it right back to him before pulling him in for another kiss.