#43: Too Late - 5SOS (His POV)

Ashton: "Ever since the day that we met, I couldn't get you out of my head. There was always something about you"

October 1st of 2012, the day I first met the most beautiful girl in the world. Of course, that day, I didn't really think she would end up meaning this much to me. I remember the first time I saw her angelic face - it was when we were trying to get some coffee from Starbucks. The boys were being dicks to me again, and began to push me around, laughing. I bumped into her and accidentally knocked her drink out of her hand. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I tell her, watching her as she looks at her spilled coffee on the floor sadly. "Oh, it's fine, I just..." she looks down at the spilled coffee again and sighs. "I guess I'll just buy another," she began to turn around, but I grabbed her wrist, locking eyes with her. Her eyes were a beautiful color and I didn't notice the smile that crept on my lips. "No please, I'll buy you another. It's the least I can do after all, it was my fault." I say, with a huge smile. She looks at me cautiously before shooting me a small smile, deciding that I was okay. I shot the boys a glare and they began to wiggle their eyebrows at me, and I rolled my eyes at them. Once I got her her coffee, I slipped into the booth with her. She looks up at me as she sips her coffee, and her lips curled into an adorable smile. "Thank you," she says to me, and I felt my heart skip a beat that moment. "Um, I realized I forgot to ask your name." She just looked so adorable biting her lip shyly, which made me giggle a little bit. When she heard my laughter, it was her turn to burst into a fit of giggles. "Your laugh is so cute!" She says in between giggles, "Yours is too!" I laughed, and we probably looked like weirdos laughing so hard at absolutely nothing but we didn't give a fuck at all. "My name's Ashton by the way, what's your name?" By the time I asked that, we had already finished laughing and she had finally managed to calm down. "Um, my name's Y/N," she smiles shyly, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. That was probably the start of everything, and ever since then, we've been together. We were like two peas in a pod, like Bonnie and Clyde, it was us against the world. I've always known that I felt something for her since that day, and I still feel something for her now. More than a year later, we're still best friends and I fell in love with her along the way. It's been a year, but I still haven't told her how I feel. It's probably too late anyways, so I wouldn't bother anymore. "Are you coming or what?" She giggled as she pulls my hand. "I am geez!" I yelled, ruffling her hair. "Stop," she says, as she swats my hand away from her head. "Aww, you know I love you," I smiled, kissing her head. She smiled back at me, the crinkles by her eyes showing as she did. She was so beautiful, but she can never be mine.

Michael: "But I'm always too late, I see you but I always hesitate"

I took a deep breath and walked right up to her. I could feel the sweat run down my forehead, heart racing inside of my ribcage, and a million thoughts rushing through my mind. I had to tell her now, it was now or never. She's always been on my mind, she was basically the girl of my dreams. She was just gorgeous, and she was so beautiful inside and out, sometimes I can't believe she's real. She gets insecure a lot too, and I don't understand what's there to be insecure about. She was just too perfect, why would she ever feel so insecure about herself? I watched as her eyes flickered from her homework to her coffee, sneakily picking it up and taking a quick sip before setting it back down onto it's original place. I stopped a moment when she did that, and felt my heart skip a beat when her eyes found mine. Her face lit up, and she waved me over. Too late to back out now, Michael, I told myself as I slipped into the seat right in front of her. "Michael," she grins as she puts the cap of her pen back on. "Y/N," I smiled back, trying to push my nerves to the back of my mind. She tapped her pen to the beat of Little Mix's new song playing on the coffee shop radio, and she tilted her head at me. "What's wrong?" I asked, instinctively sending my hand on my face. Her eyes widen slightly and her lips curl into a gorgeous smile, "No, nothing! I'm just admiring you," she hums. She was admiring me? Does that mean something? No, it does not Michael, stop thinking so much of the smallest things. "Um, thanks?" I asked, sounding a bit unsure of my answer. "Oh, sorry if you think it's a little weird," she looks back down at her homework and I shook my head. "N-no, it's cute!" I say and she looks back up with a huge smile. "Aww, thank you Mike!" She giggled, and I took a deep breath. Now or never. "U-um, Y/N, the truth is, I have something really important to tell you," I began and she nodded, her beautiful eyes looking up at me expectantly. Suddenly finding her gaze on me, it made it harder to get the exact words I rehearsed the night before out of my mouth. Everything I wanted to tell her just disappeared from my mind, and I found myself panicking. Why couldn't I just tell her how I felt about her? I just wished it was that easy, I just wished I could just tell her straight out how I felt about her. "What is it, Michael?" she asked , and I shook my head, the previous determination I had depleting rapidly. "Nothing, I just wanted to say you're looking beautiful today," I see you, but I always hesitate. Cause never is too late.

Calum: "Everytime I see you with him, I'm tearing down the walls in my head, I can't hold back any longer"

"Stop!" She yelled as she frantically ran to get away from me. I let out a laugh as I began to chase after her, using my long legs to my advantage. I caught up to her almost immediately, enveloping her in my arms and spinning us around. I released her from my hold a second later, and spun her around so she was facing me. My lips curled into a smile as I gazed into her beautiful eyes, and my breath caught in my throat. She had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, I honestly think I could get lost in these eyes forever. I wouldn't really mind then, because I want to be hers and only hers forever. I was leaning closer and closer, until I could feel her hot breath on my face. I was about to press my lips on hers, until someone's coughing interrupted our little moment. We pulled away from each other swiftly, and I turned to glare at whoever was being a huge cockblock right now, and I let out a breath when my eyes locked with his familiar ones. "Oh hi," she grins as she turns to face him. This is the guy she's liked for a long time now, and I could tell he's starting to feel the same way about her as well. She was just so beautiful, it was nearly impossible not to fall in love with her. "I'll see you later Cal," she turns to me and blows a kiss, before linking her arm with him, and I watched as they began to walk away from me. Each step they took made my heart sink deeper and deeper, and I watched as he made her smile like she never did before. She looked so happy with him, and I wouldn't blame her. He was a very nice guy, good-looking too and he's really decent, I actually approve of him for her, but the problem here is that I've been in love with her longer. Seeing her happy like that just makes me want to steal her away from him. I want her to know how happy she makes me. I want her to know how beautiful I think she is. I want her to know how I feel about her. Everytime I see her with him, I keep tearing down all these walls that prevent me from confessing to her how I really feel about her. Each time they get together, I grow weaker and weaker, and my desire to tell her grows even more. I watched as she pecked his cheek and it took everything in me to contain myself, and to stop the tears that have been threatening to fall any moment. I swallowed the lump in my throat and fell on my knees, as they disappeared from my sight completely. "I'm in love with you," I whispered, dropping to the ground, pounding my fist on the floor. "I'm in love with you, dammitm Y/N!" I sat up, raking my fingers through my hair and the tears finally came. "I'm in love with you."

Luke: "I wanted to tell you what I feel inside, I don't wanna hurt you, make you feel alright"

"Do you ever wonder how life is like in space, Luke?" I heard her say as she turned her head to look at me. I was already looking at her though, and I gave her a warm smile. "I don't think I've never stopped wondering about that though, Y/N," she bit her lip, smiling as she did. She looked back up at the starry sky, and watched as the moonlight from up above illuminated her gorgeous face perfectly. She looked like an absolute angel, and I swear I would do anything just to have her. I would do anything just o make her mine. I've been in love with her for three years now, ever since I bumped into her in the hallways of our school. When I first bumped into her, I never knew she'd end up meaning this much to me. A tiny crush grew into something much more, and eventually led up to this. Her eyelashes fluttered and I breathed out a sigh, smiling as I continued to watch her flawless profile. "Hey," I began, reaching out to play with her hair. She turned to me again and smiled, she looked absolutely happy today, and I really wanted to be her source of happiness, just as she was mine. "Did you know that I love you?" I asked, and a look of surprise appeared on her face, but disappeared half a second later. "Of course I do, you're my best friend," She replies, humming as she looks back up into the sky, gazing up at the stars. "If I told you I was in love with you as a person, how would you react?" She narrowed her eyes in thought and just shrugged, "I don't know, I just think it would feel a little weird because we've been best friends for so long." After hearing her reply, I smiled sadly and patted her head. "Oh, I see." I wanted to scream out how much I loved her right now, but I'm just too afraid of how she would react. She reacted negatively to a hypothetical question, so what happens if I actually confess to her for real? I couldn't ever, I love her but our friendship is too important to me. I'd rather keep this in forever and hurt myself, I don't care. I don't care about myself anymore, all I want is to be by her side, even if it meant sacrificing my happiness for her sake. I pulled her in, wrapping my arm around her waist, burying my head into the crook of her neck. "I love you, Y/N." I whispered and smiled. Even if you don't know that I really meant that I love you as something much more than just a friend.

So sorry for the late upload, suffering from really bad writing block lately, and I hope I can finally update Superstar tomorrow! x