#151; he regrets breaking up with you

had to rewrite the entire pref bc wattpad is being a grade A dick and didn't save the original draft

but anyways please check out my new michael fanfic called catch fire!! :)

Ashton: Rage continued to build up in your chest as you stared down at the curly haired boy who broke your heart one too many times. Glistening tears cascaded down his face as he held your gaze, waiting for your response to the four words he spoke just moments before. "Please say something," He finally spoke, breaking the deafening silence that seemed to stretch on forever. "What do you want me to say, Ashton? Do you want me to say that I've been doing just fine since that day you walked out of my life, and told me that you wanted nothing to do with me? Do you want me to say that I've been thinking about you all this time, just like you have these past few months? Do you want me to say that I'll allow you back into my life just because you realized that even after all this time, you still love me?" You managed to spit out, venom coating each and every word that left your lips. Ashton's lips trembled as he slowly cast his gaze downwards, fixing his eyes on the carpeted floor beneath you. "I regret it, okay? I'm-I'm sorry, please... I still love you," He croaked out, and those words managed to strike a certain chord in your heart that made your resolve quiver ever so slightly. The familiar ache in your chest began to resurface, and you knew that you couldn't keep this façade up any longer. With tears brimming in your eyes, you managed to scream out, "Get out - you should have thought about the consequences before killing my heart."

Michael: The corners of your lips quirked into a smile, as you gazed upon the countless number of stars twinkling in the heavens. You inhaled deeply, eyes fluttering close as you felt the fresh air enter your lungs and exhaled ever so slowly. You shifted slightly, turning to your right and were greeted by the familiar profile of the green eyed boy who never failed to make an apprearance in your mind. You reached your hand out, grasping the hem of the black sweater he was currently wearing and tugged on it lightly. "Michael?" You breathed out, your voice barely louder than a whisper. The said boy tilted his head to the side, so he could look at you, "Yes?" Biting down on your botton lip, you decided to ask the one question that has been plaguing your mind ever since that faithful day. "Do you regret it?" Michael inhaled sharply, his emerald colored eyes expressing his sadness. He reached out to stroke your hair, gently running them through the strands. "There hasn't been a day when I didn't, love," He murmured, pulling you into an embrace. You scooted closer to feel his warmth, and you two molded together, as if two pieces to a puzzle. "And I regret letting you walk out of my life that day," You buried your head into his chest, smiling as you continued, "But one thing I don't regret is giving us another chance."

Calum: You were lying on Calum's bed, tracing patterns on your boyfriend's arm as you enjoyed the moment of peace shared between the two of you. Glancing up at the dark haired boy, you took in all of the little things that reminded you of him. The musky smell of his cologne, the adorable crinkles that appear near his eyes whenever he smiled, the Chris Brown song he loved to listen to almost everyday. You knew that you were in love with this boy, and you still couldn't believe that he was right back in your arms like yesterday never even happened. "I've been a jerk," He took your hand, intertwining his fingers with your much shorter ones. "I can't believe I actually thought about ending things with you last night, I was so wrong and so dumb to even think that." You chuckled, leaning up so you were face to face with the boy of your dreams. "Yeah, I kinda think you're dumb for breaking up with me for 18 hours. But it's all good since you came back for me, for us," You smiled softly at the nineteen year old, squeezing his hand gently. "I just hope you wouldn't get any ideas about breaking up with me again, because we both know that you're gonna end up regretting it all over again."

Luke: You exhaled slowly, watching the clouds of your breath escape your lips. You wrapped your arms around yourself in an attempt to fight against the cold winter air, rubbing your hands up and down your arms. You stole a glance at the blue eyed boy sitting beside you, his left shoulder touching your right one. He had his eyes trained on the snow that was slowly falling to the ground, his pale lips curled downwards as he continued to watch them. "You know, I don't think I've ever gotten over that day," He suddenly spoke up, not bothering to turn around and look your way. You knew exactly what he was talking about, and it was the day when he decided to end your relationship for good. You could still recall that day, like it was just yesterday - all the screaming, the crying and the hurting. The wounds in your heart have long closed up, but that memory will never fade from your mind. "And why did you suddenly bring this up now? It's been more than a year, Luke," You frowned, shivering upon feeling snow fall on your skin. "Because that will always be my biggest what if, and my biggest regret," He finally turned to look at you, and you had to fight the urge to embrace him when you saw the tears pooling in his ocean blue eyes. "You're a year too late, Luke." You shook your head, taking a glimpse at the silver ring given to you by the one person who managed to make you experience love all over again. "But I know you'll find someone else, trust me on this."