#7: Why Don't You Love Me - Hot Chelle Rae ft. Demi Lovato (Part one)

Ashton: "Locked in a room so hung up on you and you're cool with just being friends"

He didn't know how much you still wanted him. He didn't know how much you still loved him. You had broken up with your boyfriend of two years exactly three months ago. But he didn't know that you couldn't get over him - how could he? He was currently touring Australia with his band, and he didn't have time for you. You were too in love with him that you decided to put his happiness before your own. If he wanted to break up and just stay friends, you would agree even if that really wasn't what you wanted. You rubbed your face with both of your hands as you leaned your head back on the wall. You couldn't get over him at all, and he was still all you think about. You still wanted him, but it was clear that he doesn't want you the same way anymore. You wanted to get over him, but you didn't know how when he was still the only thing you could think about. It was clear that you aren't moving on anytime soon, but it was also clear that he won't ever return to you. You just wanted him to love you all over again, like he did before. You could feel the hot tears stream down your cheek as you whispered, "Why don't you love me again?"

Michael: "And why don't you love me baby? Open up your heart tonight 'cause I could be all that you need"

"Mike?" He didn't bother looking away from his game, he just replied with a "Yeah?" This is it, you thought. This is the night that you're going to tell him about your feelings for him. Michael has been your best friend since forever, but he didn't know that you secretly loved him. But tonight, you swore, you would tell him or never at all. He's going to leave for a five month tour tomorrow, and how sure are you that he was gonna return single? He's going to meet thousands of beautiful girls, and there's a huge chance that he'll end up dating one of them. Now or never. "U-um, how would you feel if um, I told you I love you?" He paused his game and looked up at you with an amused expression, "Is this some kind of joke?" Your throat began to dry up when you realized he thought your feelings were a joke, and you blinked back the tears. "I couldn't imagine us being together like that, Y/N. I mean, we're like bros. Like, Bonnie and Clyde, you know?" He just laughed and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, as you realized that he will never love you the same way. "That was just a hypothetical question," you muttered, "I meant I love you as a brother." He smiled and nodded, "I love you too, Y/N. No homo," he laughed as he pulled you in for a hug. You let a tear roll down your cheek, with the resolution of letting him go clear in your mind.

Calum: "See I'm just too scared to tell you the truth cause my heart ache can't take anymore"

You have been hurt plenty of times before. Scratch that, you've been hurt too many times to count. The only person who was always there whenever that happens is your best friend - Calum. He was always there to wipe away your tears, he was always there to cuddle with you and whisper things in your ear that made you feel better, he was the only who one who knew exactly how to make you smile. Along the way, you somehow fell in love with your best friend as he was the only one who knew how to make everything better with the simplest gestures. You were too scared to even tell Calum all about this, because you didn't want to get hurt all over again. Worst case scenario is that not only will he reject you, and you get hurt, you might also lose him as your friend and you don't want that. You smiled secretly at the sight of your wallpaper - it was a picture of you two cuddling on the couch, it was a picture that Luke took a week ago and you smiled at how cute you two looked. "If only you felt the same way," you whispered as you closed your eyes, imagining the two of you together as a couple, and not just best friends. Your chest tightened at the realization that this was the best you could do - you can only imagine being together with him, because you knew deep in your heart that this could never happen in real life.

Luke: "It's killing me so why don't you love me?"

"Why don't you love me?" you asked as you stared at your brother's best friend. Luke has been buddies with your older brother for about four years now, and you were absolutely in love with him. He was the definition of perfect - bright ocean blue eyes, dirty blonde hair that is always styled in a quiff, those deep dimples, that angelic voice of his, his amazing guitar skills, oh and did you mention his dimples? He was the most perfect human being you have ever laid your eyes on, the only problem is that he didn't see you as anything other than his best friend's sister. At first, you only thought it was a mere crush, but it slowly developed into something more over the years. You knew it was love when you got hurt whenever he'd mention meeting a beautiful fan the day before, or when you got jealous of the girls who took pictures with him. You have almost lost hope because you knew he couldn't feel the same way about someone he saw as a sister. He looked up from his phone with a huge smile on his face, and you knew who exactly he has been texting. He's got this girl on his mind for a while now, and you watched in the sidelines as he began to like this girl in a romantic way. It killed you inside because you have always been here beside him, and he doesn't see you that way. It kills you to know that he might never love you the way you love him. "Did you say something, Y/N?" He flashed you a dimpled smile, and you faked a smile, trying to make it as genuine as possible. "No, no." He then nodded and you took this as your cue to leave. Once you were out of his line of sight, you leaned up against the wall and began to cry silent tears, knowing he could never ever be yours.

This preference was really depressing because it speaks of unrequited love. But it was too good of a song not to write a preference about.