#148; You/He can't move on

thank u guys for 22M reads and for all those who helped me with the instagram thing!! ily guys sm

also im working on a calum fanfic as well as a michael fanfic just so u guys know (whispers) i just need covers for them...

Ashton: Another long sigh managed to escape your lips for the twentieth time today. You've been wallowing in self pity for the past few days, ever since you found out a truth that shattered every tiny piece of what's left of your beating heart. It's only been a few months since your breakup with your boyfriend of two years, and you were still very much in love with the beautiful curly haired blonde. There hasn't been a day when you stopped thinking about him, everything about him and your previous memories of him. Each passing day makes it harder for you to forget all about him, and you were convinced that the longer it took, the stronger your feelings for him grew. But it wasn't fair, you thought, because Ashton has done what you couldn't; he has moved on and found someone new to focus his feelings on, and you were still at square one. It hurt, no, killed you, to know that your once returned feelings are now one-sided and all this time, you thought he was having the same thoughts and feelings but he wasn't. You couldn't stomach the fact that Ashton had a new girlfriend, someone else who made him happy. You could feel your chest tighten as your throat closed up, tears brimming in your eyes. You knew that forgetting all about him was the only thing left to do, it was to forget all about the pain in your chest. But deep down inside, you were aware that this feat couldn't be accomplished that easily. Although you had to try, you couldn't keep hurting yourself forever knowing that he was happy with someone else and you were still stuck pining after someone who kept running after another. You took a deep breath, smiling as you promised yourself that you were going to forget the way he made you feel for the past two years.

Michael: You bit your bottom lip in an attempt to stop the sobs from leaking out. You held an old photograph of your boyfriend in between your thumb and pointer finger, for it was the only thing you had that still reminded you of him. It's been almost a year, and you've already started to forget all about the green eyed boy who stole your heart within a blink of an eye. Your mind has started to forget the little things that you almost memorized and engraved in your brain. You've forgotten about the mole on the side of his neck, the smell of his shampoo, the feel of his warm skin on yours, the adorable little giggle he gives when he's making a joke, his unique sense of humor. Your mind may have started to forget, but you had to look at the picture of Michael everyday to remind yourself of how he smiled and how he made you fall. It was the only thing that still kept you going, despite knowing that it was pointless to keep loving someone you've already lost. Losing him was the most painful experience you've ever encountered, and although he has been gone for a year, the thoughts of the green eyed boy still haunted you every waking moment. Another sob escaped you, as you whispered your deceased lover's name into the air.

Calum: You have been staring at your ex-boyfriend's text for the past ten minutes, trying to decide whether you should reply or ignore it. It was just a simple two sentence text, which basically just says that he was still in love with you and he's asking for another chance. It was no secret that your split with Calum was not a mutual one, as he was still very much in love and you have been trying to push him away for so long. It wasn't because you've stopped loving him, you knew that there will always be a part of you that will love him. The reason was because you were too insecure, and thought that you didn't deserve the title of his girlfriend. He was a famous band member, girls would flock to him every single day and there was a chance of him meeting someone else who could catch his eye. You wanted him to be happy, and you didn't think he was because you thought you were holding him back from searching for the girl who was in his league. That was why you called him up the next day, telling him that you couldn't handle being with him any longer and ending whatever you had with him. You were slightly taken aback by the text when you received it, and didn't think that he was still in love with you after all this time. Your finger hovered above the text box, and you found yourself typing a positive reply to the boy who still had your heart and vice versa.

Luke: "Please," Luke breathed out, desperation clear in his deep voice. His voice. The voice you haven't heard for the past two months. You haven't seen nor heard from the blonde boy for these two months, and hoped that he would stay out of your life for good. But no, life just pulled a surprise bitch on you and this boy managed to waltz back into your life. You've been progressing nicely in the plan you've devised two months ago in order to forget him, it isn't fair that he could just walk back into your life so easily when you've spent so much effort into trying to move on. "No means no, Luke," You croaked out, shaking your head rapidly at the crying boy whose eyes were a few shades paler because of the sadness in his heart. "It was a mistake letting you go, I realize that," He sniffled, wiping the tears from his eyes. "You were the one who decided that this wasn't working anymore! I accepted that, so why haven't you? Why are you trying to fix something you purposely broke in the first place?" You sent the weeping boy one last glare before shutting the door in his face, because you knew that if you had to listen to him for another second, you would end up breaking and taking him back with open arms.