#126: Just Saying - 5SOS (His POV)

this sONG IS MY JAM

Ashton: "You got a boyfriend, and he's a total loser. All your friends tell you that he's got no future, but they like me. Just saying."

I could hear her arguing with her best friends in the other room, they didn't even bother keeping the noise down but I didn't mind. I wanted to hear how this would go down. "He is a grade A asshole, Y/N, I honestly don't understand why you're still with him," I heard one of her best friends say, and a sigh could be heard afterwards. "You don't know him like I do," She argued, which in turn made one of her friends scoff. "Oh, we do, honey. Look, we understand that you really like him but you gotta wake up. He's a total loser who doesn't even know where he's gonna go when he graduates. He isn't boyfriend material at all," I nodded to myself, silently agreeing to her friend's statement. "He's thinking about what he wants to do." She tried to defend him once more, and judging from the frustrated groan, I could tell that her friends are already tired of trying to get through to her. "Honestly, I just want you to leave him. He doesn't deserve you and I know you know that. You're too good for a dick like him." I hear sniffling and it was pretty obvious that it came from her. If only I could barge in there and wrap my arms around her to comfort her, I would but this conversation wasn't mean for my ears. This was why she made me stay inside her room, but I was curious as to what her other best friends would say because it seemed important. "I would rather you date Ashton instead," one of them said and I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, I actually really like him." It was nice to hear that her friends prefer me over him, but even I would prefer any other person to her boyfriend anyways. "But, he's my best friend..." She trailed off, but one of her friends let out a sigh. "I know he loves you, and he would actually treat you right. You should give him a chance." Yes, you should give me a chance, Y/N. I actually do love you. After a while, the sniffles stopped and there were whispers being exchanged, before I finally hear her voice once more. "I-I guess giving him a chance won't hurt."

Michael: "You don't need him, I'll help you get over it. Just saying."

Her sniffles and sobs filled the room, as she continued to cry into my already damp shirt. I don't really know how long we've been sitting here on her bed, as she cried into my chest with my arms wrapped around her. The reason why she broke was because her boyfriend - who is an asshole, by the way, broke up with her via text saying "Let's break up. Sorry, but I found someone better. Hope you can understand." I just wanna punch his face in right now. Breaking up with her through text was one thing, but telling her that he found someone better was enough to fuel my now burning fire. Saying that was like telling her that she wasn't even good enough for him, and that's one of the shittiest things anyone could ever say. I asked her if I could beat the living crap out of him, but even if he did break her heart, she still loved him and of course, she didn't approve of my offer to bash his face in. After such a long time, she pulled her head away from my chest and I used my thumbs to wipe away the tears running down her cheeks. "Am I really not good enough?" she asked, whimpering. I shushed her, shaking my head and placed my hand on her face, cupping her right cheek. "No, you are way out of his league and he's too dumb to even realize it." The corners of her lips twitched upwards, and she managed a small smile. "You don't need him anyways," I added, biting down on my bottom lip as I kept my gaze locked on her eyes. "I'll help you get over it." Upon hearing that, her eyes flickered away from mine for a moment and her lips trembled slightly. She turned back to me, her eyes boring into mine as she placed her right hand on my left hand, which was still cupping her cheek. "Okay, I trust you. Help me get over him... please."

Calum: "When you change your mind, I'll be waiting. 'Cause I'm better than him, just saying."

She pulled her lips away from mine, and reached down to grab the hem of her shirt. She quickly pulled the article of clothing over her head, tossing it behind her and leaned down to press her soft lips against mine again. It's been like this for about two weeks now, we've been screwing around with each other and there were absolutely no strings attached. But I didn't feel that way though, even though there were no strings in this relationship, I was in love with her and all I wanted to do was distract her from the pain long enough for her to forget all about it. This was why I agreed to this 'no strings' relationship with her, but this only makes it hard because with each kiss, my feelings for her grow even stronger but I know she didn't want to return these feelings. She knows how I feel about her, I don't know if she's just using that to her advantage or if she just wanted someone to help her forget, and I was the only one she could turn to. All this pain was brought by her dick of a boyfriend, who broke up with her two weeks ago. I ended up comforting her that day, and that was when she asked me to be her distraction. I agreed, but I also reminded her that if she ever changed her mind about love and was willing to give it another try, I would always be here for her. I would always be waiting for her, and always have been. I've loved her for two years, and I've waited this long. There's no harm in waiting a little bit longer, because I know that in the end, her love would be worth the wait. "I love you," I whispered, when our lips detached from one another for a short while. She stopped, her eyes searching mine with eyebrows knitted together. Finally, she heaved out a sigh and her gaze softened. She ran her fingers through my hair, smiling as she placed open mouthed kisses on my neck. "I think I'm ready to give you a chance, Calum. No more messing around, I want the real thing."

Luke: "He says he loves you, but it's all an act. He's seeing someone else right behind your back, you know I'd never do that. Just saying."

"What..." Her eyes widened, her lips trembling as she continued to look upon the couple making out on the couch. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her in my arms so she couldn't see them anymore but she just pushed me away. "What the fuck?" she roared, causing her boyfriend to pull away from the blonde girl sitting on his lap. He stared at her wide-eyed, pushing the blonde off him. "Baby, it's not what you think-" "Cut the bullshit!" she cut him off, tears streaming down her face at this point. "You told me you loved me, but now I know that it was only just an act." Her boyfriend frowned, walking over to her to touch her. But she just shoved him off, and buried her head into my chest. "Don't, we're through," She mumbled, lacing her fingers in mine and led me out his house. Once we were outside, she broke down crying and it was my job to make her feel better. Pulling her into me, I embraced her and held tightly against my body. "He was seeing someone else right behind my back," She sobbed, her hands fisting my shirt as she cried into my chest. I always knew that her boyfriend was an asshole, but to think that he would stoop so low and cheat on her. I can't express how disgusted I am with that prick, he's a piece of trash. "He's an idiot for cheating on someone as amazing as you," I told her. I wasn't lying, she was the most amazing girl I know and if only she gave me a chance, I wouldn't ever do her wrong. "You know I'd never do that - just saying." She chuckled, pulling away from me to look straight into my eyes. Her eyes were still glistening with tears, but she wiped them away with a smile. "Thanks for being here for me all this time, Luke. I appreciate it." I didn't know if she knew that I wasn't kidding, I wouldn't ever do that to her. I just... love her. "N-no problem, what are best friends for?" I stammered, faking a smile as she pressed a kiss onto my cheek. "I guess I was the same," She began, chewing on her bottom lip. "I told him I loved him, even though I never did." Looking up at me, she leaned in until I could feel her breath fanning on my cheek. "I was always in love with you, and now I can kiss you without holding back." And with that, she pressed her lips against mine, and it felt as if I was melting right in her arms.