#80: You're childhood friends who reunite (part three)

happy endings for everyone :-)

Ashton: You had so much trouble believing Ashton's words, and your mouth went agape - what did he mean by that? You don't know if you've known Ashton way before, because if you did, you would have remembered someone as good-looking as him. "What-what do you mean?" You questioned, your head filled with so many thoughts and mostly of confusion. He sat up and took your small hands in his, his thumb tracing patterns on the back of your hand. "Years ago, my aunt took me here and I actually got lost because I wandered around when she wasn't paying attention. I ended up in the playground and I was crying because I was so lost, then you popped up out of nowhere and told me that boys shouldn't cry." Now that you think about it, you did remember meeting a crying boy in the playground you always played in. You didn't realize this Ashton was the same Ashton you met when you were children, you remembered your childhood friend more clearly now - you always played in that playground every single day after you met him, you would usually play the knight in shining armor and he would play the prince. You liked that it wasn't the usual cliche of the princess being saved, you did almost every single thing with him afterwards. But then, one day, he told you that he had to go back to wherever he came from and that made you really sad, you promised that you two will find each other again when you grew up and you pinky-promised that you two will find each other, and will never forget one another. You remembered that you gave Ashton your friendship bracelet when you were younger, so that he can show you when he found you so that you could remember him. Ashton, in turn, gave you one of his wristbands which you still had in a box under your bed. You didn't think that you would meet your childhood friend again after all these years, and the fact that he's right here in front of you, confessing that he's loved you since you were children made your stomach flutter. "You were that Ashton," You beamed, taking in every detail of his face. He's changed so much from that little boy who was crying in the playground because he was so lost, he became an attractive young man who has muscular arms, which was a turn-on for you.  He flashed you a smile, leaning forwards until he was a few centimeters away from your face, "I've always wanted to tell you that you were more than just my best friend to me back then." He places his hands on your cheeks, rubbing his thumbs on your skin as he breathed out, "I fell in love with you." You felt your cheeks heat up as he leaned in to connect his lips with yours, and it felt like fireworks exploded in that very moment. The kiss didn't really last very long as someone opened the door to the storage room, causing the two of you to pull away from one another. "Someone's making out on duty," Your boss smirked, chuckling at the sight of two of you on the floor. "We weren't doing anythi-" "Save it Ashton, just continue on. I know that she's the real reason why you came back anyways," She giggled, walking away from the two of you and you burst out laughing. Ashton helped you stand up and whispered in your ear, "Does this mean we're together?" You pressed a soft kiss onto his cheek and pulled away smiling, "Does that answer your question?"

Michael: You shut your door behind you, walking towards your bed as you furiously tried to wipe the tears away from your eyes. You couldn't handle the truth - Michael could never be yours, because he deserved so much better than you. You pulled your legs to your chest and wrapped your arms around them, burying your head into your knees as you cried the hurt away. So many emotions ran through you right now - anger, sadness, hurt, disappointment, worry. Anger because you were mad at yourself - you were mad at the world, you were mad because you thought you weren't good enough for Michael, for the boy you've always loved. Sadness because you were sad that you felt like you weren't good enough for Michael, and it led to you thinking that you weren't good enough for anyone. Hurt because it hurt knowing that he couldn't be yours, you felt like you were waiting for something that will never happen. Disappointment because for one moment, you actually thought that someone like Michael would give you a second glance and think that, "Hey, she's really pretty. I like her." And finally, worry because you just ran out of Michael's room without an explanation, you were worried about what he would think. Would he chase after you and ask what's wrong? What if he does and sees that you were crying? How would you explain that to him? You shook your head, lifting your head up as you thought of him bursting into your room right now to ask what's the matter, and you needed a really good excuse. You couldn't just come up and tell him that he was the reason why you were in tears and that you've been in love with him for as long as you can remember, the feelings were just so much more stronger now because you grew up and finally learned what love was all about. You tried to think of a good excuse when Michael opened the door to your room, his green eyes looking at you in shock. You quickly turned your back to him, wiping away the tears that streamed down your face and winced upon feeling his warm hand on your shoulder. "Why are you crying? Is it something I said or something I did?" He sat down beside you, his green eyes gazing at you sadly. You didn't want him to think that your tears were his doing, so you turned to him and forced out a smile, "No, this isn't your fault at all Michael. Don't feel bad, it's just something I thought and it made me a little sad, it's not you, I swear." You could see genuine concern in his beautiful jade eyes and he shook his head at you, "I just want to know what made you sad, I don't like seeing you sad. It hurts me to see you cry like this," You tried to blink the new tears away, looking at him to hide the tears but he used his other hand to cup your cheek, turning your head so you were staring at him. "You shouldn't care too much," You mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear but apparently, he did. "You couldn't blame me for caring about the girl I love, can you?" Your eyes widened and your lips parted when he gave you a smile, shrugging. "I've been in love with you for the longest time, and I've been dying to tell you since we arrived here. But I just couldn't, I was afraid that you would turn me down. I mean, I've spent so many years apart from you and to tell you that I was in love with you now, it would seem weird." He let out a breath, "I thought that I was over you, honestly. But when I gazed back into those eyes," You blinked once with a smile. "The same eyes that I fell in love with back when we were children, I knew that I was lying to myself all this time." He pulled you into him, wrapping his arms around you so that you could feel his warmth. "Did you know that I was inlove with you too?" You wrapped your arms around him with a smile, and you could feel him resting his head on top of yours. "Not really, but this kind of confirmed that we like each other, doesn't it?" You nodded, giggling, "Yes, yes it does."