Chapter 64: Cooperation

"I'm glad you've decided to cooperate with us." Detective Neidhart said as Trinity sat down at the table

"I'm not doing this for you, but for my children. They deserve to have a better life than what they'll get in the future. I can't imagine anyone harming them over something not important."

"We're glad you came in, we really appreciate your cooperation. This is officer Hernandez and he'll be asking you questions."

"For the record could you state your name and age." Officer Hernandez asked

"Trinity Moretti, and I'm thirty five."

"And how old were you when you met your now husband, Sebastian?"

"I was seventeen."

"Did he know you were underage at the time of meeting?"

"No,"

"When did he find out?"

"I believe our second date, he said he assumed I was at least twenty."

"When did you two first engage in having sex?"

"His birthday."

"How old was Sebastian at the time?"

"Thirty two."

"And how old were you?"

"Seventeen."

"Did you at anytime feel weird about him being older than you? Especially with you being underage at the time?"

"Listen, I didn't care how old he was. He wasn't some pervert that groomed me as a little girl and the day I'm legal he starts having sex with me, it was my decision and by this point in our relationship we were really understanding each other. Our age gap isn't an issue for us, and we have a very loving relationship with one another.
I knew I was underage at the time and I didn't care anymore, my mom kicked me out of the house, I was essentially homeless. I had no money, no job, I just recently graduated high school and he was all I had at the time, so I did whatever I could to make it work, so I will not be judged for my decision, I did what I had to do to make it."

"I understand that, but you're still fairly young yourself, why waste your youth and beauty on a forty nine year old man."

"I'm not wasting my youth away and what difference does it matter that he's forty nine, we're both adults now and I don't criticize anyone else for who they choose to get with. You know maybe coming here was a mistake." She said as she began to get up but detective Neidhart steps in

"No please don't leave, we understand this is a touchy subject for you but we have to get a full backstory on you two. Sebastian is very guarded and protective of his private life so virtually everything about him is unknown to us, you're the only one willing to talk and give us a glimpse of what he's personally like. Please sit, we will try to make this as painless as possible." He said as Trinity sat back down

"Ok let's change the subject, how many kids do you two have?"

"Five; four boys and one girl."

"Was he present for all five children being born?"

"Yes."

"At any point during your pregnancies did he take any extended business trips? And if so for how long and when?"

"When I had my third son, Evan, he went to Germany for two weeks and a month before my daughter was born he went to Mexico for three weeks."

"Did he ever say what he was going for?"