+ nyctophilia. 10

Start from the beginning

And now that I was just a step closer to penetrating past his demons,I wasn't going to back down.

As I jogged the rest of the path,all the way to the parking lot and to my bike,I searched my bag for my phone. Once I reached my bike,I did the only thing that would help me get to Johnny.

I called a friend.

He picked up a few breaths later,I drew out a sigh of relief when I heard his voice.

"Asher,I need your help."

___________

After talking to a very worried Asher,I pedalled back home in a rush and left my bike near the garage,dropping my bag inside by the front door after opening it in a clumsy and distracted manner.

As promised,Asher's car pulled up in my driveway twenty minutes later. I didn't give him the chance to step out,I sped away from my house till I was by the passenger's side of his car.

Asher leaned over and didn't waste a second before opening the door for me,allowing me to get inside and take a hasty seat.

"Y/n,you're scaring me. What is it,are you ok?" Asher asked me,sounding genuinely worried at my odd behavior. I fumbled with the seatbelt,finally buckling myself up after a few seconds of struggling to focus on the task at hand.

All the adrenaline that had helped me dash back home on my bike and do all the running finally drained away. My throat burned,my breaths came out in pants.

Asher passed me a bottle of water,glancing at me with concern. I took satisfying gulps,allowing the water to fight off the dryness of my throat.

Once I had settled down,I looked at Asher.

"I need you to take me to Johnny. Do you know where he'll be?" I asked him,plead clear in my voice.

Asher answered,"He's supposed to be at school,"

Letting out a sigh,I confessed,"I take counselling too,we had a session together today. He left midway. I don't know his address,I don't even know if he's at home."

"Hey,it's ok," Asher said in a soft voice,trying to comfort my panic,"Give me a minute,I'll find out where he is,"

He pulled out his phone from his pocket,rummaging through what looked like his contacts before tapping the screen and holding the device up to his ear.

"Lauren,hey," his voice came out breathy as he spoke,"Is Johnny at home?"

Lauren must've had more to say since Asher didn't end the call after getting his answer,his body tensed as he listened to what his best friend's sister was saying from the other side of the line.

"We'll be there in a few minutes,don't tell him." Asher ended the call after saying,tossing his phone in front of him and starting the car.

"What'd she say?" I asked him once he started driving.

Without taking his eyes off the road,Asher answered,"He's at home. Got there a few minutes ago. Didn't say a word to anyone,walked straight to his room and locked himself in,"

My chest tightened at that,I pressed my lips together and tried to calm the growing pit of worry in my stomach.

"I have to talk to him." I said without thinking twice,my gaze fixed on the blurred surroundings as we passed them,"I'm scared,Asher. I'm so fucking scared."

I felt Asher glance at me,he knew how serious I was being since I'd never used a cuss word in front of him.

"It'll be ok,he'll be ok," was Asher's reply.