+ nyctophilia. 5

hello!
thank you guys so much for bringing Because Of A Locker to 100+ reads in less than twenty four hours! it means so much to me :')

chapter 2 is coming very soon,buckle up!

i love you all<3

____________________

_____________________

reader :)

"Why do you work here?"

I looked up from my notepad to see Johnny's green eyes watching me with mild curiosity,the question fell off his lips dryly. I took a glance around the diner,sending Lola a smile from across where she was serving a couple,almost chuckling when I saw Gary peek from the kitchen's small window.

I turned my attention back to Johnny and gave him a shrug with a content smile,"I like it here,"

"Obviously you do. Why though?",he cocked a brow upward.

I gazed at him in thought,trying to come up with a better answer than 'I like it here because it doesn't feel as lonely as it does at home where I have to watch my mother act like a breathing corpse'.

"I don't know,",I gave him a light and distracted shake of my head,"I just do."

His calculating eyes didn't move away from me,he gazed at me without a single word,as if he was trying to figure something out. But a few heartbeats later he leaned back in his seat lazily,one hand bringing the menu closer to him.

"You're weird.",he said in his dead voice. I chuckled at that,"I really am."

Johnny was here without Asher today. He said something about Asher having to take his younger sister shopping. Currently,Johnny was deciding upon his order and I was waiting for him to do so.

"So,what do you want to eat?",I asked him for the third time. He grunted again,"I don't fucking know yet. A grilled cheese maybe," "Do you want me to add a mocha milkshake to it?",I suggested. "You'll probably poison it,so no.",he said with a small tug at the corner of his lips.

"I won't! It'll help with your grumpiness,",I pressed with a hint of hope in my voice. "Whatever. If I cough out blood,you're to blame.",he dismissed.

I grinned at this,happy that he agreed to the mocha milkshake. I skipped to where Gary raised a quizzical brow at me,"Did he ask you out?",he asked,a tease in his voice. My eyes widened,my cheeks heating up just a little,"No!",I squeaked out. Gary smirked,taking the slip of paper from my hand. I gave his arm a light push to get his head away from the window,playfully telling him to get back to work.