+ road trip | 3

Should I continue this orrrr?

<><><><>

reader^

"That's the last one?",I heard Carson ask. "Yeah,man.",Johnny answered as he climbed down from the joint ladder of the van,bringing down the logs one after another.

I felt Kenzie laugh as Nadia and Lauren pushed Hayden causing him to fall down on the ground from the van,as she lifted her head from my shoulder.

I swung my legs back forth from where I sat on the edge of the door of the vehicle that was open,the after two am breeze blowing my hair behind. We'd reached a couple of minutes ago,already beginning to take out the stuff we needed.

Well,the three responsible boys did so,Hayden entertained us meanwhile.

Though dark,the beautiful view of the night sky and the lake that shone from the moonlight falling on it,I could tell we'd pretty much chosen the right spot.

Rubbing my hands together,I watched Lauren,Nadia and Hayden regain all their lost energy and goof around already,having no care of their pitch since there was no one around to complain.

I looked further and saw faint colours of what I assumed was a born fire,two or more in sight. With furrowed brows,I asked,"What's that?"

Brandon,who'd been searching for the matchboxes and lighters in his bag that was inside the van,walked up behind me and leaned down to get a sight of what I was seeing.

"That's another group of campers,I suppose.",he answered. "Yep,it's a public camping ground,pretty extensive. You'll find some more ahead.",Carson added as he placed the logs on the ground.

"Could you pass me a jacket?",Kenzie asked Brandon. He nodded and reached out for her sweatshirt before handing it to her. She shivered and put it on.

Johnny walked over to me,a grin on his lips.

"Hey,stranger.",I gave him a toothy smile. I wrapped my arms around his torso,head resting on his stomach as he chuckled. I looked up at him,my chin touching his ribs as I spoke,"It's so cold."

"Well,we're all set for a born fire. And that stupid game Hayden was talking about.",Carson informed.

Johnny looked down at me,cheeks tinted pink from the cold. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my forehead,no one interrupting us this time.

A few moments later,the boys were busy trying to get the sticks they'd bought with them to light up,while the four of us were waiting for them to get done inside the van.

Well,Hayden's groans and the three boys throwing disses at him kept is updated.

After brushing my hair and putting on a beanie,I slipped on some socks to keep my feet warm and plopped down on the seating next to Lauren. She wrapped her arms around me,resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm surprised we're not sleepy yet.",I spoke. "Can you be? I mean,not unless Hayden decides to hibernate and let us have a peaceful nap too.",Nadia added as we chuckled.

Speaking of which,Hayden rushed inside,grabbing Lauren and I by our arms and leading us out,then coming back for Kenz and Nadia.

I wrapped my arms around myself,amazed at the sight of four logs been set up around the successfully lit fire.

We all took our seats on the log. Johnny and I on one,with Kenzie and Brandon across us,Carson and Nadia on the one next to us,leaving Lauren and an empty spot for Hayden on our right.