+ just friends

r e a d e r

"What should I do, Maya?",I asked my best friend who was sitting cross legged on my bed.

    "You should tell him.",she said. "You should tell Johnny about your feelings."

I shook my head.

    "What if he rejects me? Or doesn't feel the same way about me?",I rambled.

"Y/N! Quit rambling. He can't reject you. You are special, honey. And maybe he feels the same way about you.", she assured.

   "Maybe....", I trailed off.

Just then,I received a call.

    Calling-John-bon🐼

  "it's him.", I told Maya. "Answer!", she replied.

I slid the answer button.

   "Johnny?",I asked. "Y/N!Can you meet me in some time? By the lake? It's important.", he said through the line.

  I smiled wide.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me before saying yes and hanging up.

   "He wants to meet me! He said its important!", I hurriedly told Maya.

"Hurry up and get ready! He must be wanting to tell you the exact same thing you've wanted to!", she squealed.

   I threw on a hoodie and some jeans since it was cloudy as well as cold outside.

"Alright,I'm going.", I said while fixing the red beanie on my head. "Wish me luck!"

   "Good luck, Y/N. You got this.", she said before shooing me out.

I smiled every time I thought of Johnny and I, together.

   I was soon near the lake.

I saw Johnny standing there. He was murmuring something while rubbing his cheeks.

   He turned around and saw me.

This is it. It's my moment.

    I started running towards him as he did the same.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist.

    "I love you. I love you so much. I've liked you ever since my eyes landed on you. I was just afraid to tell you. But I've finally had the balls to say it to you.", as soon as these words escaped his mouth,I thanked the Lord.

   I smiled so wide, I could feel my face get red.

He pulled away from the hug.

  He looked at me in the eyes. Those beautiful green eyes.

     Before I could say anything else,he opened his mouth so say something.

"Will you be mine,",he paused. "Natalie?"

     Natalie.

Natalie?

    "W-what?", I asked hoping I misheard the name.

"Its perfect, isn't it?", he asked with a beautiful smile plastered on his face.

   "I've been planning to ask Natalie out since a week. And now,I'm gonna do it.", he said happily.

I was speechless. The guard that I let down when he said those beautiful words was now all chained up again.

   Natalie is the one he loves.

  Not me.

      I was right. There was no 'maybe.'

It was a no. It is.

  Without even asking him,I got my answer.

  Tears dwelled up in my eyes, threatening to spill. The feelings screamed, the heart pounded, but the brain said no.

    "Y/N?", Johnny said bringing me back to reality.

"Y-yeah?", I asked.

   "Should I tell her? "What if she rejects me? Or doesn't feel the same way about me?", he said with sadness in eyes.

"What if he rejects me? Or doesn't feel the same way about me?",I rambled.

He doesn't,screamed something inside me.

   "She won't,John. You're special. And maybe she feels the same way about you?", I quoted Maya with the best fake and joyous smile I could plaster on my face.

     "And if she doesn't, she's stupid enough to miss out on someone as precious as you. Not everyone gets to look into those mesmerising green eyes, to kiss those soft lips, to cuddle up with you and so many more things.", I said, sadness laced in my voice.

   All these things were something I wanted to do with Johnny. But if he was going to be happy with Natalie,I was fine with it.

      "Thank you, Y/N. You are the best best friend.", he said.

  Best friend.

      He ran away happily.

I just stood there. The ringing of my phone interrupted me.

Calling- Maya💓

     I answered. "Hello?", I heard her voice.

"You were wrong. So was I.", I said before hanging up.

     I switched off my phone.

I sat by the lake and let the tears flow. One thing. That was all I asked for. Him.

     And now I'm here sitting and sobbing over the only guy I like.

       It's going to rain all night.

●○●

Hey everyone! So this is a sad one. Comment for a second part if you want it👀