+ "lead you on."

HEY MY LOVES!
here i am,back from my mid terms and to give you amazing imagines :)

this one is extra longgg

iloveyouall

reader°

"bye,Carl!"

after waving bye to my co-worker,I walked over to the kitchen of the cafe I worked at,a smile dancing on my lips as I grabbed my duffle bag and walked over to the bathroom for the staff.

It had been around three weeks since Johnny and I had had some quality time together. so today,I set up some dinner I cooked here with Carl's help,as a small date we could have now that my shift was over.

my manager agreed on letting the two of us spend some time here after closing the cafe,promising him that we'd look after the place while we were at it.

thinking about how distant he'd become with me lately pained me. so to get past that,I told him the day before about my plan. seeming hesitant at first,he agreed later.

All he said was,"Huh?Sure."

I ignored it and focused on how I wanted to do something for him,letting his uncertainty of this little date slip away.

The reason for me to decide on this was because I felt like I was doing something wrong. I felt as if I was missing something,since nowadays Johnny would hang out with Hayden and his other friends more than me. He'd often stay over at their place,claiming all the boys were having a sleepover.

and whenever I pleaded for him to come home,he'd bring one of his friends with him,crushing any hope of happiness because of our alone time. His friends were the sweetest,no doubt,and I didn't mind them coming over at all.

But all I wanted was some time with my boyfriend and to make up for anything wrong that I did that has been making him keep his distance from me.

After brushing my hair and fixing my casual knee length dress,I smiled at myself in the mirror.

I texted my manager,telling him that we had a good day at work and that Johnny would be here soon. He replied soon,telling me to have a good time.

I put my phone down and began placing the dishes on one of the center tables. It wasn't fancy,just typical pasta with sauce,two cups filled with his favourite drink and a small candle sitting in the very middle of it all. As I was putting the dessert,which was a three storied cup cake pyramid,I waited for Johnny.

It was almost time for him to come.

I waited by the door,not being able to control my excitement. he'd be so happy,I hope. About ten to fifteen minutes passed by,I retreated back to the table to grab my phone and call him,asking him where he was.

As I unlocked my phone,I noticed a text from Johnny. Cursing myself for keeping it on silent,I slid the icon and opened the text.

The smile I had on etched into a frown.

john<3

i'm sorry,y/n,i won't be able to make it.

I swallowed the lump in my throat,reading the text over and over again. What happened all of a sudden? An emergency,maybe? no hi or hey,just a plain cancellation of something I'd been planning since two days,something he agreed to.

licking my lips,I dialed his number and held the phone to my ear. he did not pick up at first and answered my second call.

"yes?"