+ karma

r e a d e r

"I'm sorry, Tim.", I said to the blonde guy sitting in front of me.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

He nodded.

I sighed too. "Look,you're a great friend of mine. And I don't want to lose you just because of this."

I reached out for his hand and rested mine on top of it.

"Trust me, I know how it feels to watch the person you love go away.", I said with my eyes on him.

"Just know that I'm here for you, okay? Whenever you need me."

Finally, after the whole conversation, Tim looked at me in the eye.

"It's okay,Y/N.", he said with a slight smile. "I'm here for you too, and I respect your decision. I just had to let you know. Now that I've let it all out,a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

Just then, my phone beeped.

Kenz💞- My house in 10. Exciting news. Hurry up:)

I put the device back in my pocket and looked at Tim one last time.

"I have to go. Thank you,and I'm sorry.",I said before standing up from my seat and giving him a hug.

As I exited the cafe, a soft breeze blew.

I wonder what Kenzie has to tell me.

I got in my car and started it. While driving, all I could think of was what just happened.

Tim,my friend from the last two years, had called me to get some coffee.

As the order reached our table,a smile formed on my lips.

Two intertwined hearts were in it, it was cute.

Unsure of what was going on, I looked at him.

And the unexpected happened.

He confessed his feelings for me. I was mentally shaken. I never thought he'd ever like me,I've been with him for 2 years.

All he did was rant about some girl who he thought was perfect, beautiful etc. Or sometimes,he'd compliment others, while passing me a cheeky grin.

Considering it as normal,I did what every other friend would do. I kept on convincing him to tell that girl about how he feels.

And it turned out to be me.

Ironic isn't it?

I got out of the car after parking it in Kenzie's driveway.

As soon as I got in, I was bombarded with hugs by Kenzie,Lauren, Ruby, Nadia and Brynn.

"Woah, girls. Lemme breathe.", I said while giggling.

They all looked like they just ran a marathon and had willingly competed for the first position.

"Okay, what's going on?", I asked, trying to find a hint of mischief behind their grins.