+ will you?

t h i r d   p e r s o n

You looked at the children playing on slides and running around here and there as you yourself sat on one of the swings.

You smiled as a memory came to your mind.

When you and Johnny, your best friend, were six years old, you loved coming to the park.

One afternoon he was pushing the swing as you sat on it and said, "I'm a butterfly!"

"A pretty one.", Johnny said in is cute little voice.

"Y/N,we'll be gillfriend and ballfriend when we grow up.", he said as he put his little elbows on the table and leaned closer.

"It's girlfriend and boyfriend, dumbo.", you giggled.

Even though he said that, it wasn't true. Not yet. The two of you had just been friends, best friends.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you felt something lick your foot.

You looked down to see a white maltese puppy.

"Hey buddy.", you said softly as you lifted the puppy in your hands.

You looked at the note haround his neck. You untied the string that was used to attach the note. You looked at the name tag that hung around its neck.

Bentley, it said.

"Benny, it's you.", you said as you placed him on your lap and opened the note.

Will you...., it said.

You recognised the handwriting and immediately looked up.

You saw Johnny standing there with a stuffed toy in his left  hand.

You kept Bentley down and walked towards him. You held up the note. "What's this?", you asked nervously.

"Be the lilo to my stich?", he asked as he held up a stuffed stitch.

You giggled at his cuteness and nodded.

"Yes!", you answered as you wrapped your arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"This was the best way to ask someone. ", you said still not breaking the hug.

"I know.",he replied as you giggled.

You felt something moving.

"Benny, no.", Johnny said to Bentley who was trying to snatch the stuffed toy out of Johnny's hands.

You giggled.