+ leave

damn,i'd take that

damn,i'd take that. yum.

____________________

r e a d e r

"you got this,"

taking in a deep breath,i pushed open the doors of the studio. i looked around,taking in the plush surroundings. i'd been here before,once or twice,with darian and johnny for one of johnny's recording sessions.

sheepishly walking over to the desk,i waved at carla clumsily,being careful not to drop anything in my arms.

she rose her eyebrows amusingly,smiling as she said,"hey!" putting her glasses down,she leaned her elbows on the table and smirked,"so,who's all this for?"

"umm. . .no one?",i shrugged,a sheepish smile on my lips. "oh,so you won't mind if i took one of the drinks,i'm parched anyway.",she teasingly grinned,already catching up on my lie. i giggled,"ok,ok. so i might be planning on telling johnny how i feel about him?",i replied.

her grin widened,"knock yourself out,he's in the usual,writing i think." i nodded and waved again,"thank you!" as i neared the elevator i heard her call out an,"all the best!" i gave her a smile before the doors closed,pressing the button to the floor johnny would usually record on.

stepping out,i glanced around the hallway,not hearing a sound as it was empty. there were a few other rooms running along the corridor too,but my feet knew very well where i had to go.

as i stood outside the door,i mentally revised my small plan.

starbucks with one of the cups having my name,while the other had,"be mine? ",on it. since i was too much of a coward to voice out everything i felt for him,i wrote him a letter to express it all. i made sure not to make it cheesy or cringey,reading through multiple times and smiling at how i was proud of it.

opening the door,i took in another nervous breath and walked in with shut eyes. when i heard no voices or any sound,i peeked through one eye and opened both when i saw no one.

maybe he was taking a break?

debating on whether to wait outside or in here itself,i settled on waiting in here. as i settled down the drinks next to an open notepad and some papers lying around messily on the black marble,along with the enveloped letter,then proceeding to lean against it.

and soon,i had wondered off in my own thoughts. johnny and i had been friends for a few years now,and with each one passing by it was getting harder to curb or deny my feelings for him. i liked him,a lot. maybe even a little too over just liking him,but i wasn't sure if it was time for the 'L' word yet.

i remembered all those times we'd casually hold hands when no one was around,sometimes unknowingly doing so even in someone else's presence. how he'd always have his arm around my shoulder whenever we'd be in a crowded place. how we'd just look at one another for longer than intended. all this meant so much to me,it was everything for me. and all along,i just hoped for him to feel the same way.

all the butterflies,the zoo that'd parade in my stomach everytime he did something to make me nervous or blush. all those cliché sparks i'd get whenever he touched me in any way possible.

my trail of thoughts was interrupted when the door jiggled before opening. iwas caught off guard,making me gasp and jump lightly.

johnny walked in,talking and smiling. on seeing him,i broke out into a nervous,yet fond smile as well. but it was replaced by the smallest frown when he held the door open,making way for a girl to walk in.

she was gorgeous,tall height and slim body,a toothy smile on her lips too. i'd seen her on instagram a few times,and if i wasn't wrong she modelled for clothing brands.

when their eyes landed on me,their smiles faded into confusion. johnny recovered quickly,grinning a little,"hey,y/n! i didn't know you were coming." i tried to smile,but failed,"yeah. . .i--i was just passing by.",i gulped nervously. he nodded,"well,since you're here,i'd like you to meet aelin.",he smiled down at her.

i felt a pang in my chest at how warmly he did that.

"hey,y/n! its so great to see you,johnny mentioned you a few times,all bubbly while he was at it.",she smiled wide,seeming genuinely sweet.

i couldn't focus on what she was saying,i was too busy trying to figure out why she was here. were they going to be in here alone? when did they meet? did johnny like her? they seem pretty close,could they be dating? she's perfect for all i can see,there's definitely nothing not to like about her.

"y/n?",i was snapped out again. jumping once more,i gulped and started to back away,"i-i was just leaving. sorry for inter-",my back collided with the desk i was leaning on earlier,making the drinks drop all over,the liquid spilling on all the papers that lay on it.

my heart was thumping loudly,close to slamming out of place. drops of coffee lingered on the wooden floor,but my focus was on the papers that were now drenched in brown and pink. my head snapped over to johnny.

he stood there,shocked as he tried to process the scene in front of him. please don't tell me those were lyrics to his new songs. aelin stood behind him with wide eyes. johnny recovered in a few seconds,chest heaving
with. . .anger. he had to be furious,i his ruined all his hard work.

all of it.

he walked over to the desk,picking up the papers one by one. the way he was so calm,his jaw clenched,how he hadn't fumed out yet scared me. and i knew.

i messed up.

"j-john,i-i'm-",he cut me off,turning around as he glared at me,frustration seething through every part of him. it was obvious,so obvious that he was trying to control his anger towards me,and how he didn't want to even look at me.

"do not say anything,thank you for the load of extra hours at the studio.",he replied in a low tone. it made me shudder.

"i think you should leave."

tears pooled my eyes at those five words that escaped his mouth,laced with hatred. i couldn't blame him,it was my carelessness that caused this.

"aelin,could you call carla?",he looked at her. she nodded,"on it.",and before walking away,she sent me a sympathetic look.

"john--" "i told you to leave. and i won't repeat it." "b-but-",i tried again. "don't you get it!? i don't want you to be here. not after what you did. i cannot even look at you right now. so please,just leave."

tears flowed down,i reached my hand up to seal my mouth shut for any sobs to escape. "i'm sorry,",i whispered before bolting out the door.

this was it.

i blew what could've been my only chance. i messed it all up. i screwed it,i ruined everything that was so important to him. aelin. . . she's still with him. He's still with her. and if it wasn't for me,they would have been able to do whatever it was that they were planning on.

it hurt.

it all hurt so much.

i ran,ignoring the looks people gave me. i kept running,i didn't know where.

i needed to get away.

______________________

part 2?