+ different

last request that i had forgotten to do,oops.

request : AprilADiaz

●●●●

a l e x a

"alexa your order's up!"

glancing up from my phone,i noticed the lady at the pick-up counter looking around for me with my order held in hand. i strode over to her quickly,stuffing my cell in my pocket before reaching forward my arms.

"thank you,",i smiled as i circled my hands around the paper bag. she smiled,"come again!"

i turned around and walked over to the door of the cafe. before i could open it,i heard my name being said. confused,i glanced at the table where three girls sat,huddled close as they eyed me while whispering amongst themselves.

obviously,they were audible.

"isn't that alexa?",one of them whispered. "johnny's current girlfriend,yeah.",the second one answered.

nervousness crawled over me as i pretended to fiddle for something in my pocket just to stay longer to listen to what they had to say about me,or my relationship.

"her eyes are two coloured,very eek and weird if you ask me.",said the third. "i wonder what it's like for johnny to look into them,just to be staring at two contrasting colours,",they sniggered. "she looks sort of retarded,to be honest. i'd never be able look into them. i mean,what kind of a malfunction is that?",said the second again.

"her eyes are differently given,but lord knows what happened to johnny's thoughts when he chose her."

at that comment,i couldn't help the tears that brimmed my eyes. i quickly opened the door and rushed out,opening the car door and starting the engine before driving away.

it was saturday evening,i offered to go get johnny and i some snacks since he had been working all day. he insisted on coming,but i declined saying that he needed to shower while i drove to the nearest cafe.

we had been together for over three months now,and had announced it just a month before. one half of the fandom was very supportive of it,some of the other half kept their opinions to themselves while some made sure to throw hate around.

despite how johnny assured me that we were in this for ourselves and that others' thoughts didn't matter,i couldn't help but scroll through social media.

i had heterochromia. it meant having two different eye colours. i'd always been told that i was blessed with two beautiful colours,a calm blue with the other being hazel. at school,i was often teased by people saying that it looked out of place. but my friends and family always adored me for it,telling me that it was special.

but the hate on social media said otherwise. my eyes were often criticised,they were called cock-eyed. some pages said that looking into my eyes was like looking into two different girls' eyes. they even tweeted to johnny as to why he'd chosen me.

but some showed love as well,often calling them beautiful.

some said it was a blessing,while others called it a faulty failure.

but johnny taught me to look ahead of that,always telling me that if he were to chose one of my features,it'd be my eyes. he said that he could go hours and hours just staring deep into them,and that my eyes were on the top of the reasons why he fell for me.

opening the door to his apartment,i walked in. my eyes were close to red,since i couldn't stop my tears from flowing. i could hear the shower in one of the bedrooms,telling me that johnny was still in the shower.

i kept the paper bag on the counter,leaning against it as i let my thoughts cloud me one more time. my daze didn't let me notice a figure walk into the room.

"lex?"

i snapped my head up,only to be looking at johnny who stood there in just a pair of sweats with wet hair. he walked over to me,putting his hands on either sides of me and leaning forward,placing his tender lips on mine.

touching his forehead with mine,he smiled as i let his scent wash all over me.

"i missed you,",he pouted. "i was gone for less than forty five minutes,",i giggled. he pecked me again,"that's too long,"

i cupped his face,"uh huh." "seriously though,what took you so long?",he asked as he ruffled his hair. suddenly,the voices of the girls echoed in my ears as their comments rang in my head.

johnny noticed my sudden change in mood,his frown mirroring mine.

"alexa? lex,what's wrong?",he asked,concern dripping in his tone. i licked my lips before gnawing down on my bottom one. fiddling with my hands,i couldn't look up at him as my lips struggled to frame a response.

"do. . .are you--are you ashamed of me?"

this question seemed to have caught him off guard. his brows drew more in confusion before his facial expression changed. his playful side was soon kept aside.

"lex,tell me properly. did something happen? did you see someone while you were out who said something to you?"

tears brimmed the lower surface of my eyes.

"they--they don't want us t-together,",i sniffed. johnny's expression turned to worry now as he slid his hands around my hips and lifted me up,placing me on the counter as be stood between my legs.

"who doesn't,love?"

i looked up at him,fingers resting on his bare stomach. "you're fans don't like me. . .they don't--they hate my eyes."

"lex,who said so?",he demanded in an angry voice. i sighed,hating the fact that i was being such a cry baby over something so small. but what to do,it still stings. i shook my head and put on a smile,"nothing."

"alexa,either you tell me,or i go down to the cafe and look for the lot myself.",he was now very angry. not being able to stop myself,i wrapped my arms around his neck,pulling his shirtless being as close to me as possible as i buried my face in his neck. his arms immediately shot out to my waist,rubbing small circles.

i told him about the girls at the cafe,as well the hate pages and messages on my social profiles,all while sniffing and having my arms latched around his neck.

he pulled away slightly,hands reaching out to cup my cheeks and wipe my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"alexa,you are one of a kind. not just because of your beautifully unique eyes,but because of everything about you. you are all one could ask for,don't listen to anything otherwise. i love to bits,and i promise to do so with all of me. dont listen to bad mouths,they're just jealous that you have something uncommon.",he rested his lips on my forehead. i circled my fingers around his wrists,shutting my eyes and soaking his words in.

he's right. i have nothing to be ashamed of,ive got nothing to hide.

"hey john?",i mumbled. "hmm?",he hummed. "you know,i have what not many others do." i felt him smile,"you sure do,and like i say,i look into those colours for hours," i wrapped my arms around his torso,resting my cheek on his chest.

"i wasn't just talking about my eyes."

~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~

GUYS. JUST IMAGINE.

A SHIRTLESS JOHNNY. A WARM HUG.

TWO THINGS THAT GO TOGETHER PERFECTLY but are fictional.

:):