+ euphoria. 3

hello, world.
nothing feels better than being back for real <3

here's to all of you who stayed!

★ ⸻ ☾ ⸻ ★

★ ⸻ ☾ ⸻ ★

:) reader.

I tossed the day's weight into my locker on a snug Wednesday, relieving my shoulders of a burden far too sad for any school kid. I had successfully blinked my way through every class, but this last one was going to be considerably tough owing to Mr. Harris's interactive nature. However, the moment I shut my locker after grabbing the necessary books, I knew that there was another reason why the next hour would be testing, for it was looking right through me the moment our eyes locked.

I couldn't tell if it was the jolt of my pulse that echoed in my startled mind or the weight of his gaze that tickled my chest.

Whatever it was, I did not want to fight it, so I backtracked. Breaking contact, I took a step behind and turned my back to the crowd that stood between Johnny and me, tearing myself away and fading further into the distance. My eyes itched for a single glance over my shoulder at the boy who stood with his friends, but I plunged any such wish deeper down my throat, knowing that I had to see him in a few minutes for the class we shared.

All I could think of was if he had forgotten to show up at the library yesterday or if he had simply bailed.

Mr. Harris greeted me with a smile when I stepped through the door, one that I returned. There were hardly any people in class given how there the final bell was still to scream, but they were lucky enough to have snagged every seat by the window. Suppressing a groan at how the golden row was now lost, I trudged to the back.

Dropping my bag, I slumped down in my seat with a hushed huff, bringing my hands up to rub the drowsiness from my eyes. I let my palms slap the desk softly, blinking to adjust my foggy sight that was focused on the door, every action of mine screeching to a halt when a familiar figure of all things alien blocked it.

Johnny's steady stare traveled around the room, more vacant than occupied as it stood. I watched hesitantly yet shamelessly how unearthly he looked in a setting as bland as a classroom, adorning it with every bit of his being.

His gaze never faltered, not even when it found me looking right back at him.

I felt a punch to my chest where I had felt a tickle the last time I had seen him, it amazed me how the same person could make you feel two things at once.

Before I knew it, Johnny was dodging the growing crowd to head straight to where I was. Once again, I crawled out of the void his flustering stare had plunged me into, investing the broken bits of my focus elsewhere. Whatever tangle my mind was in, it only intensified when the boy sat in the seat right next to mine, leaving only an arm's distance between us. I could still feel his eyes on me.