+ lacrosse

hello,my updates will be slower because of upcoming tests. requesters please deal with me,i love you all.

requested: TealaMeyer

• • • • •

"but these delinquents are enough for
me!"

coach Weber ignored my constant groaning and complaints,continuing to gather his scattered belongings from the stinky room. the boys' changing room,of course.

"don't worry,Teala. he won't be a disappointment.",he assured.

"but training him in such a less time is close to impossible! the match is in two and a half weeks.",i folded my arms. pulling his sling over his head,he chuckled,"you haven't met him yet. he could win without practising for months."

"how are you so confident about him?",i shrugged. "because,this isn't a random new student we're talking about. you'll have to be patient,Teala. he's a storm,his game thunder. he'll be here tomorrow.",coach answered yet so proudly and confidently.

before walking out the door,he turned around,"you coming down here isn't safe." i huffed,"those boys can't touch a hair on my body." he widened his eyes,half chuckling,"for the boys,i meant."

~ ¤ ~

i lay wide awake on my bed,replaying coach Weber's information in my head.

a new student,who according to him wasn't so new,was trying out for lacrosse first line tomorrow. there was one spot left,since the ones already in the team who hadn't made it,were to try out tomorrow as well.

why was i so bothered?

because i'm the assistant coach.

not being the pinky pink girl,i despised everything that spoke shy and girly. so i walked over to coach Weber,wanting to do something in sports. when he offered,i turned down the regular curriculum,requesting for more.

he tested me after school,in my very favourite sport. lacrosse. he was very impressed by my play,offering me to train with the boys everyday. two months later,he made me his assistant. i trained the team regularly,having coach next to me to correct my wrongs.

i wasn't easy on the boys. i drained all their energy into training,preparing them for the worst. i knew how to control a huddle of half massed brains.

so this incoming new guy bothered me,his unseen impression disturbing me. there was no way i could train him in a span of two and a half weeks to face the Xaviers who had been defeating us repeatedly.

i can't wait to see what coach has in store.

~ ¤ ~

"you need a break,to be honest."

shaking my head as a reply to my friend's comment,i rubbed my temples. school was out,only the teams were to stay back for practice.

"well,i better go. good luck with the new boy,go for him if he's cute!",she squealed,turning on her heel as i playfully rolled my eyes. "or even better,save him for me!" laughing at her,i made my way over to the girls' locker room. i changed into some gym clothes,making my way over to the field.

there the boys were,crowded in front of coach Weber. i rubbed my sleepy eyes,my lacrosse stick held in my hand as i made my way over to them. they waved,coach Weber turned around and smiled,"he's here."

"you're all about him since yesterday like he's Beyonce,",i groaned,earning a laugh from coach.

he then glanced behind me,excusing himself. i didn't bother to turn around to look,instructing the boys to start training. they listened and got in position. footsteps caught our attention a little while later.

coach stood there,his hand on the shoulder of the boy standing next to him. i know i wasn't one of those 'omg cuteness alert' but this presence in front of me was enough to turn me against my promises.

dirty blonde hair left attractively messy,green eyes shining in the sunlight,height tall and built slim,a little close to bulky. wearing a grey tee and black sweats,he scanned everyone that was sprawled unevenly on the ground,his eyes landing on me.

coach's voice snapped me out of my daze,his further words putting me through surprise.

"team,meet Vincent. ex captain of our team for two continuous years."

~ ¤ ~

part 2 sOoN