+ new girl. 12

took extra extra extra long!
woops,i apologise :(

note - my updates will be slower than they already are because of upcoming tests,i don't like it either :/

love you all

_________________

happy belated birthday to my bean,i don't think i'll ever get over the fact that he's 17 already — a year till he's an adult! :(:

_________________

reader :)

I scribbled down an incorrect solution to the last equation on the sheet,not having the time to rack my brains for an accurate answer,hurriedly arranging the booklet as I heard Mr.Lane's voice call from his desk.

As he passed the desks in front of me after collecting their pop quiz,I held mine out for him to take.

Letting out a sigh of relief — not because I was extremely confident about getting all answers right,but because it was over — I packed my stuff and risked a glance to my right,trying my best to keep it secret.

Resting his arms behind his head,back leaning against his seat was Johnny,looking bemused as he handed his sheet to Mr.Lane.

Mr.Lane had decided to give us a pop quiz today. It wasn't bad but it wasn't entirely good either — unlike when Johnny would tutor me — but I was sure of getting a decent grade if not a perfect A.

I realised I'd been looking at Johnny for longer than intended because his eyes snapped in my direction.

My breath caught in my throat when he untangled his arms from behind his head and leaned forward,his hands clasping around each other as his eyes held challenge — but there was something else in the way he was looking at me,it reminded me of when I saw him by the bleachers on my very first day here.

I gulped,the weight of his gaze was just a brink close to bringing me down.

So I was thankful when I felt a tap on my shoulder,making me tear my eyes away from the green eyed boy,missing the scowl that etched on his face when I turned around to look at a grinning Connor.

"How was it?",he asked,referring to the test.

I shrugged,"Not as bad,I'll scrape through with a B,at least I'm counting on it.",I added with an unsure smile.