He just looked at me with a frown for a couple of seconds. I was about to react but I felt a fist collide with the side of my jaw.

"What the fuck,",I hissed out,swiping the back of my hand against my lips.

"I'd warned you before,if you say anything like that - like I didn't want you around - I was going to seriously punch you. You're fucking lucky that I went easy on you,",Asher said with seriousness in his tone.

"You're wasting your time,Asher. Look at you,you have to keep worrying about me every fucking day,that's not how you should live.",I told him with a clenched jaw,"You're letting your worry for me hold you back. Stop doing that,I'm ok,I always am."

"I'll worry about you every damn second of the day if I have to,alright? You're my best friend,for fuck's sake. Stop being an asshole to yourself.",Asher's voice was irritatingly calm.

"Why did you come here?",I changed the subject. "Partly to punch you because you ditched school without telling me,and mostly to ask about what happened between you and y/n in school yesterday." Asher didn't know about what had happened,I didn't want to tell him since it wasn't something I'd want to boast about.

"Nothing.",I bluntly replied.

"So not only did you tell y/n to practically fuck off,but you're not even feeling bad about it. Alright,that works,",Asher shrugged. "What do you mean?",I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing,just that she won't be a burden anymore.",Asher stretched his arms lazily. "So she was a fucking burden to you?",I barked out.

"Did I she was a burden to me?",he challenged,"I mean come on,you didn't like having her around anyway. Now she won't step foot near you because you cleared it out with her that you hate having her around,so you don't have to deal with her anymore."

"You think I wanted to do it?",I said through gritted teeth. Asher waited for a few seconds before responding with a small smirk.

"Now that you've confessed that you didn't want to,why did you?"

My eyes widened a little when I registered his words,not even being aware that I'd let slip the fact that I had not fully wanted to treat y/n like a total dickhead.

"You asshole,don't use that stupid trick of yours on me again,get it?",I growled at him.

Asher chuckled,"We'll see about that."

I threw a pillow at him,glaring when he caught it and threw it back. "We aren't girls to have a damn pillow fight,grow up.",I huffed. He snickered and shook his head,his grin fading as his features pulled on a serious look.

"Why are doing this? What's so bad about letting her in?",he asked me.

"Exactly that,Asher. You don't understand,she doesn't deserve the fucking darkness I let myself fall into everyday,",I answered,trying to keep my voice neutral.

"You don't get it,do you?",his voice came out low and soft. "Get what?",I snapped.

"She's not falling into your darkness,Johnny. If anything at all,she's embracing it. You have to let her,it's her choice.",he replied. "That makes no sense,Asher.",I shook my head.

"I might be wrong,but I don't recall you getting into any fights ever since you two started hanging out,",he replied.

"We don't hangout,",I bluntly replied. "Fine,ever since you guys met. Now will you shut up and listen to me? And will you,for the next few minutes,not tell yourself that you're a bad person who doesn't deserve happiness?",his voice came out firm.