It made me sad,I knew that there was a lot bothering him. I could read people just enough to know when something was bothering them,and Johnny was the toughest to figure out. He always had a dead face on,his statements were emotionless and dull,it was as if everything he did exhausted him,like he had to pull himself together to face a day.

I hadn't seen him around today,my first guess was that he was avoiding me. But when I saw Asher walking down the halls without his best friend by his side,I was convinced that Johnny had skipped school. I hadn't seen him outside Ms.Jillian's office like I should've either.

It was worrying me,I wanted to text him to know if he was alright. But I knew he wouldn't want to deal with me right now,so I tried to tell myself that he had Asher incase he needed someone.

I chucked painfully at that as I left my bike by the garage and entered my house through the back door. I didn't know anything about Johnny's family,but at least he had Asher by his side no matter what.

How funny was it that someone who didn't want help had it while someone who was silently hoping for it,didn't.

But I knew this,Johnny needed it more than me because he was way more reckless than I was. I knew when and where to stop,but it scared me how pain lulled Johnny in to harm himself - mentally and physically.

_______________

johnny :)

I lay face planted on my bed,my body tired and motionless after all the training I'd done today,my knuckles felt sore and my arms ached badly,but it satisfied me just as much as it hurt me. I'd gotten out of the shower a few minutes ago,having washed off all the blood on my knuckles and relaxed under the cold water after sweaty hours of boxing.

I was a pinch away from drifting off to sleep when the door to my room slammed open,making me groan as I got ready to tell my sister,plural maybe,to get out.

"Its a cold night,you're going to fall sick if you don't wear a shirt."

"Go away,Asher. I'm not in the mood,",I said into my pillow,not bothering to look up when I heard the door to my room close. I shifted my face slightly and peeked an eye open to sneak a glance to check if he had left,but I let out a groan when I felt a pillow hit my naked back.

"What the hell do you want?",I grunted out,flipping on my back and sitting up,my eyes squinting to see Asher standing at the foot of my bed with his arms crossed,a not so happy look on his face.

He uncrossed his arms and lifted his hands to form air-quotes with his fingers,"Johnny finally moved on from his fuck with that loser after telling her to get the fuck away from him yesterday."

My brows furrowed at that,"What are you talking about?"

"This is what everyone at school was saying today. What the hell did you do and why were you not at school today?",Asher tried to keep his voice steady,I could see how angry he was.

"They just needed some gossip to fuck around with,they'll get over it tomorrow,",I shrugged.

Asher didn't look away,his eyes burning through me.

"I was tired,ok? I didn't come to school because I didn't fucking want to.",I snapped at him. There was silence for a few heartbeats before my best friend sighed and walked over to the side of my bed,sitting at an arm's length from me.

"I thought,",he paused and rubbed his face,"I thought you'd done something,that something bad had happened."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you by not giving you the good riddance that you deserve,but I didn't try anything.",I smirked at him,pushing down the tug in my chest that arose from the fact that Asher thought I'd harmed myself.