83 Preparing for the Eruption

Preparations for the battle at Pompeii.
Neutral Dimension
Soldiers Field - Arcadia
February 16th
0953 AM
[Tater fed by Livewire plays on Radio in Snipers tent]

[POV of Jay]

The snipers here were good, our Americans were Chris Kyle and Carlos Hatcock, the Russians were Vasily Zaitsev and Roza Shanina, our Finnish sniper Simo Hayha... there were others but they were less notable. A man in a tan uniform came into the tent, he stopped infront of me.

Gunny Sergeant Winduse: We require your aide at the firing range. You will be with your friend Skull.
Me (Jay): alright, see you guys later.
Carlos Hatcock: they pick the least accurate man to go to the firing range *chuckle*.
Chris Kyle and Zaitsev: *chuckles*

I then hopped into the Ford GPW as the hod Rodding Lieutenant Cofferville, a Confederate soldier, launched the thing. I have never went through a military base at 65 miles an Hour... but I can't say I haven't tomorrow. We got onto the range where weapons lay on a table under a tarp. Boards lay ontop of the muddy ground which opened to a large window that had targets setting out to about 500 Yards away. There was ammo cans and ammo crates stacked ontop of four pallets. We walked towards the tarp where we met a overweight man in a disheveled WW2 British commando unifrom.

Gunny SGT Winduse: this slob is Master at Armament, Rudolf Bill Fully.
Rudy: You lads *hiccup* can call me Rudy...
Gunny SGT Winduse: Are You Drunk?
Rudy: Piss off you bloody twat, I haven't an ounce a sleep in three days.
Gunny SGT Winduse: I would put you on report... but you are my superior... even though I am a goddamn Soldier of U.S. Marines.
Rudy: Bugger off, I have some shooting that ruddy needs doing. These Lads u'll do swell, now where did *hiccup* did I leave me damn folder.
Gunny SGT Winduse: it is in you're hand sir...
Rudy: I knew that ye cunt, I was testing you... get, go... begone ya crayon munching cunt.
Gunny SGT Winduse: Yeah, whatever...
Rudy: You, creepy one with the murder fetish... grab that double barreled shot gun. And you... clean uniform, grab that wierd electric gun.

I grabbed the Railgun from the table, I never thought I would hold one of these. This thing was heavy, yet looked epic.

Rudy: all righty then, genocide guy... grab the shells from this box and load up.
Skull: this says 8 gauge...
Rudy: yeah, load up...
Skull: this could blow up the gun and kill me...
Rudy: yeh...
Skull: Awesome!
Rudy: aim at that stack of gelatin blocks and shoot when ready.

Skull loaded the shotgun and fired, the recoil of the shotgun knocked him flat on his ass. Rudy wrote on a list, he then looked over and didn't see Skull, he then looked down.

Rudy: heavens boy *hiccup* loose your balance?
Skull: write down that this thing has some Recoil.
Rudy: Right 'O, now shoot that Large Paper target so we can see the spread. It is set at 75 yards.

He then aimed the 30 inch barrel of the large shotgun at the paper target. He fired the gun which knocked him down again, the peppering from the shell filled the target... yet held a fairly tight pattern.

Skull: That recoil sucks... I LOVE IT!

Skull layed the shotgun on the table and smirked as the Overweight British Officer retrieved a flask from his breast pocket and took a large drink.

Rudy: you, spit polish, come here.
Me (Jay): what do I shoot?
Rudy: You see that there... that is a life-like target that replicates skin and blood. Shoot that.
Me (Jay): alright...

I aimed the railgun at the target, and squeezed the trigger slowly. A number holographically apeared on the floating sights, It started to Count up. I then waited until it hit 100 and fired, the blue beam emerged from the guns barrel and the glowing red strip hit the target. The target showed the light from the other side, a hold perfectly round with melted edges was exposed.

Skull: Immediate cauterization... hmm?
Me (Jay): the veins of the body were Black as the blood had boiled and blue streaks run from the hole which means it still had an electrical punch.
Rudy: The ruddy weapon of the future... Now Skull face... *hiccup* grab that double barreled Rifle.

Skull grabbed the large rifle, it's weight was apparent as his arms strained to keep it up. Rudy then handed him to large cartridges that looked like they barely fit in his hand.

Rudy: this is a .700 Nitro Express, I am giving you one round for this gun.
Skull: Why?
Rudy: this gun's recoil with crack your collar bone.

Skull pulled the gun to his shoulder and waited for what he was instructed to shoot at.

Rudy: aim at the target with the metal plate, under the quarter inch of steel is a block of gel. He then shot the target, the target rang as bullet went through the plate steel and the block of gel. I looked over at Skull to see him wincing in pain, I seen him pull the gun out of the crater it left in his arm and lay it on the table. I went over to him to see his collar bone clearly broken and sticking slightly up so that it was spottable. Rudy then layed his clipboard down and took the gun back to the table after ejecting the shell and putting it in his pocket. I then popped the bone back into Skull's arm.

Skull: well, that was fun, CAN I DO IT AGAIN!
Rudy: No dear boy, get some rest before I take ya to the infirmary. Marksman Pharoe, go back with your division, me lad, ye be dismissed.

I walked away from the odd situation scratching my head.