Backstories 8 (I)

[POV of NM]
500 some-odd years ago
March 17th (St. Patrick's day)
07:30
[The wild Rover by Dropkick Murphys plays on car radio]

I got out of my 1972 Ford Mustang, with a tear rolling down my cheek I threw the wool tarp over it, then I popped the car into Neutral and pushed it into the narrow Garage. The car filled with momentous of my real life, things that held my past close to me. I then closed the Five-inch-thick wooden garage doors. I pushed the five latches and locked them all with pad-locks... it was the only way to protect my past. I walked into the station to Columbia... the city needed a new name, like arcadia or something. I rode the gondolla up, I pulled the collar up on my leather jacket as the breeze ran through my jeans and got caught in my western boots. I drew the 1911A1 from my heavily used leather thigh holster, the Blued gun shined in the moon lit sky. I was assigned by RHB to create a military base up here, so far I had a couple of badass guerilla squads that I called the 'Rocksville Rockers.' The games started three hundred years ago as fun-&-games... but now there was going to be a skirmish with Radian... mostly because Radian wanted some information about lost civilizations and how they were successful and how they failed, but RHB told Radian to operate his futuristic city the way he was told. Problem was Radian was a strait-up socialist rebel and wanted things his way... he took a perfectly working cyberpunk city and made it a Cassettepunk mess, I mean there are punks in the streets and videogamers trying to build the next best VR game... when technology has been reverting in certain aspects. It somehow works... but in a way that everything is holding on by a string, and that is Radian, with him gone... the Dimension would collapse under its own anarchy. Anyways, I have to build up a massive military with members of former militarys who are still waiting to fight, mostly I pick warfighters whom have recently died, but occasionally I rip characters from movies, games, books, and other odd things... I mean for Godsakes I am supposed to get Doom, Halo, and Power Armoured Marines for special divisions, and Pyromaniacs, Machine gunners, and explosive junkies for another. This task is not going to be easy... but I have promoted to Commander and Chief of the Military, and I will have the help of CI's Spooks with the allowance of Richard Marcinko, and RHB's private Military forces such as the Marine Raiders from WW2, and the New Rough Riders. I walked through the streets of the war torn city, its' inhabitants Dimensionally shifted (they were thrown out of their Dimension and put somewhere in the land of the lost [Not the show or movie]), I saw a massive floating ruin, the buildings looked like they had been shelled and it was in need of TLC. I then found the Hall of Heroes and its destroyed grounds, I had them pushed together (via zepplins) and connected with gondola lines. The ruins were cleared and certain buildings were patched up, I then used the materials and rebuilt what was needed in brick and made the rest a landing strip and quonset huts layed the rest of the grounds, for the messed up parts I had covered with Marson Mats.
[200 years Later]
I so far have built up an Army of 10 Million soldiers, an Air Force of 16 thousand, and a Navy of about 6 thousand. We also had a combined 50 thousand Special forces and Black Ops troops. Our weapons budget was... well... four bricks of Gold per man, and we trained daily which costed another three bricks monthly... at this point we don't even pay for our activities anymore. Every man is assigned a duty, infact, about 3.5 million men in my Army never see combat, they are the cooks, cleaners, reloader, armourers, mechanics, carpenters, staff, drivers, engineers, retrieval, recruiters, electicians, battle planers, radio operators, stuff I can't remember why they do that, dude that just stares at a map, coffee runners, etc.
[5 years Later]
Take the numbers I said previously... and double them... I really need to do some budgeting... CI is getting pretty mad about his payments and JW is wondering where the tax money is going... frankly... I don't even know where it is going.