42 Sad but true (I)

THIS CHAPTER IS AN IMPORTANT TURNING POINT!

American Revolution (alternative dimension #576)
Germantown, Pennsylvania
October, 4th, 1777
[1200 AM]

[POV of Jason]

Mad Jack looked towards me to say something, when he did there was a loud boom. A cannon ball then whizzed by and chunks of busted brick peppered me. Mad Jack flinched hard, stumbled forward, and fell down. The left side of his body was bleeding heavily, His breathing was also off balance. The team then ran up in haste, they then picked him up. We teleported back to the Neutral Demension.

Neutral Demension
Winter
[1100 AM]

We hustled through the Bar with Mad Jack, his blood was coming out in pulses. I then poured clotting powder on his wound but blood was still coming out fast. We tried to start his station wagon but the engine was too cold, we then got into Buddy's truck and carpeted it towards the doctors office. I injected morphine into Mad Jack's gashed leg, Skull and Jay were trying to keep him alive. A man in a trench coat and fadora jumped into the back of the truck, he had a med kit in hand. He pulled out a blood pack and checked Mad Jack's dog tag, the man then shoved the bloodpack's needle into Mad Jack's arm. The man looked at us and pulled the scarf off of his mouth, he looked Like Mad Jack.

Regulator: Name's NM.

We then dragged Mad Jack out of the truck and into the hospital, we then got him to a stretcher and into the hospital. We got into the room and a skinny man ran in, he immediately started patching Mad Jack up. He told us to leave, NM followed us. We all talked and changed back into regular clothes. The doctor walked out of the room and told us could come in.

Me (Jason): thank you Doctor...
Doctor: Doss, Doctor Desmond Doss. Come back if you need anything.
Me (Jason): I will be sure to do that.

Mad Jack looked good, and his stitches were tightly patterned. The blood had also been washed off of him, He was resting. Doss then called me out of the room.

Dr. Doss: You the leader of this regiment?
Me (Jason): Yes sir.
Dr. Doss: hate to tell you this, but Mr. Redmun will no longer have the ability to act in harsh combat conditions. His lung had to be fixed, he now has a quarter less of the air he would usually breath. His leg had serious nerve damage and his muscles need time to mend. In other cases... he is no longer fit for combat.
Me (Jason): will he be ok?
Dr. Doss: yes...
Me (Jason): that is all that matters. Thank you Doctor.
Dr. Doss: Good day.

I lost a soldier today, but we gained a weapons and militaria expert. That and his Girlfriend and dog will be happy. I had to break the news to Mad Jack, on this day we lost Mad Jack, but we got Jack Redmun. He was sad but only for a moment, I got on the phone with RHB and asked him if that TV carrer for Jack was still open, and he said yes. The next day Jack walked out of the hospital with a cane, but the was a skip in his step. RHB met me at the steps of the Inter-Demensional, he staired at me coldly with his left hand holding the other, and in his right hand was a 5 shot Iver Johnson.

RHB: so what do you have to say for yourself.
Me (Jason): Nothing...
RHB: I heard what happened.
Me (Jason): yeah, it's a shame...
RHB: you mean a blessing...
Me (Jason): why do you hate me so...

As I asked the question the air got colder, snow started to fall, and his shadow got longer. Steam came off the snow and made a light fog, my chest felt like it was boiling hot and I was sweating bullets. RHB's stair went strait through my sole, it was like staring at death... and I could not blink my eyes.

RHB: I hate you because you give nothing and consume everything. And in turn you leave a trail of pain... if not destruction.
Me (Jason): Sorr...
RHB: I don't want your apology, your words are empty and meaningless. The others were right, you are nothing but shell. I though I seen myself in you, but I was wrong.
Me (Jason): Get to the Fucking point then!
RHB: You will kill yourself and everyone around you for a game, the game is yet to be decided!

I threw the medallion at his feet, he looked down and he looked back up in anger.
[Sad but true by Metallica plays low in the background]

RHB: Kid, what you think you know is distorted.... If you continue down this path, you will find the darkest parts of the rabbit hole.
Me (Jason): Then you know what I want...
RHB: I care not what your wants are.... I will watch the undertaker plant you... personally....
Me (Jason): wouldn't want anything else.
RHB: Then you must start your journey here, and you must always watch your back.
Me (Jason): Where first?
RHB: The Chalet, a place where the souls are troubled... but warm. And if you hurt them... I... WILL... KILL... YOU...
Me (Jason): I'll be there at first light.
RHB: You have lost my trust, you can keep your room, but my amenities are going to be more stringent towards you, and you will always owe me.

I walked past the man, with his tan trenchcoat and black fadora he looked like a basic figure. I knew what I was about to see would change me... but how does one prepare for his life to be changed?