Backstories 6 - I'm Sorry

[POV of Jason]
Ellis De Stella
10 years Ago
0300 AM

[I'm sorry by Buckcherry plays on the radio of the bus]
My love... taken, my house... repossessed, My life... no meaning. I am leaving...

Ellis De Stella
20 years Ago
0900 AM

Head-Nun: so you want this child to be left here?
My whore mother: yes, I want this wretch to be placed here.
Head-Nun: we can offer those services...

[Fast forward]

I walked around the playground, this place was an orphanage... but not one that had many adopters. I, on the first day, got into a fight. I punched this kid named Harold Humphrey (Bastard died in a car wreck 12 years later). I busted him up pretty good, but I recieved the paddle... but that wasn't shit compared to being beaten to almost death. I on that day decided I would only go for chest shots where the opponent would be less likely to taddle, I also took to being a firebug. But on a rainy day in April my eyes met her... Anna. By then two years had went slowly by, but it seemed now like I had a reason to stay. The first time we met I confessed my feelings to her, I fully expected to be slapped... but instead she blushed and took me by the hand. From then on we became inseparable, I found her eyes captivating. We snuck out when we got into our teens, it was easier and we said we had to stay late for High School. When I was 16 I met Baskilov, he was a mobster and I was a kid that had beaten the shit out of this Irish prick. My name in the streets became "the Tin Soldier" I fought hard for no apparent reason. But then Baskilov handed me fist fulls of cash, by the time I was 17 years old I had bought a junkyard 1964 Barracuda with faded, rusty, purple paint and a 225 slant six. I was renting this appartment from Old Man Higgins who was the only one who would let me rent. We then left that horrible orphanage.
When I got to be 19... we went to the Bistro, her sitting on the other side of me. The light illuminated her red hair as he blue eyes sucked me in, her hand laying on mine. We had eaten a large steak, the food was ofcourse on the house. I drove us to our tree, there we set under the stars as the cool air hit us. I gave her my tweed jacket and pulled her close.
[Abracadabra by Steve Miller Band came on the car's radio] we then sat up on the hood and kissed. She the stood with me by the tree as I carved our names with my Barlow pocket knife. I then set my knee upon the ground and looked up at her teary eyes as the stary night behind her made the scene perfect. I pulled out the ring and held it to her view.
Me (Jason): Anna... would you marry me?
Anna: YES...

I then put the ring on her finger and lifted her into the sky and brought her back down slowly. Her legs wrapped around my waist as I kissed her, our love then and there was everlasting... No other woman would be as impactful to my life as Anna.

[POV of RHB]
Neutral Dimension
Wolf's Ridge Manor
700 years ago
2100 PM

Radian was angry... as if he ever was going to win a race.
I was standing on my snowy balcony. I am celebrating my 32nd birthday for the how many hundredth time alone... I guess I'll go and drink. I then saw a blue flash, a woman then appeared and fell to the ground. She was wearing a beaten Edwardian dress, but was having a hard time breathing. I pulled out my switch blade and cut the strings of her corset open, she immediately caught a deep breath as her blue eyes opened wide. She then grabbed me, I then helped her inside and wrapped my coat around her. This was one of the few times I wished someone WAS paying attention to me. I warmed her up and got her hot chocolate, I then helped her to a room but she didn't want to be left alone so I slept on the floor beside her. The next day I awoke to her opening the door.

RHB: ma'am, do you need help?
Woman: no... he-thanks...
RHB: ma'am I pretty much know all the goings on here, if you need to know where to go or when... I am the guy.
Woman: to be honest... I don't know where to go.
RHB: you could hang around me and get used to the way things are around here.

I drove her around in my 1973 Dodge Dart, she saw the modern marvels next to the classics. I took her to the Library, dress shops, museums... and by the end of the day we ate at the Restaurant "la vache bleue" in Paris. I rented a room for her that night, she then asked if I would stay with her again. I got onto the floor to sleep, but she said she wanted to share the bed. The next morning I woke up with her in my arms.
[4 months later]
We climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower and looked into the stars. We danced slowly to the french music below, our eyes locked in eachother as her feet rode the top of mine. I then knelt down in one knee.
I looked up at her teary eyes as the stary night behind her made the scene perfect. I opened her hand and placed the emerald and sliver ring.

Me (RHB): Anna DeWitt will you marry me?
Anna: huhu-YES...

I grapped her and kissed her, her arms wrapped around me tightly as our lips locked.
No other woman would be as impactful to my life as Anna DeWitt.

Quick LightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara