9 twilight zone

[Rusty cage by soundgarden comes on the radio]
I awake in the backseat of my Packard with my neck kind of cramped from the position I was laying in. I emerged from the car and saw that weird machine in the passenger seat, I had almost forgot about last night. I opened the creeky garage doors to the orange sky, an orange sky that was dreamy in a way. I then closed the doors and padlocked the door, I realized this was the first I had done this in years and I just had to stop and think about all the things I had missed out on. I walked into my apartment where Mr. Higgin was sitting at my old style poker table. He had a burlap bag, he looked at me with kind of a angry yet understanding glance, and the coffee cup in his hand shook a little.

Mr. Higgin: If I knew you were going to go back to a life of crime.... I wouldn't have done anything.
Me (Jason): I didn't really have a choice.
Mr. Higgin: Just one question young man, Was it worth it?
Me (Jason): At the moment... I don't know...
Mr. Higgin: Make damn sure it is... I won't loose another precious item again.

Mr. Higgin drank what was left of his coffee and got up with a bit of a struggle to get to his feet, he then grabbed his cane and bowler hat.

Mr. Higgin: your mail is on the table... don't get any paper cuts.
Me (Jason): thanks
Mr. Higgin: Don't mention it kid.

I went through the mail until I got to a fairly recent piece of mail from the bank. I opened it with strait razor on the table. It said something along the lines of "Mr. Jason Marrow.... total balance $750,000 and £50,000."
This shocked me, the antiques I imported from overseas made that much money? I set on the chair and layed the bank letter on the coffee table beside me. I then picked up an all too familiar picture, the picture I took of her when we had a picnic. My world brightened up as the memories of kissing her all over and the love we had for eachother came over me. Then like a lightbulb the light slowly flickered out as the last memory of her came to me. I set in the chair and cried. Why her? Why like that? Do you hate me God?.... I then felt a whoosh and saw a bright flash of light. I looked on the table to see all of the mail neatly stacked and the burlap bag neatly folded. "What the" I said to my self jumping to my feet and pulling the gun from my trench coat. I walked towards the table slowly and seen the TiaDiDiMoMa on the table and a large hard back book with ornate lettering on the front that spelled 'ledger'. I l thumbed through the book and saw several movie and video game titles as well as the words alternative, semi-same, same as. And numbering, letters, descriptions, etc. I then thumbed back to the front where it said for dimension travel. I shook my head in disbelief and looked for a brief case only to find one in the chair beside me, this was getting too weird. I put the the book in the briefcase and grabbed the machine. I ran down the stairs and didn't stop until I was in the ally beside the building.

Me (Jason): what the hell is happening, this isn't right... none of this.

I went to throw the machine only for a flash of light to blind me. I then looked down on my arm where it appeared to be snuggly attached. I grinned in disbelief... this isn't happening. I took out a pocket knife and pricked my finger... that hurt... this can't be real though. I looked at the machine and it said I had a brief case in my inventory, I then looked down to realise I was no longer holding the briefcase. I shook my head again.
I took a deep breath and looked at the section that said YEAR/DATE/MONTH with those old looking spinny dials, I changed it from the current date June 15th [undescript time] to Oct 20th [20 years ago] I would have been 9 then. I then pressed the go button... but nothing happened, I laughed hysterically. But when I opened my eyes the garage had a model-T sticking out of the front and a greasy mechanic listening to [Knocking at your backdoor by Deep Purple] came out and told me to get... in confusion I did. I looked up at the building and seen that my bomber glass window was gone. The radio on the machine kicked on [twilight zone by Golden Earring] and started playing, the radio station was one I hadn't seen for 12 years.
The Machine... Worked....