76 Lake Garnett Raceway

Dimension BSA 0373922839494...
Lake Garnett Raceway
Garnett, Kansas, USA
Year 1968
0700 AM

[POV of Mike]
[Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother plays on Radio]
Kolten has been enjoying the hell out of his DJ job... to the point he is negating the fact that some of this music is the last that people will ever hear. The set up here was simple, infact we didn't have to do anything illegal, we had all the paperwork to be here... and there were only four racers... the other guy opted out. But, the cool thing about this race was that it was clean cut without any violence. I didn't enjoy the aspects of the last race... it seemed like the odds were strictly against us... good thing we are a group of former criminals of some sort.

[POV of Jason]
[Butterfly with Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins]
We drove around the track for a few trial runs, unlike the other races this wasn't meant to be a 'race or die' type. The spring trees were in shades of green and yellow as the skinny dogwood trees were in full bloom. The Pond that lay in the middle section of the track was calm, the sun shined off of it as it reflected the Trees. After our pacing we came back to the starting line. Elizabeth walked towards the center of the track, she wore a 60's style sundress that had blue and red checkering. Her hair flowed in the cool wind as her red lipstick shined, her white tipped two inch heels clicked into place. The raised the Checkered flags into the air before waving them down and starting our race. The race was 15 Laps, yet the track was fairly small and had little hills and sharp turns.

[POV of Jay]
[Immigrant song by Led Zepplin plays on Radio]
I Launched from the starting line and ran around the field hose before making a radid downshift at the corkscrew, I then Upshifted on the chute before pulling the parking braked and powerslid around Snyder Corner. I then drifted around a bend before upshifting and going around the narrow dam/bridge. Once on the other side a swerved around the hay bails and trafic cones before turning onto the Santa Fe Strait. Once on the strait I ractheted up three gears before another session of harsh downshifting when approaching the very sharp Flat Iron Corner. I then crossed the finish line and went into lap 2.

LAP 10

[POV of Mad Jack]
[Money by Pink Floyd plays on Radio]
Radian was rubbing fenders with me, Jason had passed me in the last lap on the Santa Fe Strait. Jay for some reason was about to double lap us as Radian slammed my car at the North end of the track.

Me (Mad Jack):*over mouthpiece* I am tired of having this prick on my Ass!
Jason:*over mouthpiece* Hold on, I'll help.
Me (Mad Jack): Where the fuck are you.... hoLY SHIT!

Jason was coming at us head on, Radian saw this and swerved. The white futuristic Corvette crashed into the gaurd rail and flipped off the track and into the Lake. Jason then spun a 180 which let Jay easily pass him. The last four laps were easy.

[POV of Jay]

I passed the finish line, the gold confetti fell from the sky as I crawled out the window and set on the door panel. Brax and Nako lifted me out of the car and into the air. Mad Jack and Jason leaned against their car with a half cocked grin. RHB awarded me with the gift of racing legends. A glass bottle of Ice cold milk which I drank with glory. We then got on the stage and were awarded trophies. RHB punched Radian in the Jaw and knocked him out when Radian tried to talk shit... Nothing could be more glorious than this moment.