31 back to the Inter-Demensional (I)

neutral Demension
Autumn time.
[1000 AM]

[POV of Mad Jack]

We walked on the cobblestone pathway towards the Inter-Demensional, as we did the overhanging tree's leaves gleemed orange, Red, and Yellow. I held Amélie's hand, she grabbed an apricot off then ground and split it in two she then put the the half in my other hand. The apricot was sweet, it had a sandy texture. Amélie then spat the seed into her hand and put it in her pocket. We then got to the steps, I picked Amélie up. She giggled as I carried her up the stairs, she kissed me on the cheeck when we got to the top. The others soon followed, they were talking about the cool shit they had done. Then in the back Jason walked up the stairs as if they were a burden. We then Ate in the Restraunt, the French waiter there smiled at me. When I got to the Louvre she congratulated me on finding Amélie. She then left with a kind of spring in her step. When I got back Jason was leaving with a letter in his hand.

[POV of Jason]

I walked away from the table, I had been summoned by RHB. I was really not wanting to see him at the moment, but I was intrigued about what was going to come up. I walked down the steps and along the pathway towards some big houses about 200 yards away. I then saw the houses had their own little touches to them that made them stick out from one another. They all had big garages, the One I was looking for looked like a victorian house. I then saw it, it had cattle in the back, in the front was a red '73 dodge Dart, a '74 green Chevrolet Cheyenne Super, a '64 red Barracuda, and a yellow 1970s CJ7. I knocked on the on the Dutch door, A man in his fifties opened the top door with a Ruger SP101 in his hand.

Man: Who are you?
Me (Jason): I am Jason Garand, your son sent for me.

I handed him the letter, he then gracefully took it and glanced at it. He then handed it back and opened the lower door.

Man: Follow me

I followed the man through the historic looking house, he had on a Carhartt work coat and jeans on with battered work boots. His hair and goatee was white with fading grays. We passed by a family room where there was a blond woman in her fifties and and elderly woman in her 70s sitting in the furniture. The looked at me as I passed by, there was a John Wayne movie on the TV. The man then led me to a room where RHB was looking through a window. An elderly man in his 70s then came into the room with a coffee, he was wearing a John Deere hat and Flannel overcoat.
The Older man then talked the the man in his fifties and walked back towards the front room. RHB's office was huge, it had a mahogany desk, a suit rack, book shelves, a fire place, a humidor, a wet bar, globes and maps, and a wall of antique and rare weapons.
(Gods gonna cut you down by Johnny Cash came on)
RHB was wearing a flannel shirt with woodland BDU Jacket, he was nursing on some coffee in a GI metal cup. He then turned an looked at me, he walked towards his desk and set in the huge desk chair. He told me to close the door, I then closed it. The fireplace was roaring in the massive chimney.

Me (Jason): You wanted to talk?
RHB: Have a seat Mr. Garand.
Me (Jasone): Yes sir.
RHB: Damn I'm gettin' to damn old to have these conversations.

He took off his beat up stetson to reveal that his hair was graying, yet he only looked to be in his late thirties.

Me (Jason): I do hope it isn't a bad conversation.
RHB: It is going to make you think, I obviously didn't want to rip you a new one, and it is in my home with family present.
Me (Jason): Am I in trouble.
RHB: a little... we, the regulators circle, would prefer that you didn't cause so much destruction... but we won't stop you unless you plan on detonating nukes.
Me (Jason): Ok, I thought I was in shit creek.
RHB: No, infact, I wanted to get your team some advanced training.
Me (Jason): I'm not their leading officer, if they want to go ahead.
RHB: Just what I wanted to hear. It will improve their skill sets.
Me (Jasone): I have to get some rest at my home demension.
RHB: Fine with me, just say bye to your guys and come come back to some warfighters.
Me (Jason): sounds good.
RHB: Just come on back if ya need anything.

I left with a weird feeling in my chest. I had some new opinions about RHB, especially after seeing how and where he lived. RHB then went outside and got Noa out of the back of the Jeep, he told me we forgot the dog in Leipzig. He the sent for the dog to get back to Mad Jack.
I went back to the restaurant and talked to the team, they seemed hesitant about taking training courses. I told them that they would have to make up their minds on what they were doing, then I informed them that I was going back to Ellis De Stella to take care of some things. Brax and Nako said they would join me in my journey, they said they needed to control the chaos at their bar. I suggested that we rewind time before going to Ellis so that it would appear that we were living our everyday lives. Mad Jack and Mike said they had no reason to ever go back to Ellis. Mike then told me that Marcus would have to run the buisness on his own, and that his stache was in the national gaurd's training bunker. I then prepared to go home. I walked down the steps of the Inter-Demensional and sat on the bottom steps. A man in a battered woodland camo M65 Jacket sat beside me. He had a thick, rugged and unkept, beard. He had a dirty face that smudged any facial features, and his eyes were fairly opaque as if he were blind. Although I could see him studying the landscape carefully. He had old Reebok Military boots, yellow leather workgloves with the right index finger cutt off, filthy faded jeans, snake gaurds on his legs, and a battered and torn brown cowboy hat. He had an M1-Garand with a flip scope on it, the stock was beat up, scratched, and had marks in the wood along with "this machine kills Nazis" carved in the side. He also had a worn leather holster with a scratched up Colt Anaconda, on the other side was a hatchet with "Union Mining" in the handle. His cowboy hat was adorned with feathers and an old miners carbide lamp on the front. The man was 6'6" and lanky, he also appeared to be in his mid 40s.

Mysterious man: How be ya?
Me (Jason): alright, who are you?
Mysterious man: don't have a name, just sign with an X.
Me (Jason): which Demension are you from?
Mysterious man: Here, out there in the wasteland across the canyon.
Me (Jason): What's it like?
Mysterious man: Hunted, all the time, hunting... hunting to live.
Me (Jason): wild animals?
Mysterious man: you could say that.
Me (Jason): My name is Jason.
Mysterious man: Nice to Meet you.
Me (Jason): did you need something?
Mysterious man: 30-06 ammo, some 44s, canned meats, matches, and old newspapers.
Me (Jason): Want me to get that stuff for you?
Mysterious man: Naw, I just wanted to have a good look at the new comer, ya seem like the type.
Me (Jason): For what?
Mysterious man: the one who would get him damn fool self killed by crossing that Metal beam. I hate crossing it my damn self.
Me (Jason): why don't we go to the other side?
Mysterious Man: Stalkers...
Me (Jason): what are stalkers?
Mysterious man: people who've been turned evil with time, they are from here... before 'it' happened.
Me (Jason): what happened?
Mysterious man: That is a horror story I don't want to tell.
Me (Jason): Why don't you stay on this side?
Mysterious man: I don't belong here. I made a mistake long ago that forbids me from staying here.
Me (Jason): Ok, do you know RHB?
Mysterious man: Yes...
Me (Jason): what about him?
Mysterious man: all, same with everyone else. I know things, like every question you'd ask me.
Me (Jason): you telepathic or something?
Mysterious man: wish that were the case.
Me (Jason): what do you do, other than hunt?
Mysterious man: collect important things for the folks on this side.
Me (Jason): I haven't seen the other side, what us it like.
Mysterious man: imagine the perfect world, God's very own look upon the future, with all medical advances and turbo electric cars. Now imagine him introducing humans to it. They polluted and corrupted perfection. Now most of them are in the great freezers. Lets not talk on this subject anymore.
Me (Jason): Thanks for the info.
Mysterious man: anytime, traveler.

I got up and walked towards the garages to look around, when I turned back around the man was gone. Brax and Nako then joined me and in a flash we were back in Ellis De Stella.
I decided that I would go home and get some sleep, then in the next day I would try and contact my brother and see my sister.