54 Soldier's Field

Neutral Dimension
CI's office
Arcadia
0500 AM

[POV of Jason]

I then got up from my seat and walked towards the door.

CI: so you plan to scurry off through a heavily gaurded city without propper papers.
Me (Jason): what... are the soldiers gonna strip search me?
CI: Yes, at this time of day you will stick out like a sour thumb.
Me (Jason): then how do you suggest I travel?
CI: In way of secrecy travel like you did before, get to check-point delta and hand them this.

He handed me a piece of paper with a directive and a signature.

CI: First, get to Soldiers field. Second, walk through the town with an escort to NM's office. Third, give him the letter. Fourth, get in the plane with a Pilot, Lt. Barnerd is his name.
Me (Jason): thanks...
CI: you still gotta stay low 'til you get there. Next time you come... come during the day... with reasons to be here.
Me (Jason): Yes sir!
CI: fuck off.... shit... goodbye, I need sleep.

I walked out of the office, as I walked down the halls I seen men in black trenchcoats talking while staring at me. The sound of typewriters, radios, recorders, murmers, and clacking of dress shoes filled the hall. The smell of coffee, gun powder, chemicals, cigarettes, and old paper flowed around me as I seen the speckles of blood down the hallway. This place felt cold, not physically, but like there was so much bad shit under one roof that it could hurt your head... if not get it blown off. The walls were gray and light blue, and the floors were hospital white, the lights were dim... yet luminated what they were supposed to and hid what they weren't. I exited the building and walked through the ruins until I seen signs for Soldier's Field, I then boarded the gondola and rode towards the place. The air got colder, the air surrounded me and snow hit my face. I looked down to see soldiers in M65 coats (but different garb under) reloading tank and artillery shells, most were smoking and the ones on break were drinking canteens and eating sandwiches. I looked over at the motorpull to see soldiers in overalls teaching the new guys how to operate the machines, one then got into a Willies MB Jeep and drive as another gave him the bird. On the other side men were doing drills and physical stuff, and beyond that there was a quonset hut that had a red cross on it.
The gondola then went over a GM and Dodge Duce-and-a-half Trucks that were loaded with surplus goodies, I then seen inside of a building where men were cleaning their rifles and pressing their uniforms. The gondola then landed at the Soldier's Field Landing, there was a soldier in a garrison cap and a khaki uniform with tie, the soldier set at the front desk reading a Dick Tracy magazine. I walked towards the soldier who gave me an Icy look as he put down his magazine, he then took a long drag off his cigarette as he looked over my papers.

PFC doorman: you sure came at a shitty time sir?
Me (Jason): why is it a bad time?
PFC doorman: not only is it O'five-hundred and thirty, you came during the random inspections.
Me (Jason): and...?
PFC doorman: people are on high gaurd, seeing NM will almost be impossible... even if it happens to be Christmas! There is a upper ranking officer's meeting today, it will take up much of his day.
Me (Jason): so what am I supposed to do?
PFC doorman: Honestly, since you snuck here... and don't tell me you didn't... it would be best advised if you just walked there.
Me (Jason): in this?
PFC doorman: just say you're with CI's crew, those bastards are always picking around here. Just don't let anybody above Sergeant find you.
Me (Jason): thanks for the help...
PFC doorman: if anybody catches ya.... I don't know your ass from Jesus.

I walked through the gate and down the stairs, once down I went into the surplus room and threw on an HBT cap and wool overcoat. I then walked through the tangled artillery batteries where soldiers didn't give me a second look, the soldiers were to busy playing poker and drinking whilst trying to stay warm and out of the snow, They all looked like they were from the Korean War. I then walked through the motorpull, men were smoking and working on broken parts, some looked like they were from the Vietnam era while others looked like the were from World War 1. I then exited the motorpull and walked by the busy mess halls, a group of Patriots from the American Revolution were talking to British Navy men. The snow felt frigid, I looked over to see a group of CSA soldiers and Union soldiers sitting around a cook stove and joking on eachother. A fat cook in an undershirt then dumped water on the walk way, he looked at me and grumbled while he chewed on his cigar, when he turned to go back into the kitchen a eagle holding swastika showed on his arm.
A group of Germans in World War 1 garb were talking to some other Germans in Nazi garb, a group of Russian soldiers then whizzed by me and started a fight with the Germans. I walked away while the MPs (military Police) passed me to break up the fight. I then made it to the hangers and air strip, I walked around the hangers looking for BR549-2. Once I found it I entered to see a man working on his plane's engine, I then seen he had a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label and a pipe in an ash tray ontop of an old mine crate. The man was wearing a leather Jacket that had 'Dog of War' on it and boasted a skull with a Pilot helmet, there were also alot of bombs, swastikas, and Japanese flags sewed onto it... they were all in rows. His wasn't wearing leggings, and his boots were old motorcycle riding boots, he was wearing and old Pilots hat and had it cocked back on his head. Dogs of War by AC/DC wad playing on his small radio. I then approached him to talk to him.