116.

"This pain inside just won't go away."

-Heather's P.O.V

Funerals are always depressing.

One main reason I hate them, and because it's full of sadness and tears from everyone around you.

I pulled up the tan colored skirt, tucking my shirt inside of it. I wore a simple skirt with black stockings, black heels and a 3rd quarter sleeve shirt. I had my hair in simple curls with waterproof make up, because I knew for a fact I'd be a mess during the funeral. I clipped the necklace on, letting out a sigh before I grabbed my clutch.

My heels clicked against the stairs, hearing the hushed voices of people talking. Niall, Adam, Ami, Paul, Luke and my father stood in the living room, staring at me as I walked down the stairs. Maddie wasn't going, she was too young for this, and I didn't want her to see this, so she was getting babysat by Hanna.

"How about John, Niall and Heather ride with me?" Adam suggested, everyone nodded. Adam has had it rough, losing his sister was hard for him. He had made the tour a month later, and I just figured out that he was in the band Maroon 5, and he has made me listen to every single song they've written.

He wasn't such a bad singer, he had a wonderful voice.

Niall reached for my hand, lacing our fingers together. We stepped outside in the cool weather, the sky a dark shade of gray. I smiled lightly before looking back at the ground, Niall helping me get into my fathers truck. I sat with my hands laced in my lap, Niall's hand resting on my knee cap. He was wearing a simple black and white suit, his hair in a neat quiff.

"You're going to be alright." He whispered, kissing my temple. I stayed silent and leaned my head against his shoulder, waiting for us to arrive at the funeral.

Quick drive must I say, and it was a bit crowded. I got out of the car, Niall's hand going onto my lower back. Paul parked next to my father, I didn't bother waiting. Some of my fathers side was here, the rest of my mothers side was here. I gave a few hugs to some of the members, giving them small, simple smiles.

"Sorry about your loss, we're here for you." My cousin Edward apologized, I smiled and gave him a small hug. He patted me on the back before making his way towards my father, leaving me alone with Niall. Once the preacher arrived, we all stood in front of the six foot deep hole, silence surrounding us.

"We are here today to show love and support for the Foster's family over the loss of a wonderful woman, Ashley Foster. Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of the loss within the Foster family, but our hearts have been drawn towards them, and will continue to be with them." Two men dressed in black suits, carefully dropped the casket into the ground. Niall gave my shoulder a light squeeze, the tears falling like waterfalls.

"Go ahead." My father whispered, Luke grabbed onto my hand, his hand connected to Ami's. Each of us bent down, grabbing a handful of dirt, dropping it over the brown casket. This was it, my mother was really gone. I stayed crouched into my position, watching as people dropped handfuls of dirt onto the casket, my heart shattering into a million pieces. My body was shattered, I was lost.

"Once again, I am very sorry for your loss." The preacher announced, walking away shortly afterwards. My father talked with a small group of men, and he wasn't crying. Shocker. I flinched when a hand was placed onto my back, the blonde haired man crouched down next to me. He stayed silent, I mentally thanked him for that. I tore my eyes away from the casket, flickering my eyes upwards. It was an empty woods, but today it wasn't.

Two figures leaned against a tree, a man dressed in a black tux, a woman with brown hair dressed in a black long sleeve dress. I knew exactly who it was, I swallowed hard. I stood to my feet, Niall doing the same. I stared at the couple in the woods, before they gave me a small wave, turning away.